7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
December 10, 2017, 7:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Well FGR certainly look to play football along the floor but today it was boring and actually quite cocky, first half they didn't threaten at all hardly and at times their passing was suicidal and like others have said we could and should have scored 3 or 4 in the first half. FGR timewasting and general agricultural demeanour mean I really hope they get relegated. 2nd half was terrible and in the end we were lucky to keep them out however we still missed chances galore.

Jones is bang out of form, does he even want to be here? And please take him of penalties!

I didn't agree with Hooper for Rose, no fault of Hooper but his natural instincts are to drift inside and he did just that leaving Davies exposed, if Rose had to come off I would have brought on Dixon and move Davies to centre mid leaving Woolford out wide.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 68
HertsGTFC
December 10, 2017, 8:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Davec
Well FGR certainly look to play football along the floor but today it was boring and actually quite cocky, first half they didn't threaten at all hardly and at times their passing was suicidal and like others have said we could and should have scored 3 or 4 in the first half. FGR timewasting and general agricultural demeanour mean I really hope they get relegated. 2nd half was terrible and in the end we were lucky to keep them out however we still missed chances galore.

Jones is bang out of form, does he even want to be here? And please take him of penalties!

I didn't agree with Hooper for Rose, no fault of Hooper but his natural instincts are to drift inside and he did just that leaving Davies exposed, if Rose had to come off I would have brought on Dixon and move Davies to centre mid leaving Woolford out wide.

Bit in bold, what a daft comment. I think Rose and DJ where brought off as there are tougher tests ahead in the next month.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 68
buckstown
December 10, 2017, 8:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 77
For various reasons this was my first game of the season and first half I was impressed. Nice football and skill, pressed when they had the ball and it was just a matter of time. Thought Matt had their centre half on toast from minute one and we could have put more balls into the box
Dreadful penalty and Davis needs to be taking them.
I was impressed with the way FGR tried to play the ball out of defence but it had member up stamped all over it, plus they were rubbish for the last 60 yards of the pitch so I think it's naive given their position in the league.
Second half they went for it and our final ball and decision making was awful. I think our starting eleven is very close to a play off team, but the substitutions exposed the lack of quality and that will be crucial especially against better teams. Also disagree slightly about earlier Jones comments, thought him and Matt did a lot of running and pressing and were plain shattered for the last 30 minutes. Trouble is Slade had little choice and had to leave them on.
Overall enjoyed it and see you at Luton
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 68
HertsGTFC
December 10, 2017, 8:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from buckstown
For various reasons this was my first game of the season and first half I was impressed. Nice football and skill, pressed when they had the ball and it was just a matter of time. Thought Matt had their centre half on toast from minute one and we could have put more balls into the box
Dreadful penalty and Davis needs to be taking them.
I was impressed with the way FGR tried to play the ball out of defence but it had member up stamped all over it, plus they were rubbish for the last 60 yards of the pitch so I think it's naive given their position in the league.
Second half they went for it and our final ball and decision making was awful. I think our starting eleven is very close to a play off team, but the substitutions exposed the lack of quality and that will be crucial especially against better teams. Also disagree slightly about earlier Jones comments, thought him and Matt did a lot of running and pressing and were plain shattered for the last 30 minutes. Trouble is Slade had little choice and had to leave them on.
Overall enjoyed it and see you at Luton

Agree with this if ever there was a game where the skill of Osborne and the pace of Bolarinwa would have added something from the bench it was yesterday. The fact that Doige who has 11 in the league season to date never got a look in is credit to Town.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 68
Davec
December 10, 2017, 8:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Bit in bold, what a daft comment. I think Rose and DJ where brought off as there are tougher tests ahead in the next month.

How is it? Many people who sit around me think the same, does Jones want to be here? It doesn't look as so he does under Slade
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 68
HertsGTFC
December 10, 2017, 8:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Davec

How is it? Many people who sit around me think the same, does Jones want to be here? It doesn't look as so he does under Slade

Does he look any different to what he did when Bignot was here? I think so his first touch is better and he is playing a bit more with his head up and making good progress at football league level. He certainly looked like he wanted to be here when he scored at Barnet and worked really hard to win the ball for Matt to score versus Swindon.

I guess it's all quiet on the Fenty front so lets start having a pop at one or two players.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 68
MuddyWaters
December 10, 2017, 8:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Does he look any different to what he did when Bignot was here? I think so his first touch is better and he is playing a bit more with his head up and making good progress at football league level. He certainly looked like he wanted to be here when he scored at Barnet and worked really hard to win the ball for Matt to score versus Swindon.

I guess it's all quiet on the Fenty front so lets start having a pop at one or two players.

We might as well all pack in if you can't have an opinion on player performance. I thought the whole front 6 dropped a level in the second half yesterday with Jones and DJ particularly culpable.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 68
HertsGTFC
December 10, 2017, 9:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We might as well all pack in if you can't have an opinion on player performance. I thought the whole front 6 dropped a level in the second half yesterday with Jones and DJ particularly culpable.

Did anyone say you can't have an opinion? Or is it just that you can't disagree with yours

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 68
Croxton
December 10, 2017, 9:17am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Herts. Yes Jones was much sharper in those games but myself and dozens around me in the Upper were puzzled  by his lack of awareness and movement in the second half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 68
headingly_mariner
December 10, 2017, 9:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Give over, this is a thread about the game. I'd be surprised if anyone who is disgruntled with the board suddenly thinks they are ok becuase of three good results.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.