Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He's got to go NOW !!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 119 Guests

He's got to go NOW !!!

This thread currently has 11,072 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
November 18, 2017, 7:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ginnywings
It's not going to happen is it? JF would not tell us the details of the Slade contract, which suggests it's almost certainly the biggest and longest in our history. How much more would it cost to right yet another wrong and admit another mistake?

Even if he did go, would we get a new appointment right? Even then, we are stuck with yet another batch of crappy journeymen players on 2 year contracts. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Exactly, that's why it the full board that needs sacking.
Complete clean sweep.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 58
friskneymariner
November 18, 2017, 7:33pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
But as long as we all keep turning up match after match  nothing will happen,we all individually have the power.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 58
arryarryarry
November 18, 2017, 7:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from monkeyboy
Slade out yes, not sure what Wilkos done wrong tbh. Fenty can go if he wants, bet he feels like folding the club at times

My understanding from someone that works closely with the club is that Wilko is in charge of the training.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 58
ginnywings
November 18, 2017, 7:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from friskneymariner
But as long as we all keep turning up match after match  nothing will happen,we all individually have the power.

There were not many more than the season ticket holders there today, so the income for the season is now set in stone almost. Doesn't matter if me and the three regulars i attend with go or not, as we are all ST holders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 58
Swansea_Mariner
November 18, 2017, 7:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from ginnywings

There were not many more than the season ticket holders there today, so the income for the season is now set in stone almost. Doesn't matter if me and the three regulars i attend with go or not, as we are all ST holders.

I honestly think it does matter only a sub 3k league gate will start to hit home that the fans are being driven away.

Could we dip below that on Tuesday? The only way out of this is a really hard hitting shock to the system.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 58
Mariner93er
November 18, 2017, 8:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
I was about to post the same. An empty stadium may not impact the club now, but it will send a clear message for the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 58
friskneymariner
November 18, 2017, 8:13pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from ginnywings

If the season ticket holders do not attend it will not impact on finances but send a very clear message about next years season ticket sales.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 58
ginnywings
November 18, 2017, 8:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
It won't hit financially until the end of the season, but it may be too late by then as we could be back in the wilderness. I keep thinking about York and what happened to them. I'm sure they thought they were doing the right things when they got back into the league.

I think the crowd will be well down on Tuesday anyway. My brother reappeared today, first time since Lincoln. He won't be back Tuesday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 58
lukeo
November 18, 2017, 8:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
I can't see us being relegated but I do think people should not go Tuesday as much as I hate to say it. I think we need to give a clear message and for those who are going to take banners etc. We need change. Unless Slade is going to try change the way we play and give DJ more game time and bring Jones back in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 58
Bigdog
November 18, 2017, 8:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Exactly, that's why it the full board that needs sacking.
Complete clean sweep.

Stephen Marley and Philip Day have got professional skills to offer the club if there was a new owner.

I think there are quite a few fixtures in other administrative departments of the club that have been there too long. A broom could be used there to good effect. Too many people too comfortable in their roles and it shows. Whether any of them have the ability to change out of the shadow of JF is a different matter..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › He's got to go NOW !!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.