8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Fishy_fishtails
November 17, 2017, 4:46pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have tried a lot of things to no avail mate but there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

You still did not answer my first question though about repeating I am not bothered to attend games.

Are you sure you are not John ?

100% sure I am not JF!
And I said I wouldn't answer that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 70
barralad
November 17, 2017, 5:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,289
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Whilst I have some empathy with the sentiment Barra, it hardly helps when Mr Fenty is offering 'to go 10 rounds with anyone'.

I honestly thought you would recognise a figure of speech for what it clearly is...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 70
davmariner
November 17, 2017, 6:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from barralad

I honestly thought you would recognise a figure of speech for what it clearly is...

Figure of speech or not, it's inflammatory and divisive. Not the behaviour of a professional and someone who is a fit and proper football club owner.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 70
MuddyWaters
November 17, 2017, 6:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

I'm fed up with 'figures of speeches' and, if I'm honest I'm fed up with the way Grimsby Town Football Club is run. If I didn't take my lads with me, I would readily tear my season ticket up and sit at home. Today is just a further example of a one-man mission to cling on to a notion that one day things will improve. No plan, not a single consideration for the fans or even a jot of respect.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 70
Ipswin
November 17, 2017, 6:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have tried a lot of things to no avail mate but there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

You still did not answer my first question though about repeating I am not bothered to attend games.

Are you sure you are not John ?

Ignore him Pete he's just a stirringshit

Main thing is are you going to be fit for Colchester in January?

Don't get there too early mate, with that new knee and Town's total inability to score goals, you might get a game (unless the Fenty has put the knife in for you with Slade - assuming Slade is still picking the team in January)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 70
barralad
November 17, 2017, 6:48pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,289
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm fed up with 'figures of speeches' and, if I'm honest I'm fed up with the way Grimsby Town Football Club is run. If I didn't take my lads with me, I would readily tear my season ticket up and sit at home. Today is just a further example of a one-man mission to cling on to a notion that one day things will improve. No plan, not a single consideration for the fans or even a jot of respect.

Yeah I get that but as someone who is perfectly capable of putting forward a sensible argument are you going to tackle JF in the best place possible i.e. at a live broadcast fans forum or appear to be a keyboard warrior. At the very least it gets frustrations out in the open and provides the opportunity to clear some very stale air...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 70
bluerose13x
November 17, 2017, 7:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
I've never been to one of these. Is it just show up to the door and they let you in? Do have to have a ticket or anything?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 70
jock dock tower
November 17, 2017, 7:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from barralad

Yeah I get that but as someone who is perfectly capable of putting forward a sensible argument are you going to tackle JF in the best place possible i.e. at a live broadcast fans forum or appear to be a keyboard warrior. At the very least it gets frustrations out in the open and provides the opportunity to clear some very stale air...

Afraid am in Oz otherwise would loved to have been there.

Will there be an independent chair of the meeting who will ensure it runs smoothly and will hold JF to account?

If questions are sent from afar to the meeting will they be read out? Am more than happy to append my full name and address to any such question for transparency's sake.

Am with others here though as well as to the date of said meeting. Holding it on any midweek night will ultimately decimate any potential attendance, and I think JF is probably aware of that - hence the offer of such a meeting so he can appear to be responding to fan's concerns knowing full well a lot of wannabe attendees simply can not make it. Have it on  a Saturday prior to a home game so all the exiles who wish to attend can, and let's face it, they probably contribute more to the club's coffers than most folk so should be able to have their voices heard.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 70
grimsby pete
November 17, 2017, 7:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Ipswin

Ignore him Pete he's just a stirringshit

Main thing is are you going to be fit for Colchester in January?

Don't get there too early mate, with that new knee and Town's total inability to score goals, you might get a game (unless the Fenty hasn't put the knife in for you with Slade - assuming Slade is still picking the team in January)

Will you be sitting with us poor people Swin or are you in the executive suite again ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 70
grimsby pete
November 17, 2017, 7:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from barralad

Ian why should we have to ask what is the length of Slade's contract ?

Or why did you not come to the defence of fans at Stevenage ?

He should have made a statement so we did not need to ask the questions.

He comes on here and makes things 10 times worse for himself.

If he had told us in the first place most of this latest Fenty bashing would not have happened.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.