Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 185 Guests

Relegation

This thread currently has 7,096 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
November 19, 2017, 12:27am
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob
Hartlepool had 22 points after 18 games last season and went down. We have 23. We need a change otherwise we are going back where we came!

Good to see this post Rob, I can see it, I've seen it all season and I've been vocal about it, occasionally on here but mostly on Twitter and Facebook as I still see the Fishy as at least half run by the club since John had the previous version of the fishy closed down and reinvented under the clubs jurisdiction, with club moderators viewing and deleting at BP HQ.

Same mistakes are being made, same outcome IMO and I will not ever forgive another relegation from the football league. I haven't forgiven the last one either, nor the six years in the abyss and the fortunate escape after finishing 4th. Yet never really, genuinely challenging for the non league title.

Just go JF, go and go soon.
Reply: 30 - 45
Kris2
November 19, 2017, 2:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
I think we draw enough games not to be relegated, but its going to be bloody close

Yeah that worked really well for Woods
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
lobsterpot
November 19, 2017, 5:57am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Rob this aint effin Star Wars! Blinded by hatred? I think Sladey's a top bloke but sadly just another yes man. The problem lies deeper than that so lets start with uprooting the weeds 1st. There was no good judgement on Fenty's part whatsoever with Hurst. Either sack him and compensate or keep him on to save yet more money and then got lucky! Let's face it, we fluked our way up. The pen we got at Braintree are never usually given and we were dead and buried and like someone previously stated, we never challenged for the title. We were top at xmas 1 season but mucked that up. On current form WE ARE GOING DOWN FFS and there is going to be nothing that changes the same old muck week in week out so get off your high horse, get out of Fenty's ar$ehole and get with the programme!
FAO of GETYOURFACTSRIGHT, dont be angry with the way the supporters feel. You are 1 of us and would feel exactly the same way if you were not in your position. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the good things you have done for this club but through no fault of your own it just has not worked out how you had planned so please do the right thing. Decisions you think are right at the time have proved to be wrong but we all make mistakes. Chuck us another 5 mill into the pot for someone else to take over, write your losses off, get back in the stands once again to enjoy various emotions and start to enjoy the beautiful game like you used to UTM

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
Madeleymariner
November 19, 2017, 8:17am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Grimbiggs

Its taken you all this time to realise that!

No, I knew this 10 weeks ago see my Slade is cr@p posts since Sept, from the days when saying anything against him led to a barrage of red crossses and insults from the give the team chance to gel, wait till the injured players are back, were only 3/4 points from the playoffs etc. posters I just thought I'd back my argument with facts and figures now he has had a good number of games, although I dont take pleasure in saying I told you so.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
BackHeelTony
November 19, 2017, 9:22am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
Yes relegation is a concern but will sacking the manager really improve things?

Slade's appointment was was not a short term fix, his task was to build a team capable of challenging for promotion and this will take time and therefore require our patience.

I doubt there is another manager out there that can bring immediate success on our budget, whilst playing like Brazil!

I fear changing the manager now will mean relegation will become a real possibility.

For now maybe we should accept this mundane season as a stepping stone to future success.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
TheRealJohnLewis
November 19, 2017, 9:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from BackHeelTony

Slade's appointment was was not a short term fix, his task was to build a team capable of challenging for promotion and this will take time and therefore require our patience.

I doubt there is another manager out there that can bring immediate success on our budget, whilst playing like Brazil!

I fear changing the manager now will mean relegation will become a real possibility.

For now maybe we should accept this mundane season as a stepping stone to future success.

UTM

Woods. 2009/10.  

We are in a relegation battle, the sooner we change the better.

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
headingly_mariner
November 19, 2017, 9:49am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
We aren't in the position we were when we went down. This team are actually quite well organised and are in games. We are just toothless in front of goal.

Bignot had us shipping loads of goals, we don't really do that anymore. The players are clearly trying. The squad needs a couple of players capable of making the difference in a game, one of these must be a striker.

Could we get relegated? Absolutely, a bad run and continuing to blank would throw is into real trouble.
Are we in the same trouble as we were in 2009? Certainly not, the whole thing was a shambles before Woodsy took over and he couldn't turn the tide.

The trouble is with the way the club is run. Time for change in the boardroom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
HertsGTFC
November 19, 2017, 9:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from lobsterpot
Rob this aint effin Star Wars! Blinded by hatred? I think Sladey's a top bloke but sadly just another yes man. The problem lies deeper than that so lets start with uprooting the weeds 1st. There was no good judgement on Fenty's part whatsoever with Hurst. Either sack him and compensate or keep him on to save yet more money and then got lucky! Let's face it, we fluked our way up. The pen we got at Braintree are never usually given and we were dead and buried and like someone previously stated, we never challenged for the title. We were top at xmas 1 season but mucked that up. On current form WE ARE GOING DOWN FFS and there is going to be nothing that changes the same old muck week in week out so get off your high horse, get out of Fenty's ar$ehole and get with the programme!
FAO of GETYOURFACTSRIGHT, dont be angry with the way the supporters feel. You are 1 of us and would feel exactly the same way if you were not in your position. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the good things you have done for this club but through no fault of your own it just has not worked out how you had planned so please do the right thing. Decisions you think are right at the time have proved to be wrong but we all make mistakes. Chuck us another 5 mill into the pot for someone else to take over, write your losses off, get back in the stands once again to enjoy various emotions and start to enjoy the beautiful game like you used to UTM

Or at least the £200K you took back, that would do nicely to get in someone who could put the ball into the back of the sodding net.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 19, 2017, 10:09am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,514
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from headingly_mariner
We aren't in the position we were when we went down. This team are actually quite well organised and are in games. We are just toothless in front of goal.

Bignot had us shipping loads of goals, we don't really do that anymore. The players are clearly trying. The squad needs a couple of players capable of making the difference in a game, one of these must be a striker.

Could we get relegated? Absolutely, a bad run and continuing to blank would throw is into real trouble.
Are we in the same trouble as we were in 2009? Certainly not, the whole thing was a shambles before Woodsy took over and he couldn't turn the tide.

The trouble is with the way the club is run. Time for change in the boardroom.

We also scored goalsunder Bignot with 3 scored at Plymouth, Carlisle, Blackpool and Orient. Two of those promoted and Carlisle were I believe top, or close to, when we won there. Accept we scored same number at Chesterfield & Cheltenham but lets be honest this is not looking like something we will do regularly. Our two central midfield players held the same positions for York when they went down and worryingly they have been two of our better players.

If you do not score goals you do not win matches. If we were missing five or six chances every game you would think matters may change but creating one or two meand our conversion rate has to be very high and with Vernon as one of our strikers this just will not happen.

Just cannot see where the improvements will come from unless McAlister and Osbourne return and give us a different dimension from midfield, this is based more on hope then expectation as McAllisters historic injury problems at all his clubs make the chances of a long run of appearances pretty slim.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
dapperz fun pub
November 19, 2017, 10:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from BackHeelTony

UTM

If we don’t change the manager relegation is a real possibility
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.