forza ivano
November 18, 2017, 12:47am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from 75
Must agree, the questions at the forums are not managed. Anyone can put questions to anyone sitting at the table. It is time for change, John has been in charge / Chairman / Majority shareholder for a long time now, and it has been the darkest period in our history. Forget all the nonsense, I've met John once or twice and he has been very approachable and has a sense of humour you don't often see when he is in full 'suit' mode.

For me, it comes down to what happens on the pitch. John has presided over our relegation out of the football league, utterly unthinkable and I can still barely believe we spent so long in the abyss. I can see the same mistakes being made again, a club of our size doesn't get relegated from the entire league unless it is badly run. I haven't seen anything to suggest lessons have been learned, quite the opposite. Our stature as a club has shrunk, we don't seem to do much right on or off the pitch.

Without malice, I do think it's time for a change, time for someone else to have a go.  

I have to say that's a pretty coherent argument. However there's some old sayings which IMHO still ring true - the grass isn't always greener on the other side, better the devil you know and be careful what you wish for. The problem is that jf is a fan probably first and foremost ,and I tend to think he gets all emotional and loses his business touch when it come to gtfc. I'd far rather have an emotionally committed non chairman than what we have at forest, Blackpool, Chester in the old days etc again IMHO my advice to jf would be to try and run things at arms length rather than and try to be the 'supreme leader' . It is sometimes better to let young guns have their day, but to guide and maybe restrain them.  As I get older and come to reliquinish control of the business I've been in charge of for 25 years so I've come round to this way of thinking. Us old uns might not like it but everything changes all the time and the secret of success is to embrace those changes . I suspect jf hasn't accepted all those changes; the shame is when we had the lad doing the social media with Lloyd n the shop we were breaking the mould but the momentum has been lost. Those videos ,perversely, made me feel incredibly proud to be a town fan, which is all testament to that team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.