7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
December 9, 2017, 5:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
To car, played well first half, played poor second half.

Didn't take advantage of the extra man.

Couldn't understand the substitutions, Jones should give up the job of taking Penalties.

Great to get three wins in a row.
Private Message
Hagrid
December 9, 2017, 5:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,989
Gold Stars: 508
Jones's attitude stank second half. A wins a win though, despite a poor second half. Collins or clarke MOM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 68
Mikoo
December 9, 2017, 5:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
Totally agree, played great first half. Second half had me tearing my hair out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 68
oochiad
December 9, 2017, 5:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
I agree, Jones really isn’t doing it at times. That penalty was shocking and he didn’t look right after. Made hard work if it in the second half but they still didn’t really create anything. Now I can enjoy my drive back to Yorkshire. Looking forward to Nottingham next weekend. ITM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 68
oochiad
December 9, 2017, 5:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
Oops UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 68
LH
December 9, 2017, 5:36pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
A win is a win and I’ll always love beating FGR. Jones looked like he couldn’t be arsed at all. Boyeson not that much of a twit again - maybe he’s a reformed man?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 68
Stew0_0
December 9, 2017, 5:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,199
Gold Stars: 35
Frustrating but a wins a win and only out of play-off place by goal difference which is annoying because we should have won more comfortably.

Forest Green were the worst team ive seen us play this season and only tactics they had were playing from the keeper, time wasting and  falling over at slightest touch to buy a free kick. Collins and clarke gave there dangerman Doidge nothing all game and defensively we were very tight.

Overall, we could have played better offensively and made better decisions but first time since we rejoined football league that weve won 3 on the bounce so cant complain.... to much.

Ben Davies my m.o.m closely followed by Nathan Clarke.

Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 68
Marinerz93
December 9, 2017, 5:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
3 points gladly taken from the carrot munchers, onwards we go, hopefully if we keep going like we did in the first half we'll soon have positive number of goals which could help cement our place in the top 7.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 68
MuddyWaters
December 9, 2017, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Happy days - 3 wins on the bounce is good news in spite of our non-performance 2nd half. MoTM? First half Summers, 2nd half Clarke, Sam Jones was a. lazy and b. greedy.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 68
Grimbiggs
December 9, 2017, 5:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Solid performance, decent start to the game with plenty of possession in the first half, but failed to capitalise on the many half chances we had. Shocking penalty from Jones, and a poor performance from him on the whole, seemed to make the wrong decisions every opportunity he had. Matt throw himself around, although it was hard work second half, numerous breaks, but final ball in the final third and finishing was lacking, and we couldn't deliver that killer punch. Forest Green were another poor side, and created little. Anyway a wins a win, hard to name a MOM, as back four all played well, and I thought Rose had a good game in the middle, breaking everything up, and distributing the ball well. Next two games will see how good we are, up against the best two sides in the division...UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 68
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.