2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
ex-merseymariner
December 10, 2017, 8:50am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/forest-green-rovers-boss-mark-903579

What an idiot!

“We got a man booked for time-wasting after 27 minutes, and if that was a penalty, there’ll be ten penalties in every game,” Cooper said.

Managers talk such rubbish!  They time-wasted from a very early point, and I expected about 6 minutes of added time in the first half; we got just 2. My mate noticed instructions from their number 5 to ease up on the timewasting after the first booking.  If anything the ref let them time waste for 5-10 minutes more than he could have, he seemed to award them almost every 50-50, certainly many 'challenges' that seemed hard but fair went against Town.

And the penalty comment - of course it was a penalty.  Bad loser.

Talking of the ref; we had 3 bookings; what was the Dembele one for??!

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Davec
December 10, 2017, 8:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/forest-green-rovers-boss-mark-903579

What an idiot!

“We got a man booked for time-wasting after 27 minutes, and if that was a penalty, there’ll be ten penalties in every game,” Cooper said.

Managers talk such rubbish!  They time-wasted from a very early point, and I expected about 6 minutes of added time in the first half; we got just 2. My mate noticed instructions from their number 5 to ease up on the timewasting after the first booking.  If anything the ref let them time waste for 5-10 minutes more than he could have, he seemed to award them almost every 50-50, certainly many 'challenges' that seemed hard but fair went against Town.

Dembele got booked for his ridiculous play actingm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
HertsGTFC
December 10, 2017, 8:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217

What an idiot!

It was a penalty as he pulled DJ's shirt and pushed him regardless of where the ball was at the time that's as much against the rules as "running through the D" . Though the ref was pretty average for both sides to be honest it was just that they hit the ground easier when there was the slightest contact.

Your right Hagrid managers do say stupid things but other than Klopp recently they never "it was my fault for setting the team up incorrectly" trying to be clever and playing out from the back is a stupid tactic considering their league position. From top to bottom their club reeks of smug arrogance.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
chaos33
December 10, 2017, 9:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349
I've never felt Cooper was much good though. He's never really come across as knowledgeable or charismatic or whatever.

That was a clear push for the pen, and Forest Green and their manager are little more than 'green waste'.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
mariner91
December 10, 2017, 9:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,255
Gold Stars: 253
It would give me great pleasure if they were to go straight back down. Can't stand their chairman, their manager, their players or their fans. Horrible, horrible little club.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
Freemoash88
December 10, 2017, 10:09am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
I've seen some excrement in my time, past players, past teams but for me that showing from FGR was absolutely shocking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
paramariner
December 10, 2017, 10:56am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +168
Gold Stars: 7
Don't  agree that Dembo was play acting. We were sat only yards away and the defender purposely body checked him centre chest, even Lincoln fat Rhead would have been knocked over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
ex-merseymariner
December 10, 2017, 11:11am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Your right Hagrid managers do say stupid things but other than Klopp recently they never "it was my fault for setting the team up incorrectly" trying to be clever and playing out from the back is a stupid tactic considering their league position. From top to bottom their club reeks of smug arrogance.  

Hagrid hasnt appeared on this thread tho?!?

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
Marinerz93
December 10, 2017, 12:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Mark Coopers reaction is typical of the man, a poor loser and as arrogant as they come remember the play off final. Scott Bartlett acting as caretaker manager for FGR had a decent set of results and their players seemed to be playing for each other, then Cooper comes in with his twisted prune wrinkled face and unnerved everything that had been running smooth for them. I remember him jumping up and down at Wembley taking over from Scott Bartlett contradicting what he was trying to do, I felt sorry for Bartlett.

I hope FGR end up on the compost heap.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
HertsGTFC
December 10, 2017, 12:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217

Hagrid hasnt appeared on this thread tho?!?

Opps, Sorry same avatar thing......

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.