2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
December 6, 2017, 11:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
Bennett is banned for 3 matches and misses the Town game. A big loss for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
sonik
December 7, 2017, 12:13am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Bennett is banned for 3 matches and misses the Town game. A big loss for them.

Not sure its a 3 game ban as it was a second yellow for his sending off? At least 1 match then and against us if the competition rules have been changed.

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Marinerz93
December 7, 2017, 5:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from KingstonMariner

He was talking about only 8 needed to vote down any proposal to change the League to allow B teams. Though I would prefer to see that confirmed in the League constitution first, and would like to see us being one of the 8.

It doesn't matter how many are needed to vote it down, the majority of boardrooms are now driven by cash, the soul of the game being sold out decades ago, people like Marley will sell it to the chairman / owners and they'll just see ££ signs, the game dies as they all but one or two vote for it, it won't be enough, money men win.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
HertsGTFC
December 7, 2017, 8:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I know this has done the rounds but can someone please tell me how Batshuayi, 24 years old Belgian international can play in this comp having been on the pitch in last night's Champions League game?

I've not been too upset about this topic as I would have never gone to a game unless we drew someone close to (my) home or got to the final which I knew wouldn't happen. On top of this I always knew that JF would vote for it as there is a cash incentive and generating income is the boards job in reality,

BUT (time to let Pete back on now I reckon)

The bit in bold is a total fukin p1ss take, feels like it's just an exercise to keep fringe prem players fit.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
LeeVanCleef
December 7, 2017, 10:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +180
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I know this has done the rounds but can someone please tell me how Batshuayi, 24 years old Belgian international can play in this comp having been on the pitch in last night's Champions League game?

It's a slippery slope to what we all know to be the inevitable.

Consider this.. There is no way the first season of the competition in this format was a success, so why did the majority of the bigger Prem teams want to become involved when the EFL couldn't sell it to them originally.

Leicester putting out a squad for the game against Scunny with over £45M of value in it, was that just a run out or was it because they wanted to get through to the next round? How do the big teams even view the competition? Are they already thinking about trying to win it? Could we see Vardy and the like's playing for them so they actually can win the later rounds? How long before ALL the Prem teams want to win it and start fielding strong teams with their bench warmers starting in the later rounds? How utterly ridiculous would that be?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
KingstonMariner
December 7, 2017, 11:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I've not been too upset about this topic as I would have never gone to a game unless we drew someone close to (my) home or got to the final which I knew wouldn't happen. On top of this I always knew that JF would vote for it as there is a cash incentive and generating income is the boards job in reality,

BUT (time to let Pete back on now I reckon)

The bit in bold is a total fukin p1ss take, feels like it's just an exercise to keep fringe prem players fit.

Their job in respect of finances is to try to ensure we are competitive. If everyone gets £30k for entering then everyone is back to square one.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
Sigone
December 8, 2017, 12:29am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from KingstonMariner
If everyone gets £30k for entering then everyone is back to square one.

I totally get your point, but 30K although equal means different things to different clubs, e.g (on a sliding scale) Sheff Utd, Grimsby, Accrington.  I would guess 3 totally differing budgets where 30k for Sheff Utd means a new paint job in the board room, 30K for Grimsby means portaloo's in the main stand. 30K for accrington means a couple of youth players from premier league clubs.  It's how its used.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
KingstonMariner
December 8, 2017, 12:41am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Sigone

I totally get your point, but 30K although equal means different things to different clubs, e.g (on a sliding scale) Sheff Utd, Grimsby, Accrington.  I would guess 3 totally differing budgets where 30k for Sheff Utd means a new paint job in the board room, 30K for Grimsby means portaloo's in the main stand. 30K for accrington means a couple of youth players from premier league clubs.  It's how its used.

That is a fair point.

So the concerns raised about the bogs last Tuesday can be addressed!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
toontown
December 8, 2017, 8:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Sigone

Its not though - the board admitted themselves that Grimsby fans have refused to come to the games - the £30,000 we made from the comp is almost certainly amongst the lowest of any club in League 2. We had our lowest ever attendance for a 1st team match. So actually they have effectively voted for other clubs in league 2 to have a slight financial advantage over us compared to what they would otherwise have been. They seem utterly unable to understand this.

In the eyes of Marley any money is an advantage - but it isnt if the other 23 teams make at least as much or more, it's a disadvantage to the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Checkatrade shambles

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.