arryarryarry
November 19, 2017, 5:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from forza ivano

Oh go on then, I do like a nice juicy rumour!

Well, you did ask.

I heard yesterday that RS had two games to turn it round or he could be gone. So one down and it's not looking good.

However, don't shoot the messenger.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 83
arryarryarry
November 19, 2017, 6:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Hagrid
Looks like it was rose's man too me and he let him go. Watch the highlights

Seen the highlights and when they scored we had 4 players in the six yard box excluding McKeown and they had 1 player.

So if Collins wasn't trying to defend the cross, what the frig was he supposed to be doing?
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 83
grimps
November 19, 2017, 6:29am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from londonmariner2
I personally didnt think it was that bad today. A fairly even game with chances which could have gone either way.
Utm

This is the problem !
I said recently that Woods team that neverr won for 20 odd games often outplayed the other team but never won, crap teams can play well and lose alot , good teams can play bad and win.
Under Hurst we often played what I would say wasnt very exciting and was often what I thought was lucky to win , maybe thats the difference ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 83
Mrs Doyle
November 19, 2017, 6:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Once a manager loses the fans his days are numbered.

Slade must be use to it by now after Coventry fans had to endure much of the same. he's on his way down like a lot of our defence.

We are screaming out for a striker who can score goals.

Having to shore up the defence at set pieces shows how bad thing are and how much faith Slade as in our defenders.

Opposing teams must think its their birthday all their defenders parked on the edge of the area no pressure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 83
TheRealJohnLewis
November 19, 2017, 9:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Cambs Mariner
Because he has already stated to the public that the loans are benign and that he would never put the club in financial difficulty by taking said loans out of the club, they are something he can never take without a legal battle. Unless of course the next owner of GTFC agrees to pay him all of the money owed or both parties agree a settlement fee.

There are NO such things as a benign loan.  IT'S A CLUCKING LOAN! There is no agreement in place as to when the loans will be paid back which is the most worrying aspect as he could start to recall at any point. There would be no legal battle, nothing. Just because Fenty say's he won't recall his loans doesn't mean he can't.

Even though the club made a profit last year the accounts are still negative, so by taking £200K, he's increasing the chance of putting the club in financial difficulties.

Private Message
Reply: 54 - 83
November 19, 2017, 9:44am
Guest User
Look I've seen a lot worse, from Bobby Kennedy (he did bring Matt Tees back though), Tom Casey, Bobby Roberts, Alan Buckley's first two months (probably a hangover from the previous dreadful season), Lennie Lawrence's last two months in charge, Nicky Law (dreadful), Mike Neul and Neil Woods.
John Fenty is a fan, a big one at that and he's put his money in. Why hasn't someone come forward to take over the club then?
John Fenty in terms of league success is the least successful Chairman/director in our history. Great fans do not make great chairman.
50/50 split over Slade coming back with the fans, now probably 85/15 in favour of wanting him gone. I'm in the 85%.
There was a feeling that Wilko was a reasonable appointment but mmmmm.
Support your Team, not the manager or chairman, unless they are doing well.
I remember standing in the boys stand paying my 2s3d entry my pocket money was 1/2 Crown, standing in the snow in November watching Bradford Park Avenue play Town. Now that was a bad match.
Reply: 55 - 83
KingstonMariner
November 19, 2017, 10:41am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
In answer to your question thedonusthedon, does his behaviour look like that of someone who you’d want to work with or who can work with partners? He shows absolute disdain for his major stakeholders.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 83
Marinerz93
November 19, 2017, 10:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

There are NO such things as a benign loan.  IT'S A CLUCKING LOAN! There is no agreement in place as to when the loans will be paid back which is the most worrying aspect as he could start to recall at any point. There would be no legal battle, nothing. Just because Fenty say's he won't recall his loans doesn't mean he can't.

Even though the club made a profit last year the accounts are still negative, so by taking £200K, he's increasing the chance of putting the club in financial difficulties.

Under the Parkers shares fiasco with MP being a multimillionaire do you think after Parker would have been forced to buy all Fenty's shares under article 9 that Fenty would have wanted his loans paying in full.

That would sort of explain why he off loaded £500k worth of shares to the trust and why Fenty put a block on the trust accepting any more shares from Mike Parker.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 83
HertsGTFC
November 19, 2017, 10:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,634
Gold Stars: 217
Didn't go yesterday due to work but my dad said we created more chances then in previous games but the finishing was dreadful.

You have to ask yourself why couldn't Slade bring in a half decent striker? how likely is it that he has the connections to do it in Jan?

Though he got some wrong in general Hurt seemed to have a good scouting network and despite him being a deluded tw@t Bignot has left us with Jones & Osborne. What can RS muster? Feels like it's just failures from clubs where he has also failed.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 83
TheRealJohnLewis
November 19, 2017, 10:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Marinerz93

Under the Parkers shares fiasco with MP being a multimillionaire do you think after Parker would have been forced to buy all Fenty's shares under article 9 that Fenty would have wanted his loans paying in full.

That would sort of explain why he off loaded £500k worth of shares to the trust and why Fenty put a block on the trust accepting any more shares from Mike Parker.

Quite possibly, a bit of damage limitation by MP, so he didn't have to fork out another 3-4 million.  

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.