GrimRob
November 20, 2017, 12:58pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
The QOTW is a Slade In/Out poll in case you haven't seen it

https://thefishy.co.uk/home.php

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
ginnywings
November 20, 2017, 1:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
You don't normally advertise the question of the week on the main page Rob.

Burning issue.

Don't think he is going anywhere just yet myself.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
lew chaterleys lover
November 20, 2017, 1:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from GrimRob
The QOTW is a Slade In/Out poll in case you haven't seen it

https://thefishy.co.uk/home.php

I am surprised in the match write up on the same page you are advocating Slade to be sacked. We need root and branch reform from top to bottom (especially the top) to have any hope of improving. Slade may well be heading for the sack, but unless we get a new regime in charge we will continue to stagnate.

You normally advocate stability in the management set up; up to 2 weeks ago we were on a long unbeaten run although drawing too many and we are in every game. Bignot clearly needed replacing asap, but I think Slade deserves the season unless things turn horrendous.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Zmariner
November 20, 2017, 1:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
In , next 4 games 2 wins minimum to stay there utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
scrumble
November 20, 2017, 2:08pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
; up to 2 weeks ago we were on a long unbeaten run although drawing too many and we are in every game. Bignot clearly needed replacing asap, but I think Slade deserves the season unless things turn horrendous.

I seem to remember Woods giving us I've of our longest unbeaten runs, they just happened to all be draws, and we all know how that season ended.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
GrimRob
November 20, 2017, 2:08pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113

I am surprised in the match write up on the same page you are advocating Slade to be sacked. We need root and branch reform from top to bottom (especially the top) to have any hope of improving. Slade may well be heading for the sack, but unless we get a new regime in charge we will continue to stagnate.

You normally advocate stability in the management set up; up to 2 weeks ago we were on a long unbeaten run although drawing too many and we are in every game. Bignot clearly needed replacing asap, but I think Slade deserves the season unless things turn horrendous.

Yes as a general rule I think managers should be given more chance than many on here but I just don't see any hope with him in charge. I could accept the league position, which is far from terrible, if there were a young, blossoming squad with at least moderate promise and I'd give Slade a chance. But Dembele aside, I don't see it, and most of the best players he inherited. We need a manager on the way up, not a tired warhorse looking for one final payday.

As for the board change, if it happens, it happens. If someone wants to come in with more money than the current regime, then great. I'll vote for it at the AGM if they offer money and stability at least equivalent to what we have now. I don't see why the current regime excludes success since we enjoyed it relatively recently.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 17
scrumble
November 20, 2017, 2:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
; up to 2 weeks ago we were on a long unbeaten run although drawing too many and we are in every game. Bignot clearly needed replacing asap, but I think Slade deserves the season unless things turn horrendous.

I seem to remember Woods giving us one of our longest unbeaten runs, they just happened to all be draws, and we all know how that season ended.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
Mariner Ronnie
November 20, 2017, 2:37pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
If there’s no improvement on Tuesday, I think it’ll be good night nurse. I don’t like to see people sacked as I’ve been on the dole before and it’s not very pleasant 🙄

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
monkeyboy
November 20, 2017, 2:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
If there’s no improvement on Tuesday, I think it’ll be good night nurse. I don’t like to see people sacked as I’ve been on the dole before and it’s not very pleasant 🙄

Should imagine he wouldnt need to sign on now if he became unemplyed. must have had some good payouts from previous sackings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
monkeyboy
November 20, 2017, 2:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Should imagine he wouldnt need to sign on now if he became unemplyed. must have had some good payouts from previous sackings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade in/out poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.