Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are we going down the same path as Stockport \york
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 248 Guests

Are we going down the same path as Stockport \york

This thread currently has 6,003 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
November 12, 2017, 7:30pm
Guest User
Mid-table in League 2, transitional squad with little budget. Let's stick together and keep optimistic, we might even win our next 2 games. I'm sure the manager and players are just as frustrated as the fans. Wouldn't any change now increase the risk of us getting into a relegation fight?

It hasn't been pretty recently but back in the conference we had plenty of poor matches.
Reply: 40 - 44
HertsGTFC
November 12, 2017, 7:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Mariner_09
Sure Mr Fenty’s made some poor managerial appointments and he’s not a good public speaker and his loans mean he is essential to the club’s survival but I would not want a change as if he walks away, takes his £2m loans with him and there’s no money then we really are in big trouble. He didn’t have to put his money in but he did and he’s kept the club viable. It’s not perfect but better the devil you know.

He can't be that bad at speaking to the pubic as he is a local politician.

One thing makes me laugh though, posters on here saying he should "write off the loans" if it was their 2 million I would imagine they would thing differently.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
FishOutOfWater
November 12, 2017, 7:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He can't be that bad at speaking to the pubic as he is a local politician.

One thing makes me laugh though, posters on here saying he should "write off the loans" if it was their 2 million I would imagine they would thing differently.  

I can't exactly recall when it was Herts ( I haven't googled it but maybe there is a piece in the CA archives ) but I'm certain that JF said he's already written off those loans 'in his head'

If that's the case then why does he still have a stranglehold over everything GTFC?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 44
denni266
November 12, 2017, 9:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Dont think there is a hope in hells chance that JF  will go any where . even if his loans where paid off.. IMO,  he just wants the new ground with his name on it. IMO the way things are going the only thing left will be a cross in someons garden where Blundell Park used to be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
Teestogreen
November 12, 2017, 11:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
In terms of the title question, I think you can add Hartlepool to it. I thought they beat us and still went down last season.

As long as we persist in playing non scoring players, in a non scoring team - in a non scoring management set up, the trap door is very likely.

Don't understand the management stance of not wanting to win games.

It is almost as if, the management believe that, Town were better off in the National League. Maybe. Just a bit more pain this season, and look forward to Wembley next season. (Hopefully), Paul will be available, after Shrewsbury implode in the second half of the season.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are we going down the same path as Stockport \york

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.