Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Surely............
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 111 Guests

Surely............

This thread currently has 4,248 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
November 21, 2017, 3:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
if we don't get a positive result tonight with dare I say goals scored in our favour, then Slade must get the sack.  Enough is enough surely.  I have never known Town fans so down beat with the club as they are at this current time.  The home games this season, and most of the away games have been nothing short of dreadful.  The Board are very brave if they are going to stick with Slade, and I can also see the Fans Forum being a PR disaster for the club.  Sadly for Slade he is a dead man walking, it is only a matter of time before he gets yet another P45.  It really is time that Slade packed football management in, 20 seasons and not one promotion tells you all you need to know about his CV.

Would love to think we head to Barnet on Saturday with a care taker manager in position and reassess the whole situation YET AGAIN.....................

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
November 21, 2017, 3:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,068
Gold Stars: 116
Don't call me Shirley.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
MuddyWaters
November 21, 2017, 3:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.61
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,177
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
if we don't get a positive result tonight with dare I say goals scored in our favour, then Slade must get the sack.  Enough is enough surely.  I have never known Town fans so down beat with the club as they are at this current time.  The home games this season, and most of the away games have been nothing short of dreadful.  The Board are very brave if they are going to stick with Slade, and I can also see the Fans Forum being a PR disaster for the club.  Sadly for Slade he is a dead man walking, it is only a matter of time before he gets yet another P45.  It really is time that Slade packed football management in, 20 seasons and not one promotion tells you all you need to know about his CV.

Would love to think we head to Barnet on Saturday with a care taker manager in position and reassess the whole situation YET AGAIN.....................

UTM

Don't you know that 'the tide of footballing fortune' is about to turn?  
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 21, 2017, 3:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Sadly for Slade he is a dead man walking, it is only a matter of time before he gets yet another P45.  It really is time that Slade packed football management in, 20 seasons and not one promotion tells you all you need to know about his CV.

UTM

If we won 6-0 there would still be people coming out with stuff like this. Slade is just an employee. The boss is the one with the money and the power and where the buck stops. Caretaker, replacement, new players, merry-go-round .......... the answer lies in the board room not the boot room. Adjust your aim.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
jonnyboy82
November 21, 2017, 3:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
If we draw or lose tonight I want him sacked by 11pm .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
cannylad68
November 21, 2017, 4:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
What if we win?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
MarinersOnTheUp
November 21, 2017, 4:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Like I keep saying, if slade goes so does fenty and yes, they both need to go.

Fenty put our club in danger bribing slade back, for the sake of giving his mate a job after he was sacked by Coventry.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/nepotism

Quoted from cannylad68
What if we win?

Makes no difference. We’re a mess on and off the pitch.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Grantley
November 21, 2017, 4:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Tbf, Swindon have won 7 out of their 9 away games. Possibly the worst opponents to decide Slade’s fate on here.  

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
LeeVanCleef
November 21, 2017, 4:49pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +180
I would find it hard to believe the club would agree to do a fans forum at the end of the month if there was even the remotest possibility that we would be managerless.

For that reason, I suspect regardless of the next two results, Slade will still be with us come 28th.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
GrimRob
November 21, 2017, 4:52pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from jonnyboy82
If we draw or lose tonight I want him sacked by 11pm .

Isn't in the tradition to get sacked in the morning?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Surely............

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.