5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner tommy
November 18, 2017, 11:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
I’ve been a sth for years, I’ve supported town through thick and thin.
I go because I choose to and I always will.
I’m not happy with the way things are going either, nor was I in lots of other seasons when things haven’t gone well.
But I renew my season ticket every year because I choose to knowing that things will happen that I don’t like or agree with.
But if you want to boycott a game then do it, but I will never condone, support or agree with such a ridiculous suggestion as boycotting a game.
I go because I choose to and accept to ups and downs equally
UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
moosey_club
November 18, 2017, 11:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Ok....lets run with the idea.....people listen to your call ....we drop below 3000.....maybe 2000 .......that means we lose money....who subsidises debt ? JF with more loans....  self defeating.
Unless there is a plan B fully ready to initiate then why try and force Fenty out ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
TAGG
November 18, 2017, 11:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Carry on the way we are there will be a sub 3000 crowd sooner rather than later.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
November 18, 2017, 11:30pm
Guest User
Got my season ticket, paid my way, can't handle any more of that so I'll be at home Tuesday. At least my cash is already in, don't feel too bad as I generally buy a pint at half time, but not on working days as I'm driving.
Reply: 13 - 45
wiggers
November 19, 2017, 5:44am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +460
Gold Stars: 11
I’ve been a regular at BP for 30 years, I won’t be going to anymore games for the foreseeable future. It’s dire, I’m not enjoying it and don’t want Slade in charge of the club I love, it’s the only way I feel I can get my point across other than moaning on here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
chaos33
November 19, 2017, 12:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I think the attendance on Tuesday night will be 3000 at a push. This won't be people boycotting per se, it'll be folk who just can't bring themselves to watch no attacking football and a bunch of average players at best, going through the motions and trying to fluke their way to 0-0.

You don't need a boycott. The football will get the crowd it deserves (and that's being kind).

Myself - I'm really short of time and I've got young kids and not a lot of spare money. There's no way I'm driving 100 miles on Tuesday night to sit and be bored and frustrated to hell watching so called professionals make the same mistakes over and over again.
Until we manage some actual attacking intention I can't really see when I'll be back. I suspect a few will be feeling the same. I can't see any point.

I'll repeat a sentiment I expressed a week or so ago. I've got no time for the dramas, histrionics and spitefulness seen on here recently, but I do think it's a crying shame that the club have totally killed the rekindled enthusiasm and spirit generated by our return to the league. Shame on them.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
headingly_mariner
November 19, 2017, 1:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
It needs a vocal opposition to the board in the ground. Support the team - sack the board.

I imagine the grief will sadly be aimed at the players and the manager, not at the people who have killed the positive momentum that seems a lifetime ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
chaos33
November 19, 2017, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
To be honest, the players and manager have contributed to killing it too. Hurst started that by letting our best promotion assets leave.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
headingly_mariner
November 19, 2017, 1:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from chaos33
To be honest, the players and manager have contributed to killing it too. Hurst started that by letting our best promotion assets leave.

I can't really accuse any of our players of not trying, it's not like when we were relegated before. They try, some are just lacking in quality. For me it comes down to budgets and trying to do everything on the cheap.

The worst thing about all of this for me is the way the club has treated the fans and the embarrasing communications.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
grimsby pete
November 19, 2017, 1:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I would imagine we will have our  lowest league gate of the season on Tuesday without planning a boycott.

Get behind the lads on the pitch its not there fault its the manager who dictates how we play.

You never know we might score a goal and you would hate it if you missed that rare occurrence .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boycotting a league game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.