Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty is a genius...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 278 Guests

John Fenty is a genius...

This thread currently has 5,169 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
November 15, 2017, 7:51pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
...now nobody is talking about the quality of football on offer, the lack of goals or questioning RS's position as manager.
Private Message
chaos33
November 15, 2017, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Another thread though?  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
fleabag1970
November 15, 2017, 9:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Not a genius   . The fans have finally woke up and Sussed him out . He is such a politician , pressing people's buttons never thinking they are clever enough to bite .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
Squarkus
November 15, 2017, 9:23pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from pizzzza
...now nobody is talking about the quality of football on offer, the lack of goals or questioning RS's position as manager.

Thankfully a true thread for once, well done that man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Bigdog
November 15, 2017, 9:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Squarkus

Thankfully a true thread for once, well done that man.

Serious question Squarkus..

Would you mind listing examples of his genius please? Just to prove your stance isn't just out of loyalty..

I'm looking at his record of delivery and performance over the years at the club and struggling to be fair..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
friskneymariner
November 15, 2017, 9:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Getting the trust to pay £30k for a seat on the board without any influence not too bad to start with.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
November 15, 2017, 9:49pm
Guest User
Getting control of half a million pounds worth of shares through threats.  Playground bully not genius.
Reply: 6 - 26
MuddyWaters
November 15, 2017, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 139914
Getting control of half a million pounds worth of shares through threats.  Playground bully not genius.

Getting the Trust to run the bars better than you could then taking 30k for the privilege of your company at a board meeting isn't bad either.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
Squarkus
November 15, 2017, 10:40pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Getting the Trust to run the bars better than you could then taking 30k for the privilege of your company at a board meeting isn't bad either.

I would personally say it's a great integration, that's not genious tho, so that cannot count, the trust are part of the club and do a great job, having a snipe like like you cositanty do is boring, I am sure your audience will follow, this is not his business, its ours and you my friend will always show your spin, so what happens to the 30k it gets spent on running the club, players ect, my mush he doesn't take a bean out of the club he just puts in, can I ask should the club say you run the bars what ever you make just share it amongst yourselves, that is what the trust are about helping the club and putting the money we make to the good cause which we have a say in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
MuddyWaters
November 16, 2017, 7:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus

I would personally say it's a great integration, that's not genious tho, so that cannot count, the trust are part of the club and do a great job, having a snipe like like you cositanty do is boring, I am sure your audience will follow, this is not his business, its ours and you my friend will always show your spin, so what happens to the 30k it gets spent on running the club, players ect, my mush he doesn't take a bean out of the club he just puts in, can I ask should the club say you run the bars what ever you make just share it amongst yourselves, that is what the trust are about helping the club and putting the money we make to the good cause which we have a say in.

At least we agree that the Trust do a great job. It would be even better if they could use the 30k on specific things that they want rather than it just get swallowed up in the general pot.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
Cloudy
November 16, 2017, 7:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Hopefully the Trust membership will have a say on how the money is spent following the proposed survey.

At present many of us support the bars,and are happy to do so, but it would be better if we knew what the money was being spent on rather than the generic 'running the club'

Still think the money should be given over in return for shares rather than as a donation.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
Bigdog
November 16, 2017, 8:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy
Hopefully the Trust membership will have a say on how the money is spent following the proposed survey.

At present many of us support the bars,and are happy to do so, but it would be better if we knew what the money was being spent on rather than the generic 'running the club'

Still think the money should be given over in return for shares rather than as a donation

I think that should have been the deal years ago Cloudy. At least at the time when the number of shares added up to a controlling interest in the club, that would be ok with the other directors, because control would still be in the boardroom right? Surely that would still be fair wouldn't it, going by previous claims of fairness protocol re the MP shares.

I'm also hoping that the Trust survey is going a lot further than just asking how the money should be spent and there will be questions to as many of the fanbase as possible about whether it stays in its present guise or steps away from the club and aims for a new goal, fundraising to take over the club and marketing to try and attract inward investors itself as the club can't seem to do it or want to do it. It's a bit of a tricky one as what happens to the club bars and the Trust's primary source of income?

Maybe the Trust should stay in its present form if it is felt to be a step too far and a new body set up to fundraise for the goal of controlling interest in the club. Should be an interesting survey and I hope that as many fans as possible complete it.

It's common sense to think radical change is needed.

At present we are going nowhere fast with such a huge disconnect between the club and its fans that seems like its going to be impossible to change by the current regime..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
MuddyWaters
November 16, 2017, 8:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus

Regarding the two words highlighted - if I snipe, it means I have an opinion which, unless I'm mistaken, is what a forum is all about. Regarding spin, how is that different to the 'spin' that GTFC's PR department have put on recent events?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
Cloudy
November 16, 2017, 8:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

I think that should have been the deal years ago Cloudy. At least at the time when the number of shares added up to a controlling interest in the club, that would be ok with the other directors, because control would still be in the boardroom right? Surely that would still be fair wouldn't it, going by previous claims of fairness protocol re the MP shares.

I'm also hoping that the Trust survey is going a lot further than just asking how the money should be spent and there will be questions to as many of the fanbase as possible about whether it stays in its present guise or steps away from the club and aims for a new goal, fundraising to take over the club and marketing to try and attract inward investors itself as the club can't seem to do it or want to do it. It's a bit of a tricky one as what happens to the club bars and the Trust's primary source of income?

Maybe the Trust should stay in its present form if it is felt to be a step too far and a new body set up to fundraise for the goal of controlling interest in the club. Should be an interesting survey and I hope that as many fans as possible complete it.

It's common sense to think radical change is needed.

At present we are going nowhere fast with such a huge disconnect between the club and its fans that seems like its going to be impossible to change by the current regime..

My understanding is that serious steps have been taken to attract inward investment and there were a couple of interested groups but ultimately no deal at least until a new stadium is occupied. Then there may be a group interested in getting involved.

As we have all said at one time or another GTFC in its present form is NOT an attractive proposition
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
Bigdog
November 16, 2017, 8:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

My understanding is that serious steps have been taken to attract inward investment and there were a couple of interested groups but ultimately no deal at least until a new stadium is occupied. Then there may be a group interested in getting involved.

As we have all said at one time or another GTFC in its present form is NOT an attractive proposition

If that's the case, then we're in some sort of an impasse aren't we? The only way forward for now would be for JF to immediately open up the boardroom to create a greater pool of talent and create a broader consensus of opinion. He's probably got to look at that outstanding loan seriously too. We've got a solicitor and an accountant on there which I think are good moves. Their shareholding is relatively small but they add value from their own professions. It's a shame that it couldn't extend to other professions ie football knowledge, PR, marketing etc. It would mean JF losing power but it would be for the greater good of the club. JF would gain a lot of credit in my eyes if any additions to the board were independent and not hand picked. He needs to do something as we can't carry on losing the fan's interest and the resulting matchday income. You never know JF might enjoy it if the club was opened up and made more transparent to the fans, because I bet he damn well ain't enjoying things the way they are now..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
Bigdog
November 16, 2017, 12:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Serious question Squarkus..

Would you mind listing examples of his genius please? Just to prove your stance isn't just out of loyalty..

I'm looking at his record of delivery and performance over the years at the club and struggling to be fair..

Well Squarkus, it's been a day since I asked you the question and no reply. I've noticed you've had time to write other posts.

I'll put forward the theory that JF is not a genius. If he was a genius the club would be in a lot better state after fifteen years, it would have not suffered three relegations, six years of non-league, the regression over the past two seasons and the failings most notably in PR, marketing, attracting investment, footballing decisions and interaction with the club's more than loyal fans.

What has got to stop is the inference from you and the JF inner circle that John is a genius and the fans are idiots or a vocal minority. This has got to stop because the club needs its paying customers and more importantly, it's just rude, extremely arrogant and plainly wrong. It's not just The Fishy, it's not just Twitter, it's not just Facebook or the comment section in the Telegraph, it's the hundreds and thousands of fans that have given up and have stopped going to games that seem wiser to the situation we're in and what needs to be done about it.

Nobody forced JF to take the club over all those years ago, it was his decision. With that decision comes a responsibility and that responsibility is to the club. And by meaning club, I mean the fans as without them there would definitely be no club. Without JF there would definitely still be a club. These fans stuck loyally with the club and JF throughout year upon year of poor football, relegations and non-league when fans from other clubs haven't. They have contributed massively in keeping this great club of ours afloat.

That non-chairman responsibility remains the same today. As it stands, being in control of the club, it is down to JF to sort this mess out. All historic evidence points to the fact that he does not have the ability to do it on his own or with some less than able lieutenants in the PR department. It's coming to the point where JF needs to take a break and give himself an honest appraisal of his performance and put a proper plan together to fix everything before it spirals totally out of control. It's a sign of strength to admit your weaknesses rather than proudly plough on ignorant of what everyone sees. It's a sign of strength to offer olive branches and it's a sign of strength to ask for help when it's desperately needed.

Radical change needs to happen to save our club from freefall and it has to start with JF because he is currently in charge. If he doesn't take the chance and build bridges now, I've got a feeling that future events may take the opportunity out of his hands..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
Marinerz93
November 16, 2017, 4:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Bigdog

Well Squarkus, it's been a day since I asked you the question and no reply. I've noticed you've had time to write other posts.

I'll put forward the theory that JF is not a genius. If he was a genius the club would be in a lot better state after fifteen years, it would have not suffered three relegations, six years of non-league, the regression over the past two seasons and the failings most notably in PR, marketing, attracting investment, footballing decisions and interaction with the club's more than loyal fans.

What has got to stop is the inference from you and the JF inner circle that John is a genius and the fans are idiots or a vocal minority. This has got to stop because the club needs its paying customers and more importantly, it's just rude, extremely arrogant and plainly wrong. It's not just The Fishy, it's not just Twitter, it's not just Facebook or the comment section in the Telegraph, it's the hundreds and thousands of fans that have given up and have stopped going to games that seem wiser to the situation we're in and what needs to be done about it.

Nobody forced JF to take the club over all those years ago, it was his decision. With that decision comes a responsibility and that responsibility is to the club. And by meaning club, I mean the fans as without them there would definitely be no club. Without JF there would definitely still be a club. These fans stuck loyally with the club and JF throughout year upon year of poor football, relegations and non-league when fans from other clubs haven't. They have contributed massively in keeping this great club of ours afloat.

That non-chairman responsibility remains the same today. As it stands, being in control of the club, it is down to JF to sort this mess out. All historic evidence points to the fact that he does not have the ability to do it on his own or with some less than able lieutenants in the PR department. It's coming to the point where JF needs to take a break and give himself an honest appraisal of his performance and put a proper plan together to fix everything before it spirals totally out of control. It's a sign of strength to admit your weaknesses rather than proudly plough on ignorant of what everyone sees. It's a sign of strength to offer olive branches and it's a sign of strength to ask for help when it's desperately needed.

Radical change needs to happen to save our club from freefall and it has to start with JF because he is currently in charge. If he doesn't take the chance and build bridges now, I've got a feeling that future events may take the opportunity out of his hands..

John isn't into building bridges because it seems deconstructing is his thing  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
pontoon442
November 16, 2017, 6:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
Does the Trust run the Snack Bars too??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
Cloudy
November 16, 2017, 6:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from pontoon442

Don't think so. Outside caterers had the contract
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
barralad
November 16, 2017, 7:34pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from pontoon442

No we don't. The contract is held by a private company.  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
ginnywings
November 16, 2017, 8:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad

No we don't. The contract is held by a private company.  

When the contract runs out Barra, i expect no less than a complete takeover by the Trust and them to serve Kidderminster style food.  

Oh, and fishfinger butties.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
barralad
November 16, 2017, 9:51pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from ginnywings

When the contract runs out Barra, i expect no less than a complete takeover by the Trust and them to serve Kidderminster style food.  

Oh, and fishfinger butties.

When news reached us that the contract had been awarded we stood in a circle and prayed en masse that the successful bidder was the catering team from Kidderminster. Best food at a footie ground ever in my experience.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
ginnywings
November 16, 2017, 10:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from barralad

When news reached us that the contract had been awarded we stood in a circle and prayed en masse that the successful bidder was the catering team from Kidderminster. Best food at a footie ground ever in my experience.

Indeed, but when was that contract awarded , and more importantly, when does it expire?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
Cloudy
November 17, 2017, 8:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Indeed, but when was that contract awarded , and more importantly, when does it expire?

When the chips are down it is a rolling contract, A bit saucy perhaps but they were the pie in ears  
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
ginnywings
November 17, 2017, 9:03am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Cloudy

When the chips are down it is a rolling contract, A bit saucy perhaps but they were the pie in ears  

That's so bad, it's almost good.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
barralad
November 17, 2017, 9:34am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from ginnywings

I have to say I don't know anything about the contract. It's never really come onto the Trust's radar as far as I'm aware.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
ginnywings
November 17, 2017, 9:44am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from barralad

I have to say I don't know anything about the contract. It's never really come onto the Trust's radar as far as I'm aware.

Ok mate, thought it may be something you were looking at to expand your operation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty is a genius...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.