arryarryarry
December 11, 2017, 12:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
To be fair to Sam he looked really down after the penno miss and it told in his play but he did still have chances think some people are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Yeah the lad as a bit of attitude but he is the best striker we have I am sure he will bang in more goals he is the most direct striker we have and always looks to have a strike at goal.

Be more concerned if he never showed any emotion,

If he learned to play the ball off a bit quicker instead of trying to beat every player he would be much better.

I like him for his get stuck in attitude although I think his performances have dipped since RS started substituting him, I can't remember which game it was but he certainly wasn't happy about being taken off.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 68
AussieMariner
December 11, 2017, 1:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from arryarryarry

If he learned to play the ball off a bit quicker instead of trying to beat every player he would be much better.

I like him for his get stuck in attitude although I think his performances have dipped since RS started substituting him, I can't remember which game it was but he certainly wasn't happy about being taken off.

Morecambe away was one of them.
I think he is one of our best players/prospects but he definitely plays with a great deal of emotion which is why he loses it when the opposition uses delaying tactics at penalties.
I suspect his bad attitude in the second half on Saturday was because RS told him he wasn’t taking penalties at half time and may have even given him a b0ll0king for ignoring instructions when he insisted on taking the one on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 68
Jarmo.Is.God
December 11, 2017, 8:31am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
No one is doubting Jones ability, as IMO, one of our best players we've had in a long time.

However on Saturday, he was just stood around.

At 1 point we had a counter attack and he was almost in a CDM position and no way near the play...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 68
1mickylyons
December 11, 2017, 9:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
I really enjoyed the match Saturday thought Town played well for the most part but could and should have stuck 3-4 chances away.I was a bit frustrated with Jones but seemed to be carrying a knock or maybe felt ill he certainly never put his usual effort in 2nd half. I feel I have to mention Summerfield again I thought a few played well but he really is 7/10 week in week out and reminds me of Cunnington in a lot of ways.We need to get him tied to a new 2 year deal and find him a partner Rose played well and got a goal it could be him.Summerfield just needs to add the odd goal to his game and he will be 8/10 great effort from him to turn his Town career round.Also the crowd 4300 odd was a great effort given the weather,opposition and time of year and those present backed the team.We need to stay with them now 4 hard games coming up and by hook or by crook we could do with getting a minimum 6 points.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 68
ginnywings
December 11, 2017, 9:25am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Seems to be a recurring theme at home this season. Play well first half, don't get the goals we should, then become progressively deeper and more defensive second half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 68
Maringer
December 11, 2017, 11:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Jones appears to be a bit sulky for me at times and certainly looked a bit half-arsed at times in the second half. He may have been tired, but so was Matt and he was still trying, even though he was too knackered to kick the ball properly by the time he was subbed!

I think it's just part of Jones' personality and probably explains why he dropped out of the game when released by Leeds. He has plenty of ability and generally does well so I think we've just got to accept some below par performances from time to time. Could do with him starting to take some more of his chances though as he really should have buried that header on Saturday,

No more penalties from him though, please. The last two have been really poor and we were slightly fortunate to get away with his miss against FGR.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 68
rancido
December 11, 2017, 12:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from LH

The political correctness comment might be something to do with the grimsby pete saga. It’s political correctness gone mad when you can’t harrass a club director on a football forum anymore I tell ya!

Harrassment isn't acceptable towards anyone !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 68
Garth
December 11, 2017, 2:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

Harrassment isn't acceptable towards anyone !

Exactly! criticism yes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 68
Mariner_09
December 11, 2017, 2:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Maringer
Jones appears to be a bit sulky for me at times and certainly looked a bit half-arsed at times in the second half. He may have been tired, but so was Matt and he was still trying, even though he was too knackered to kick the ball properly by the time he was subbed!

I think it's just part of Jones' personality and probably explains why he dropped out of the game when released by Leeds. He has plenty of ability and generally does well so I think we've just got to accept some below par performances from time to time. Could do with him starting to take some more of his chances though as he really should have buried that header on Saturday,

No more penalties from him though, please. The last two have been really poor and we were slightly fortunate to get away with his miss against FGR.

Even the ones he's scored have been poor pens, low down, not in the corner, that one at Mansfield seemed to go through the keeper. I thought he worked quite hard on Saturday but just looked out of sorts, needs another goal I feel, good player but does run down blind allies and always tries to beat every man (a criticism that could also be aimed at DJ), RS saying that Davies is the pen taker is good news on the basis that that means Dixon shouldn't be coming back into the side anytime soon. He also said that Osborne would definitely be coming back which is good news. I'd leave Jones in there as everyone said that we should drop Siriki but he didn't and it started paying dividends when he got a goal, I suspect the same may apply to Jones.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.