1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
December 8, 2017, 7:32am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
I see that the police at the Brighton v Crystal Palace game have had to apologise for making incorrect statements during the game, they claimed that some Palace supporters had brought weapons to the game, this gave them a perfect excuse to round up some fans and return them to London without them seeing the game. Now where have we heard of a similar event happening where police make a statement that is proved incorrect later. This makes you wonder if this is a planned police tactic to justify their actions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimRob
December 8, 2017, 9:54am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Football is a big payday for the police. Compared to normal criminals football fans are easy pickings, they are not dangerous, hardened criminals who know their way around the legal system. If you look hard enough you can always find some sort of "offence" to justify your day's wages. I'm surprised they even need to go the extent of making something up.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 4
1mickylyons
December 8, 2017, 10:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from GrimRob
Football is a big payday for the police. Compared to normal criminals football fans are easy pickings, they are not dangerous, hardened criminals who know their way around the legal system. If you look hard enough you can always find some sort of "offence" to justify your day's wages. I'm surprised they even need to go the extent of making something up.

Quite correct on the hooligan front it`s the only crime I can think of where the police know pretty much when and where it will happen and who will be involved.

This crosses over into general football fans who are the ones who usually fall foul of the law on matchday due to being drunk,rowdy etc if you are from Sheffield even Vimto can cause you to be nicked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
KingstonMariner
December 8, 2017, 10:39am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
At least for once they're apologising for their mistakes.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
codcheeky
December 8, 2017, 10:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
I doubt very much if anyone involved in making up these lies and undermining confidence in the police still further will face any action. They were quite happy to make up stories about smashed up pubs at Chesterfield.  Until there are enough senior officers with the moral courage and decency to stamp this out it will continue.  The police do not have a easy job but sowing distrust through lies only makes it harder for themselves
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Police Making False Statements Again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.