This thread currently has 24,079 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
November 21, 2017, 10:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Excellent game, Town worked their socks off, and gave us a great game.  Credit where it is due, I thoroughly enjoyed that game, thats what you pay your money for ................

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 152
golfer
November 21, 2017, 10:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Fat Cobra
What’s this warm sensation in my undies that I haven’t felt for months

Back or front ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 152
HertsGTFC
November 21, 2017, 10:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Abdul19
Had to rely on my phone buzzing in the second half - that false 3-3 nearly sent me over the edge! A topsy turvy win the type of which we've not seen for a while - must've shown real character that second half. Get in! Hopefully not just a flash in the pan and we can back it up on Saturday

And just for you, Rodders  

2nd goal: [tweet]933081294942228481[/tweet]

3rd goal: [tweet]933085331485876228[/tweet]

Thanks for sharing Abdul

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 152
sydney
November 22, 2017, 12:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
How about a period of positivity about all things GTFC between now and 5pm Sat?
Thats the very least that performance tonight deserves
U never know what a difference that may make to any or all who read the fishy
👍👍
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 152
Garth
November 22, 2017, 6:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Better selection, better passing, better composure = better result. Well done Town👏👏👏

Agreed, I thought the ref gave us nothing in 50/50 tackles which frustrated the hell out of me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 152
mike_d
November 22, 2017, 9:31am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +383
Gold Stars: 4
The romantic in me wants to think that was our Alex Ferguson FA cup moment. The realist isn't so sure.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 152
1mickylyons
November 22, 2017, 9:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from mike_d
The romantic in me wants to think that was our Alex Ferguson FA cup moment. The realist isn't so sure.

This is a very poor league and it was the same last Season only Donny have really given us a hammering at home since we came up the rest when we have lost have largely scraped a victory or been handed it via a mistake.We could easily make the play offs we could slightly less easily get relegated it`s that kind of league in my opinion? I have no idea what to expect game to game but if I see the effort and end product like last night I am sure most people including myself will be far happier and will get behind the Team/Manager despite any misgivings.For a small crowd the players got backing from all quarters last night and you could see the delight from all concerned at the final whistle but more importantly at half time when 1-2 down standing ovation.I never heard anyone boo Vernon either and if they did I am disgusted and his late cameo was good enough for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 152
zorro_is_a_Mariner
November 22, 2017, 9:51am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Quoted from 1mickylyons

This is a very poor league and it was the same last Season only Donny have really given us a hammering at home since we came up the rest when we have lost have largely scraped a victory or been handed it via a mistake.We could easily make the play offs we could slightly less easily get relegated it`s that kind of league in my opinion? I have no idea what to expect game to game but if I see the effort and end product like last night I am sure most people including myself will be far happier and will get behind the Team/Manager despite any misgivings.For a small crowd the players got backing from all quarters last night and you could see the delight from all concerned at the final whistle but more importantly at half time when 1-2 down standing ovation.I never heard anyone boo Vernon either and if they did I am disgusted and his late cameo was good enough for me.

I heard people booing from the ponny and people couldn't make there mind up if they wanted slade in or out last night. Great game I thought and a welcome win against a team in the playoffs

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 152
1mickylyons
November 22, 2017, 10:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner

I heard people booing from the ponny and people couldn't make there mind up if they wanted slade in or out last night. Great game I thought and a welcome win against a team in the playoffs

I was in the Main at the Osmond end and all the fans at that part of the ground got behind the team from the off probably because of how we started the game.Slade and Wilko both animated most of the game you could clearly see how much the win meant to them I just hope they both analyse the performance and decide to give the system and style a run of games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 152
zorro_is_a_Mariner
November 22, 2017, 10:07am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I was in the Main at the Osmond end and all the fans at that part of the ground got behind the team from the off probably because of how we started the game.Slade and Wilko both animated most of the game you could clearly see how much the win meant to them I just hope they both analyse the performance and decide to give the system and style a run of games.

We had more pace in the team and it caused them problems there second goal was a freak it could of easily finished 6-3 to us. Great game

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 152
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Swindon match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.