Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He's got to go NOW !!!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 211 Guests

He's got to go NOW !!!

This thread currently has 11,124 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Garth
November 19, 2017, 11:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
My biggest beef with Slade is his signings, Woolford, Kelly, Hooper, Dixon, Matt are simply awful and bottom of the barrel acquisitions that are either not trying or just not good enough.

It leaves me with no confidence that he will do any better in January with a besieged Non Chairman holding the purse strings, I believe that JF will also have the same thoughts about these players and friend or no friend will be reluctant to trust his manager`s choice in the transfer market with any confidence.

The players out on loan will probably not come back, and unless we can loan a pacy striker, attacking midfielder and left back we are in for a struggle for the rest of the season  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 58
heppy88
November 19, 2017, 12:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
You didn’t need to be an experienced football manager to know half the players he bought in were going to be tosh. We all knew. We read other fans forums. If every single poster is telling you a player is a lazy, fooking journeyman, then guess what? They probably will be!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 58
Quagmire
November 19, 2017, 1:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
The issue for me is that we keep being told to be patient, that it's a rebuilding period etc, when there was absolutely no need for the player turnaround that we had in the summer.

5 or 6 real quality players added to the squad we had could have seen us push for what JF claims would be a promotion push, instead we've brought in over a dozen!

I could understand it if we just scraped away from a relegation spot and he had his hands tied with a sqaud of no-hopers on long term deals but that wasn't the case.

Some talk of Slade needing to get rid of the dead wood - yet he is the one who has brought all of this dead wood in to the club!  We've given 2 year deals to players who are simply not good enough - it was clear how these signings would turn out if you spent a little bit of time on the forums of their previous clubs.

He has to go.

It was a diabolical decision - made by one man - and it should be up to JF to fund his mates pay off rather than saddle the club with more debt.

Adkins for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 58
H19P1
November 19, 2017, 2:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
If he's tied in for a 4 year contract as stated by Golfer then Slade is here to stay. If this is the case then i just pray that they know what they're doing. Every reputable business has a 5 year plan and I'd love to see or hear what GTFC's is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 58
grimsby pete
November 19, 2017, 2:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,778
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from H19P1
If he's tied in for a 4 year contract as stated by Golfer then Slade is here to stay. If this is the case then i just pray that they know what they're doing. Every reputable business has a 5 year plan and I'd love to see or hear what GTFC's is

When Fenty appointed Bignot he stated a 6 month rolling contract was the way to go other clubs would follow suit,

Well if he has given Slade a 3 or 4 year deal then Fenty should pay him off with his own money not the clubs.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 58
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2017, 3:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Instead of reducing the loan debt by 200k, this money should have been used to buy quality as opposed to Hooper, Woolford, Dixon and the rest of the tosh that either hasn't been used or is warming the bench.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
Swansea_Mariner
November 19, 2017, 5:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Instead of reducing the loan debt by 200k, this money should have been used to buy quality as opposed to Hooper, Woolford, Dixon and the rest of the tosh that either hasn't been used or is warming the bench.

I reckon none of those players were on the cheap as they came from league one, particularly Hooper and Dixon as we were pretty desperate at that point to get someone on board.

Speculation of course but I think our wage bill this season will turn out to be much higher than last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 58
HertsGTFC
November 19, 2017, 5:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,879
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Exactly!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 58
newarkmariner
November 19, 2017, 7:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
I've kept silent on this subject up till now, preferring to give Slade time , however time is now up ,its getting to the point were I dread the drive to Gy but do so in the hope that you will see what everyone else can clearly see ,but no, you insist one curbing any talent and playing donkeys who play lets see who can kick the ball the furthest, I missed the Colchester game because I was on holiday so that means I haven't seen a goal scored by us at home since 16th sept(f@cking 2 months ago)Go forth and multiply Mr Slade, you are killing my club ggrrrrrrrrr
p.s
JF grow some balls and sort this mess out or do the right thing and take a very long walk off Cleethorpes pier
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He's got to go NOW !!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.