Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Town 4 Shef U 0

Drinkell 3 Waters 1 Town champions!

I couldn't go to that game but a family friend got me a programme that is safely in my attic!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
HertsGTFC
December 7, 2017, 8:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Marinerz93
Just being in the Pontoon when it was standing, Being lifted off my feet a teenager and going from the top of the Pontoon down to almost the bottom after Town scored. The atmosphere and the characters were awesome. a lot of games I came a way with headache with the noise that was generated in those days.

When I was a kid standing in the Main near the tunnel the ponny looked massive with everyone stood up, loved it, addicted for life.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
ginnywings
December 7, 2017, 8:19pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HertsGTFC

This is starting to sound like a Harrington St Corner reunion, I was in that bit too as a 12 year old, I remember the Star of the Mirror next morning "Brolly rains on the toffees" springs to mind.

We where spoilt long before we where spoilt!  

Another that was in that corner, squashed up against the fence.

My game would be the one Barra mentioned agin Barnsley. It was crazy in the Ponny when that third went in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
FishOutOfWater
December 7, 2017, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
One I would revisit if I could would be the 3-2 win at Chelsea after us being 2-0 down

I was late to the game because I got locked in M&S I’m Oxford Street because of bomb scares in Central London - Harrods was actually the target

The more central tube stations were closed so I had to circumnavigate my way to Stamford Bridge getting there just as they were kicking off.

Too late to get in the Town end though so went in a side stand

Wished I hadn’t made it when we fell behind but then I saw a fantastic comeback from us but couldn’t celebrate at all

If I could see this one again, I’d be smack bang in the middle of our fans, screaming out my support as we come back to rub Chelsea’s noses in it  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 49
dapperz fun pub
December 7, 2017, 10:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,927
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Les Brechin
Here's a random one that most people won't think about.

Away at Reading in the 4th Round FA Cup replay in 1988/89 (I think) when we won 2-1 to secure a trip to Wimbledon, with goals from Shaun Cunnington and Kevin Jobling.

I thought we'd have a couple of hundred or so there that night but we nearly filled the old away end at Elm Park. Must have been about 1500 Town there that night as well as a variety of different inflateables.

Went in the back of a transit van with the CBP of the day fookin long uncomfortable journey but didn't starve as the services got battered and when we got to reading plenty of shenanigans can't remember much about the game tbh
Everton at home or sheff u at home can't really split them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
KingstonMariner
December 7, 2017, 11:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Sigone
The Everton 2-1 for me..a young lad in con's  corner stood on his stool  that my big bro made for me..also when we took over Wimbledon away in the f.a cup. I went into the greyhound stadium by mistake, was a better stadium than plough lane.

Forgot that Wimbledon game. It seemed like everything on 4 wheels (less in some cases) had come down for the day. I swear blind the 3C was there. Pete must have been driving it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
Tinymariner
December 7, 2017, 11:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
One I would revisit if I could would be the 3-2 win at Chelsea after us being 2-0 down

I was late to the game because I got locked in M&S I’m Oxford Street because of bomb scares in Central London - Harrods was actually the target

The more central tube stations were closed so I had to circumnavigate my way to Stamford Bridge getting there just as they were kicking off.

Too late to get in the Town end though so went in a side stand

Wished I hadn’t made it when we fell behind but then I saw a fantastic comeback from us but couldn’t celebrate at all

If I could see this one again, I’d be smack bang in the middle of our fans, screaming out my support as we come back to rub Chelsea’s noses in it  

My brother took me to that game, I was 11 and I was gutted at half time. Then we came out and put 3 past them with big Keef scoring a beautiful header, I went ballistic. Great memories.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
Skrill
December 8, 2017, 12:00am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Arsenal v Grimsby Town, 27 November 2001, with the likes of Martin Keown, Edu, Jermaine Pennant, Giovanni Van Bronckhorst and Dennis Bergkamp

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
SpudUDontLike
December 8, 2017, 12:15am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
Town 3 West Ham 0. What a night.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › One Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.