11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 16, 2017, 8:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Is there no middle ground? Raising more money for the Trust to buy more shares and influence on decisions. The scheme JDT mentioned would be something i would be willing to throw a few quid into every month. Everyone just seems hell bent on driving out the current regime with pitchforks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 104
Bigdog
November 16, 2017, 9:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ginnywings
Is there no middle ground? Raising more money for the Trust to buy more shares and influence on decisions. The scheme JDT mentioned would be something i would be willing to throw a few quid into every month. Everyone just seems hell bent on driving out the current regime with pitchforks.

There is no obligation for a PLC to offer its shares to the public. It's yet another stranglehold Ginny.

I don't think there would be appetite for JDT's idea if the Trust wasn't welcomed with an opened arms offer of eventually becoming the controlling interest at the club. I'd be in favour of it if there was an offer, but I really can't see it happening. It would take a surprising wholesale shift of inclusiveness from the present controlling interest.. On top of that I think it might now be the majority of fans who would prefer a fresh start and an unadulterated new approach to running the club. .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 104
jock dock tower
November 16, 2017, 9:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from jock dock tower
Don't forget as well remarks I made a few months back on the value of all the free publicity had whilst in the role of chair / non chair. It would cost a company a fortune for that kind of exposure over such a prolonged stretch of time.

I also feel that there should be offered a post in the new set up to JF, purely in an advisory capacity, and with something like vice president status for the rest of his natural life as well. This isn't about any kind of revenge, and there is recognition that his money has undoubtedly helped keep the club afloat but we are in different days now. There is a mindset at the club that things have to change periodically at a club if we are to keep apace with the game - managers come and go, the proposed move to the new stadium.....and the need for the dynamic in charge of the club changing. It's all part of the whole process.

Interesting to note three red crosses against this. Assume it's because it mentions accommodating JF in some way. Don't forget that the vast majority of business deals include some amount of compromise on both parts. If you go in hell for leather and can not give someone a valid reason for going you'll get nowhere, and as I said at the beginning it's not those who want the change that you have to convince. Hope that's self explanatory, am certainly not changing my viewpoint at all on fan nownership, just the means of actually getting there in the first instance.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 104
TheRealJohnLewis
November 16, 2017, 9:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39

Interesting to note three red crosses against this. Assume it's because it mentions accommodating JF in some way. Don't forget that the vast majority of business deals include some amount of compromise on both parts. If you go in hell for leather and can not give someone a valid reason for going you'll get nowhere, and as I said at the beginning it's not those who want the change that you have to convince. Hope that's self explanatory, am certainly not changing my viewpoint at all on fan nownership, just the means of actually getting there in the first instance.

My personal opinion is that he is doing a pretty shitty job of running the club, why would anyone want to keep him if we managed to get JF to release his grip on the club.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 104
1mickylyons
November 17, 2017, 8:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56

President Fenty oh yes he would love that I reckon that`s worth 2M

Seriously though love him or loathe him he has possibly warranted that title with the work he has put in trying to get us relocated and putting his hand in his pocket at times when nobody else would etc etc etc. The snag is the negatives and would people be prepared to overlook them and let him have the title of Club President? Personally I don`t object he has done his bit and done his best BUT the time has come where we now need him to step back or to the side so we can progress doubtful he agrees though?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 104
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC fan's ownership

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.