forza ivano
November 17, 2017, 9:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,141
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from ginnywings
These events never turn out to be the fireworks you're expecting. There's usually someone droning on about flasks or locked fire escapes or staff in the club shop. If there are any pointed questions, they usually get batted away or sidestepped.

oi! the position on flasks is important

i'd like someone to ask jf what they're going to do about the continued bullying of thousands of town fans into not attending checkatrade matches
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 70
Bigdog
November 17, 2017, 10:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
My questions that, as I live more than 1000 miles away, I'll be sending in..

Benign and football fortune are words that do not sufficiently define the impact of your director's loan on the club and for potential investors. Could you be more definitive in what is meant? Wouldn't it be more honourable to convert them into shares like every other investor?

It is written in the club accounts that you are in effect in control of the club. After fifteen years of poor performances on the pitch, three relegations, six years of non-league, not a single season above tier four that didn't end in relegation, non delivery of a new stadium and lack of ability to attract new investment, wouldn't you have got the sack by now if it was an accountable paid position and how can you think that you are the best person to run the football club with this record?

Who is in charge of your PR and marketing? Who has the final say on output and why are they still in their job?

Bragate, why no comment?

Checkatrade, do you really think that fans were bullied into not going to matches? If so, what proof have you got as bullying is a strong word to use on your fanbase?

Checkatrade, why not vote against the competition and still take the money on offer? Surely that would be even better financially for the club as it would have brought you closer to the fans and earned their respect.

Your brother has stated that you have looked all around the world for investment. What marketing methods have you used and is that offer open to anyone even if it meant losing your controlling interest or is it just investment for the new stadium project?

New stadium, how and when?

What is the playing side philosophy of the club?

Most clubs market their season tickets before the end of the season, why do we leave our marketing to the last minute and why are there no new ideas of how to incentivise them after 15 years in charge?

How long do you want to remain in your position?

Shouldn't there be a minimum catering standard for the fans? Was the standard checked before handing out the contract and should it be better than it is?

Could you publicly put your controlling interest up for sale as a package and see what happens?

I'm guessing if results and performances continue as they are that RS is going to be the stooge that's going to take all of the flak and deflect attention away from the bigger picture..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 70
monkeyboy
November 17, 2017, 10:49am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Guys do you not think they already know what the questions are going to be? they read the fishy and will be perfectly able to get the answers ready in advance.
Dictatorships know how to rule and know how to dampen the fires of unrest, we will all be here aain in a year doing the same old.
A complete boycot with a fans letter to the telegraph and a petition would create much more pressure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 70
1mickylyons
November 17, 2017, 10:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,262
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from monkeyboy
Guys do you not think they already know what the questions are going to be? they read the fishy and will be perfectly able to get the answers ready in advance.
Dictatorships know how to rule and know how to dampen the fires of unrest, we will all be here aain in a year doing the same old.
A complete boycot with a fans letter to the telegraph and a petition would create much more pressure.

The trouble is with a boycott if you are on about games rather than the forum is the players and Management despite not being very good haven`t done anything wrong and we want to support them.The Trust need to come out the shadows and start either backing the current regime or call for some sort of change of direction on/off the pitch and they can do this publicly or privately by canvassing there members.The fans forum is a waste of time going on past experiences unless those present are prepared to listen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 70
grimsby pete
November 17, 2017, 10:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Once again another PR gaff from Fenty,

He will not answer the important questions because he is in control and will answer only the questions he wants to answer.

He said I have been rude well I have not called him any rude names unlike a person who hardly posts on here called me a    egoistic girl private  in a pm but I have not complained or named him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 70
monkeyboy
November 17, 2017, 10:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The trouble is with a boycott if you are on about games rather than the forum is the players and Management despite not being very good haven`t done anything wrong and we want to support them.The Trust need to come out the shadows and start either backing the current regime or call for some sort of change of direction on/off the pitch and they can do this publicly or privately by canvassing there members.The fans forum is a waste of time going on past experiences unless those present are prepared to listen.

It was the fans forum i was talking about, pointless imo, people may say its our chance to get our point across but its futile.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 70
TAGG
November 17, 2017, 11:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,982
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Bigdog
My questions that, as I live more than 1000 miles away, I'll be sending in..

Benign and football fortune are words that do not sufficiently define the impact of your director's loan on the club and for potential investors. Could you be more definitive in what is meant? Wouldn't it be more honourable to convert them into shares like every other investor?

It is written in the club accounts that you are in effect in control of the club. After fifteen years of poor performances on the pitch, three relegations, six years of non-league, not a single season above tier four that didn't end in relegation, non delivery of a new stadium and lack of ability to attract new investment, wouldn't you have got the sack by now if it was an accountable paid position and how can you think that you are the best person to run the football club with this record?

Who is in charge of your PR and marketing? Who has the final say on output and why are they still in their job?

Bragate, why no comment?

Checkatrade, do you really think that fans were bullied into not going to matches? If so, what proof have you got as bullying is a strong word to use on your fanbase?

Checkatrade, why not vote against the competition and still take the money on offer? Surely that would be even better financially for the club as it would have brought you closer to the fans and earned their respect.

Your brother has stated that you have looked all around the world for investment. What marketing methods have you used and is that offer open to anyone even if it meant losing your controlling interest or is it just investment for the new stadium project?

New stadium, how and when?

What is the playing side philosophy of the club?

Most clubs market their season tickets before the end of the season, why do we leave our marketing to the last minute and why are there no new ideas of how to incentivise them after 15 years in charge?

How long do you want to remain in your position?

Shouldn't there be a minimum catering standard for the fans? Was the standard checked before handing out the contract and should it be better than it is?

Could you publicly put your controlling interest up for sale as a package and see what happens?

I'm guessing if results and performances continue as they are that RS is going to be the stooge that's going to take all of the flak and deflect attention away from the bigger picture..

Great post.

getyourfactsright you read this forum so be a man and answer the questions.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 70
Fishy_fishtails
November 17, 2017, 1:40pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Got to be Grimsby Pete!

He cant be bothered to come for the games so doubt he will come for the forum!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 70
Fishy_fishtails
November 17, 2017, 1:40pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from TAGG

Great post.

getyourfactsright you read this forum so be a man and answer the questions.

I am sure he will, at the fans forum!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 70
Grim74
November 17, 2017, 1:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Another anticlimax to look forward to then, more fireworks at a ramblers meeting.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.