This thread currently has 6,681 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
November 19, 2017, 10:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
To be honest I am old enough/daft enough to go to matches when I like and would not even try to influence anybody else to go or not to go.

Nobody bullies anyone it's entirely up to the individuel. Do I like the way things are going on and off field? No.

Will I abandon my club,no chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
1mickylyons
November 20, 2017, 8:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
As a fan the players need our support whether they actually deserve it or not is another matter but it`s the Manager I have a problem supporting. When I look at our squad it isn`t great but it isn`t the worst FFS Slade take the shackles off at home and if we lose 2-3 at least people will come out the ground saying we had a right go.That`s what Grimsby teams do at home and have done for years had a go win,lose or draw and by and large the fans will back that.This mind numbing stale defensive hoofball isn`t working so please try something else or even better leave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
Cloudy
November 20, 2017, 9:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

Incidentally, on Saturday there were half hearted "Fenty out" chants in the Pontoon - did Fenty get any stick from the upper Smiths?

Its was eerily quiet throughout on Saturday up there. There were a few comments directed at him by 2 or 3 on their way out but wasnt close enough to hear what was said
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
oldun
November 20, 2017, 3:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I am not interested in a boycott which will only damage our club. I know JF is the main man and the buck stops there but what has he done in relation to our current run of bad form and poor results. If you want to ditch him what is he accused of. By the way I don't have any connections with him any strong views either way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
KingstonMariner
November 20, 2017, 3:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Not sure that a boycott of League games is the right thing at the moment. The club will suffer loss of revenue (from non-S/T holders). Admittedly it's probably going down anyway, and I see the point about making one big gesture before it's too late.

But what would be the aim of such a boycott? Change the manager? Change the tactics? Change the team? Change the (non)chairman? In truth any combination of those as different people will have different reasons.*

I think the aim will only be misconstrued (either wilfully or not).

Also will the people who do attend be disagreeing with the aims of the boycott or lack sympathy for it? No.

* personally speaking any change of manager/team selection/tactics will only paper over the cracks

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
jonnyboy82
November 20, 2017, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
There's a match Tuesday?

Poor buggers.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boycotting a league game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.