Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He's got to go NOW !!!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 160 Guests

He's got to go NOW !!!

This thread currently has 11,070 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
November 18, 2017, 8:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
We are stuck in a rut. The past two appointments have openly been on six month rolling contracts but apparently the salary of the bald man in a cap is irrelevant. Either he is on a week to week contract that we do not wish to disclose or as we all now suspect, he is on at least a 3 year contract.

The only way this club can progress is to build a team that consists largely of saleable assets. Exeter do this well and Scunthorpe established themselves in League One/Championship doing just that. Ultimately we need more players like Osborne, Jones, Dembele and DJ opposed to people like Matt, Clarke and Woolford.

Every team needs a little bit of experience but the majority of our squad is just here to pick up a wage and will probably drift out of the league after their current deal ends.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 58
Croxton
November 18, 2017, 8:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
DJ has signed an extension at Norwich. Mills has potential as do Wright , Cardwell, Clifton , Akeem Rose and Kilip. Put Wilko in temporary charge, pay off 5/6 useless and fringe players and sign a proven scorer. NEVER start Hooper or Vernon together again. Send Matt back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 58
TownSNAFU5
November 18, 2017, 9:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
I trust that nobody will bully other fans not to go on Tuesday.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 58
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2017, 9:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,630
Gold Stars: 217
"Where did it all go wrong Mr Best"? 18 months ago the future looked bright  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 58
quebec38
November 18, 2017, 9:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,549
Gold Stars: 44
Quite unlike me to want a manager gone but I can’t see things changing any time soon (pun not intended).
He just doesn’t get anything right imo.
His team selection usually leaves everyone scratching their head from the off.
Subs when they come are just as confusing. The best player will be the one to depart. The guy you thought would be coming off will complete 90 minutes.
Literally the only ways he can see to influence a game will be to swap the wingers or like for like subs.
Basic coaching is poor. Why do we now have all 11 players in the box to defend corners?
Terrible calls for set piece takers. This is one that drives me mad in particular. As I’m sure we’re all well aware now we struggle for goals, so we really need to capitalise here. Ben Davies has one of the best deliveries in the league and has done for years. He can’t get anywhere near a set piece yet Dixon and Woolford are allowed to continue their dross clipped balls straight on to the head of the first defender.
I will never boo the guy because I can’t see the point but he looks massively out of his depth. Time to go, RS.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 58
chaos33
November 18, 2017, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
30 pro's in the first team squad I'm sure I read. How many of them would you call 'good players' at this level?
Half a dozen maybe ?!? Tops!

Our problems start there and get worse...

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 58
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2017, 9:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,630
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Croxton
DJ has signed an extension at Norwich. Mills has potential as do Wright , Cardwell, Clifton , Akeem Rose and Kilip. Put Wilko in temporary charge, pay off 5/6 useless and fringe players and sign a proven scorer. NEVER start Hooper or Vernon together again. Send Matt back.

First bit on bold - How do you know? None have a league start between them.

Second bit in bold - We can't score clearly having a former top flight striker at the club is not working, why promote him?

Lose some more dead wood, sack tem both, get a new manager and add at least one striker, probably someone who is scoring in non league as anyone else who has any league form would avoid us like the plague.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 58
monkeyboy
November 19, 2017, 12:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from arryarryarry

My understanding from someone that works closely with the club is that Wilko is in charge of the training.

Do you think he selects the team and the tactics? hes brought in a couple of lads that arent bad. just saying that he probably wouldnt use the same tactics etc.
He has after all been in and around the championship now for a number of years so must have picked up a thing or two.

I genuinly think its slades dinosaur tactics thats the problem, intercourse we may be world beaters in training but gash on matchday due to how the manager sets us up.
Players arent getting the chance like Mcallister, tombola, clifton to name a few. mills only got a game today as dixon the donkey was unavailable.
Im sure mcallister is by far the best holding midfielder we have, far and away better than berret, with mcallister and j.osborne in the middle would be usefull.

And how K.osbourne doesnt get a look in is beyond me as he surely cant be any worse than Clarke
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 58
Swansea_Mariner
November 19, 2017, 9:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from monkeyboy

And how K.osbourne doesnt get a look in is beyond me as he surely cant be any worse than Clarke

Is he good enough? I mean look at his career history he has barely played 30 games in 4 seasons and can't seem to force his way into any team apart from a short stint in league 2 with the Dons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 58
rancido
November 19, 2017, 10:07am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,446
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from TAGG

He will have to appoint a manager who can get more out of what we have than Slade does.
We have some flipping dross here but we have some decent players for this level and used in a more positive way would keep us in this league because the way we are going we will be relegated and never come back.

....and most of that dross was brought in by Slade. I can't think of a single player that Slade brought in during the summer that has bettered the squad. Dembele has a lot of potential but isn't the finished article. Woolford, Kelly, Dixon are just not good enough or aren't bothered to put in the effort. Clarke is certainly no better than Pearson and is probably on twice the wage. Mills ( a Hurst signing ) had a good game yesterday but as soon as Dixon is available I bet he is dropped and Davies ( a Slade re-signing) moves back to right back. Slade is well past his sell-by-date and has nothing new to offer the game anymore. His tactics are so defensive and not leaving anybody up front when we are defending a corner or set piece is so negative.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He's got to go NOW !!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.