4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
December 5, 2017, 2:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,531
Gold Stars: 215
I'd like Bolarinwa to come back as I think he's a better option than Woolford or Kelly. However, we've got too many players and I doubt anyone wants either of those 2, so we're probably stuck with them. I'd like to see Clifton go out on loan too, which I'm surprised hasn't happened already.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
monkeyboy
December 5, 2017, 2:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
How long is Max Wright on loan for? been doing well by all accounts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
Abdul19
December 5, 2017, 2:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,531
Gold Stars: 215
For the season, but we might be able to recall him during the window (not sure if this bit was reported or not?)

I can only seeing him being recalled though if Slade wants to loan him somewhere higher up the ladder.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
MuddyWaters
December 5, 2017, 5:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Of the players out on loan, only Osborne is realistically going to replace anyone in the current starting line-up. We clearly need a left back in the longer term, however well Ben Davies is doing, and we need a goalscorer (doesn't everyone!). I guess what RS gets to spend depends on what he's able to get rid of off the wage bill.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
Stew0_0
December 5, 2017, 5:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 35
Can see mcallister and clifton going out on loan and clwments still not getting a look in so expect to see another centre midfielder even with the return of jamie osbourne. Add to this we will find a new left back even 1 or 2 strikers especially if we send cardwell out for game time.

To sum up there could be as many as 4 new players with probably as many again going out. Might be an exciting window!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
Grantham_Mariner
December 5, 2017, 6:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,180
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from promotion plaice

I see a host of clubs are monitoring Grantham Town striker Lee Shaw.

Just saying.

I understand they want 20k for him, but will take 10k.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
wiggers
December 5, 2017, 6:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
A decent LB please Santa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
Bristol Mariner
December 5, 2017, 8:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GrimRob
The transfer windowis is just 4 weeks away. The chances are we will be a few points off the play-offs when it starts, possibly even in a play off spot who knows! But who should we sign? The last two games have seen hopefully the basis of the team that should play the rest of the season, Osborne J could play a big part as well potentially. A striker is an obvious position where we are lacking. The back 4 have been solid, but do we have the strength in depth? What about the players currently on loan, should they be released or taken on? I think we could do a lot worse than just "re-sign" them. I'd like to see Asante and Clements both given a chance personally in this year's squad. Bolarinwa is a good impact substitute and may complement our two wide players. I'd at most get one striker, one defender, have another look at the loan players when they come back (if they do) and offload anyone who's not going to play a part for the rest of the season.

Patrice Evra is available end of season - he could also double up a as hit man until then to make some of the Fishy dissenters' disappear..... (very tongue in cheek before I get into trouble)

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
ginnywings
December 5, 2017, 8:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I don't think Dixon is as bad as people are saying. He's had some dodgy games, but he's had some good ones as well. The left back we have had training with us for ages came on as a sub in that behind closed doors game with Morecambe last week. He's been hanging around for ages, so can't be totally out of the picture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
sydney
December 5, 2017, 9:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Amond
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Transfer Window

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.