Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Excuse my ignorance but.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 307 Guests

Excuse my ignorance but.....

This thread currently has 6,927 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
wiggers
November 19, 2017, 7:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +460
Gold Stars: 11
Can my fellow fishy posters explain to me how the GTFC board are elected and who exactly is on it? I never see any other GTFC board member commenting on any GTFC topic other than Fenty. Admittedly I only get my Town info from the Fishy and the Grimsby Telegraph....Thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
crusty ole pie
November 19, 2017, 7:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,311
Gold Stars: 62
Mr. F is the spokesman for the board no one else is allowed to go public
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
HertsGTFC
November 19, 2017, 7:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,657
Gold Stars: 217
I think you have to be nominated by the existing board and voted on, which if correct explains it all really.

Would be interesting to know how much they have put into the club on an individual basis, I suspect in football terms very little.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
grimsby pete
November 19, 2017, 7:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Mr. F is the spokesman for the board no one else is allowed to go public

Apart from Wraith who was told he could  comment on us bullies;

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
ginnywings
November 19, 2017, 7:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Fenty

Chapman

Day

Marley

Trust bloke.

No idea how they get elected.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2017, 7:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,884
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from grimsby pete

Apart from Wraith who was told he could  comment on us bullies;

For a start, Steve Wraith isn't on the board. The other directors are Philip Day (retired solicitor), Stephen Marley (retired accountant), Jon Wood (Trust Director) and Michael Chapman (not very successful racehorse trainer).
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
TheRealJohnLewis
November 19, 2017, 7:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I think you have to be nominated by the existing board and voted on, which if correct explains it all really.

Would be interesting to know how much they have put into the club on an individual basis, I suspect in football terms very little.

Chapman - £500 shares
Day - £2500 shares
Marley - £2000 shares
Wood - £500 shares
Fenty - £975,000 shares

I assume the £2mil director's loans are all to JF and not any of the other board members.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
HertsGTFC
November 19, 2017, 8:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,657
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from ginnywings
Fenty

Chapman

Day

Marley

Trust bloke.

No idea how they get elected.

Same, but I would assume one is a lawyer the other an accountant and maybe the last one in construction or similar?

John has found a really good way of saving money on professional fees there I think, and on the back of this Ian Flemming is called the chief executive? but as he has no seat on the board isn't even part of the exec. WTF does he actually do?

Not corrupt at all by any means, but where he governance of the club is concerned as it's a closed shop for the boys in real terms it could be termed morally bankrupt.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
ginnywings
November 19, 2017, 8:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Fleming has been around forever. Way before the others and i think he is beyond reproach and a true club man.

The others are not there for their financial input, that's for sure. A Racehorse trainer with £500 of shares is not adding a lot that i can tell. When you look at how much they all have invested into the club in shares, it's a paltry and insulting sum given their privileged position at the club. Looks like a cushy gentlemans club and a throwback to the days when football boards were local bigwigs who lorded it over the peasantry.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2017, 8:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,884
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ginnywings
Fleming has been around forever. Way before the others and i think he is beyond reproach and a true club man.

The others are not there for their financial input, that's for sure. A Racehorse trainer with £500 of shares is not adding a lot that i can tell. When you look at how much they all have invested into the club in shares, it's a paltry and insulting sum given their privileged position at the club. Looks like a cushy gentlemans club and a throwback to the days when football boards were local bigwigs who lorded it over the peasantry.  

Can't speak for Mr Wood but the rest look like 'yes'men to me.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Excuse my ignorance but.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.