Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Am I the only one ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 310 Guests

Am I the only one ?

This thread currently has 3,086 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
November 20, 2017, 3:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,311
Gold Stars: 62
That's finding all this mr fenty bashing a little tedious. Think we all need to take a chill pill and wait to see what is in the offering, something big in my opinion is about to break cause there is not a cat and hells chance the chap is going to sit in front of all our snarling faces if there was not something to counter it with. I await the red crosses
Logged Offline
Private Message
friskneymariner
November 20, 2017, 3:13pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Thing is been waitin for over 10 years.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
RoboCod
November 20, 2017, 3:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Fenty bashing? I'm still reeling over last weeks embarrassing, desperate and amateurish post by the guy. I've bumped along for the last 10+ years with the club being dragged along by him and sometimes been critical and sometimes appreciative of his efforts but that post was too much.
Other people looking in on this forum more than likely think we've been duped by a troll, wondering how we could fall for a post supposedly made by a grown up and succesful businessman, or possibly waiting for Spoony to claim he's pranked us.

Whether a 'big thing ' is on the way or not he's acted like an idiot.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
KingstonMariner
November 20, 2017, 3:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I don't recall there being any big items of news broken at any of the previous Fans' Forums COP, so it'd be a first. Forgive me if I don't wait.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
sackthemascot
November 20, 2017, 3:39pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -19
I'm expecting some new stadium news to paper over the cracks.

Absolutely nothing to do with former legend of the Fishy, Sacktheboard  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
jock dock tower
November 20, 2017, 3:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Am old enough to remember, witth affection, Paddy Hamilton at the helm of the club. He was in charge at our previous darkest hour when we had to apply for re-election to the Football League (this was long before automatic relegation to the Conference)

He bought in dynamic new blood as a manager, Lawrie McMenemy and the rest is history. Exciting football, large crowds, the whole community getting involved with the club, skippers sending in telegrams before big games wishing the club good luck, factory tours and going "down dock" at 6am to meet all those engaged in the fish markets bought a real sense of belonging for the club.

I'm not dewy eyed to believe anything like that could happen again but in terms of engagement with Joe Public it's chalk and cheese, unfortunately.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
cannylad68
November 20, 2017, 4:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Good days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
Abdul19
November 20, 2017, 4:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
I think he's going to sit in front of snarling faces and throw out guff like " in it together" and football-guff like "we go again".

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
November 20, 2017, 6:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from Abdul19
I think he's going to sit in front of snarling faces and throw out guff like " in it together" and football-guff like "we go again".

I'm sure they're 'working hard on the training ground' though, they're 'a good set of lads' and we need to 'kickstart our season'.
Reply: 8 - 13
Marinerz93
November 20, 2017, 6:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Abdul19

He's already stated he is game to 10 rounds with anyone and give as good as he gets.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Am I the only one ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.