This thread currently has 7,001 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
December 5, 2017, 10:36am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
The transfer windowis is just 4 weeks away. The chances are we will be a few points off the play-offs when it starts, possibly even in a play off spot who knows! But who should we sign? The last two games have seen hopefully the basis of the team that should play the rest of the season, Osborne J could play a big part as well potentially. A striker is an obvious position where we are lacking. The back 4 have been solid, but do we have the strength in depth? What about the players currently on loan, should they be released or taken on? I think we could do a lot worse than just "re-sign" them. I'd like to see Asante and Clements both given a chance personally in this year's squad. Bolarinwa is a good impact substitute and may complement our two wide players. I'd at most get one striker, one defender, have another look at the loan players when they come back (if they do) and offload anyone who's not going to play a part for the rest of the season.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
jonnyboy82
December 5, 2017, 10:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Osborne and asante back hopefully will boost us and maybe a very good signing to improve us.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
golfer
December 5, 2017, 10:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
I think your post sums up what most people will be thinking Rob.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
Swansea_Mariner
December 5, 2017, 11:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,386
Gold Stars: 62
As little change as possible for me, we've had far to much of a merry go round approach for the last 18 months, work with the existing group and maybe offload a couple of the fringe players.

Get the three other young lads out on loan to, hopefully a Conference side would take Clifton for 3 months?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
lew chaterleys lover
December 5, 2017, 11:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from GrimRob
The transfer windowis is just 4 weeks away. The chances are we will be a few points off the play-offs when it starts, possibly even in a play off spot who knows! But who should we sign? The last two games have seen hopefully the basis of the team that should play the rest of the season, Osborne J could play a big part as well potentially. A striker is an obvious position where we are lacking. The back 4 have been solid, but do we have the strength in depth? What about the players currently on loan, should they be released or taken on? I think we could do a lot worse than just "re-sign" them. I'd like to see Asante and Clements both given a chance personally in this year's squad. Bolarinwa is a good impact substitute and may complement our two wide players. I'd at most get one striker, one defender, have another look at the loan players when they come back (if they do) and offload anyone who's not going to play a part for the rest of the season.

To me it is vital that the board sanction a key, marquee esque signing. One that Slade would give his right arm for. Somebody who would excite the fans and give us fresh impetus.

We have enough bodies, and it is unlikely we will offload many of them, so just the one major signing is what I would like.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
ginnywings
December 5, 2017, 11:21am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
I have a feeling he will offload a few and bring in 3 or 4 players, hopefully ones that will significantly improve us. Just a hunch, i have no info.

We are an ok side but i don't think we are quite good enough yet to challenge the top end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
Gaffer58
December 5, 2017, 11:27am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,035
Gold Stars: 31
Honestly think we will struggle to move any of the mainstand seat warmers on, at best they will only be interest from conference clubs, can't see any division 2 clubs wanting anybody that in theory cannot make our starting squad. Hence very little room in money/ numbers to bring anybody in. Also anybody available in January will not be in a current team so not match fit etc.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
Garth
December 5, 2017, 11:31am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Left back and a goalscorer please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
Jarmo.Is.God
December 5, 2017, 11:34am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Let Bolly go, he isn't good enough if we have ambitions of the play-offs.

Cardwell & Vernon can move on, As again, not benefitting us in any way.

Asante has played 9 games for Solihull and scored 0, why do people think he will make us any better?

We need another Full back, as we know dixon is not good enough, and Davies is 36? and will need resting, and the only other option is Mills.

The only striker good enough is Jones, and Matt has shown in his past 2 games he could play a part for us still, the rest of the strikers are not great...

So IMO, we need a full back and a goalscorer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
Les Brechin
December 5, 2017, 11:36am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
I have a funny feeling that Asante maybe included in future "players biggest letdown" threads.

Hope he comes back and proves me wrong though.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.