Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts Co + Luton Away tickets.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 334 Guests

Notts Co + Luton Away tickets.

This thread currently has 4,882 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
December 2, 2017, 7:56pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Unless I’m misinterpreting what is shown on the OS Les, it states for the Luton game…

PLEASE NOTE THIS FIXTURE IS AN ALL TICKET FIXTURE - NO TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED ON THE DAY

Maybe there’ll be a change of heart but it would look like for now you will have to get your ticket in advance  

I do apologise. I didn't scroll down to see that bit, I just read the Notts County part.

In that case, I agree with Gy In Scuntland.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
FishOutOfWater
December 2, 2017, 8:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Les Brechin

I do apologise. I didn't scroll down to see that bit, I just read the Notts County part.

In that case, I agree with Gy In Scuntland.  

It's a pain if true about Luton because I'm planning to be down that way the weekend before Christmas

It would have fitted in perfectly with my plans if I could have bought on the day, because there's no certainty I can go

So do I get a ticket in advance on the off chance I can get there but if I can't I've wasted my up-front money?

Or do I chance it on the day and if I can't get it with the Town fans, I go in with the Luton supporters?

I did that years ago and didn't enjoy the experience.... although I enjoyed the result. We won 4-1  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 29
Les Brechin
December 2, 2017, 9:14pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174

It's a pain if true about Luton because I'm planning to be down that way the weekend before Christmas

It would have fitted in perfectly with my plans if I could have bought on the day, because there's no certainty I can go

So do I get a ticket in advance on the off chance I can get there but if I can't I've wasted my up-front money?

Or do I chance it on the day and if I can't get it with the Town fans, I go in with the Luton supporters?

I did that years ago and didn't enjoy the experience.... although I enjoyed the result. We won 4-1  

Was that when we playing in yellow and Grovesie scored a hat-trick?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
Mariner16
December 2, 2017, 9:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Going to Luton then down to London for the World Darts at the Alexandra Palace. Think some tickets are left dor the evening session which should include Phil Taylor and van Barneveld
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
FishOutOfWater
December 2, 2017, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

Was that when we playing in yellow and Grovesie scored a hat-trick?

That's the one Les

I lived in MK back then and borrowed a season ticket from a disaffected Luton fan who couldn't be bothered going.... he made a good choice

It was at the time when Luton weren't allowing away fans in their ground ( or only if they were part of some official scheme maybe?) but I was in their home end, loving us scoring for fun and totally outplaying them, but not able to take part in celebrating our win

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 29
KingstonMariner
December 6, 2017, 11:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

That's the one Les

I lived in MK back then and borrowed a season ticket from a disaffected Luton fan who couldn't be bothered going.... he made a good choice

It was at the time when Luton weren't allowing away fans in their ground ( or only if they were part of some official scheme maybe?) but I was in their home end, loving us scoring for fun and totally outplaying them, but not able to take part in celebrating our win

Just catching up with old stuff Foow. No to the bit in bold. That scheme had needed by then (1992). I went and just turned up on the day - had a bit of a runaround getting in, directed to the away end to be told it was ticket only, back to the home end to get a ticket from a big portakabin then back down that alleyway past all the Lutoners.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
FishOutOfWater
December 7, 2017, 12:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Just catching up with old stuff Foow. No to the bit in bold. That scheme had needed by then (1992). I went and just turned up on the day - had a bit of a runaround getting in, directed to the away end to be told it was ticket only, back to the home end to get a ticket from a big portakabin then back down that alleyway past all the Lutoners.

You’re not wrong KM!

Just checked it out and their away fans ban ran from ‘86 until ‘91 so there must have been a fair few Town there in ‘92

I definitely used my work colleague’s season ticket to go to the game that day though. Looking back now I really don’t know why as I’d rather have paid and been with fellow Mariners to celebrate. My memory’s obviously starting to go  

I distinctly remember the atmosphere in their home end that afternoon wasn’t pleasant at all. I recall Chris Kamara being baited by their fans and he turned back on them…neither he nor the fans saw eye to eye that afternoon. Quite amusing really for a bystander in their end like I was

Far better than the previous game I saw Town at there……we got absolutely thrashed 6-0 and got drenched too on their open terrace. The ups and downs of following Town eh?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 29
Mariner93er
December 8, 2017, 8:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
I wonder how many we'll see for these games. It'll be good to see a high turnout at Notts considering it's one of our nearer away games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
Mariner Timsky
December 10, 2017, 10:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Anyone buying tickets for Notts away after the FGR game get an update of how many have been sold so far??

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
LH
December 10, 2017, 10:24pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Anyone buying tickets for Notts away after the FGR game get an update of how many have been sold so far??

Over 700 according to Twitter.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts Co + Luton Away tickets.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.