11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
AndyMariner
November 13, 2017, 12:00pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -1
Quoted from Cloudy
Mike Parker has absolutely NO interest whatsoever and that is not down to the shares he gifted to the Trust in any way

That's fair enough, it was just a thought if he was approached by the Trust with a structured plan then I didn't know if he could've been tempted to invest. Pure speculation on my part, plus I suppose it doesn't solve the issue of the club being dependent on one man's finances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 104
1mickylyons
November 13, 2017, 12:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from mariner91

What are the reason he's not interested?

Edited for you

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 104
moosey_club
November 13, 2017, 1:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from AndyMariner

That's fair enough, it was just a thought if he was approached by the Trust with a structured plan then I didn't know if he could've been tempted to invest. Pure speculation on my part, plus I suppose it doesn't solve the issue of the club being dependent on one man's finances.

Structured plan which would be currently......

Hi Mike, its the GTST trust here...you may remember us from your previous dealings when you kindly donated a chunk of your personal shares (and fortune) to us which we subsequently voted to give to your arch nemesis at the time JF...
Well we have been having a discussion here and following the recent publication of our accounts where we made a loss last year we would like to approach you with an idea for Fans ownership of the club...basically we need around 2m to buy out JF's loan plus probably then a few more quid to buy up enough shares to regain overall control of the club...then a few more quid to give us a working budget and from that point on we should be then fairly self sustaining at the level we are at....
So our proposal is that we enter into this on a 50/50 basis, you provide the funds and we provide the great ideas.....Hello,,hello... oh the line seems to have gone dead.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 104
moosey_club
November 13, 2017, 1:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jock dock tower

Barcelona are owned by their 180,000 members. Clubs do not have to be the playthings of oligarchs, magnates and other financial crooks to compete at the very highest level, so why should it be any different at ours?

So we are just 179,000 ish members short of being able to compete with Barcelona then ?  

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 104
GrimRob
November 13, 2017, 1:53pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Isn't it against the spirit of this thread to suggest replacing one all-powerful rich individual with another all-powerful rich individual would solve the perceived problems? The OP (despite his incorrect use of the apostrophe) opined that the club should revert to an egalitarian shared ownership where (not rich) fans would have input into the decision making.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 104
moosey_club
November 13, 2017, 2:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
Isn't it against the spirit of this thread to suggest replacing one all-powerful rich individual with another all-powerful rich individual would solve the perceived problems? The OP (despite his incorrect use of the apostrophe) opined that the club should revert to an egalitarian shared ownership where (not rich) fans would have input into the decision making.

He wouldnt be all powerful though, in the case of MP for example ( or any other person who has the funds going spare )  he would just have to stump up the cash, no strings attached and sign a waiver that we are now in charge of the club....brilliant idea really and one that a full page advert in the Telegraph (Evening not Daily) should resolve pretty quickly.

I also wonder if it were possible to somehow set the club up as a charity ?.. as then we open a global opportunity for exceedingly rich folk and corporations to donate vast sums as tax write off charitable donations to us, as long as we dont make a profit there should be no issues.

Baggsy that idea.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 104
golfer
November 13, 2017, 2:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Moosey--will you join me and Fat Cobra in a joint takeover -you are one of the very few to talk any sense-most of the rest are in cloud cuckoo land- I think the March Hare will appear soon.  I normally have my dreams when I am asleep
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 104
Jaws
November 13, 2017, 2:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from 1mickylyons

It doesn`t mean they couldn`t either?

It's business suicide to just hand someone with no experience the reigns of a business of this size.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 104
AndyMariner
November 13, 2017, 2:28pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -1
Quoted from moosey_club

Structured plan which would be currently......

Hi Mike, its the GTST trust here...you may remember us from your previous dealings when you kindly donated a chunk of your personal shares (and fortune) to us which we subsequently voted to give to your arch nemesis at the time JF...
Well we have been having a discussion here and following the recent publication of our accounts where we made a loss last year we would like to approach you with an idea for Fans ownership of the club...basically we need around 2m to buy out JF's loan plus probably then a few more quid to buy up enough shares to regain overall control of the club...then a few more quid to give us a working budget and from that point on we should be then fairly self sustaining at the level we are at....
So our proposal is that we enter into this on a 50/50 basis, you provide the funds and we provide the great ideas.....Hello,,hello... oh the line seems to have gone dead.

Well, that's one way of looking at it! As 1mickylyons said: "Mike won`t have been happy about the shares but I am sure he is well aware of the facts/circumstances surrounding them being handed over."

My suggestion wasn't about fan ownership (although I do realise that's what this thread is about). Mine was about the possibility of a new owner (who supports Town) overseeing things, with a new more professional approach to the running of the club (for example, no rants from the accounts manager in the Telegraph and no message board outbursts from directors), with someone employed to deal with day-to-day issues / PR, and more involvement and respect for supporters (rather than them being seen as a hindrance). A plan would obviously take time to put together.

As Cloudy has pointed out though, it seems MP isn't interested in getting involved again so it's a non-starter.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 104
moosey_club
November 13, 2017, 3:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from golfer
Moosey--will you join me and Fat Cobra in a joint takeover -you are one of the very few to talk any sense-most of the rest are in cloud cuckoo land- I think the March Hare will appear soon.  I normally have my dreams when I am asleep

I am flattered... but i wouldnt join any venture that would have me as a partner !  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 104
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC fan's ownership

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.