Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are we going down the same path as Stockport \york
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 202 Guests

Are we going down the same path as Stockport \york

This thread currently has 6,002 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
November 12, 2017, 5:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Pearson did not want to leave, lets put that one to bed straight a way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
MarinerWY
November 12, 2017, 5:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,985
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Paris Mariner
There are some right drama queens on here. We may not be playing the best football at the moment and the chairman has made some right gaffs of late but from the 8/9 matches I have seen this season we certainly don't look like relegation fodder. We look like a mid-table side and we basically are. All things considered - second season back in the league after a long time out of it, 3 managerial changes in 6 months and a squad overhaul - we are not actually doing that bad.

Yes, JF needs to hire a PR consultant, yes we need a striker (who doesn't?!) and yes we'd like to be higher up the league but we are hardly a club in crisis. Far from it.

This is absolute spades. But The Fishy has been like this for the past few years... remember everyone wanting Hurst sacked after the first leg of the play-offs in the year we got promoted?

Now I am pretty uninspired by what we're seeing on the pitch, and it is killing some enthusiasm which normally makes me make every effort (finances depending) to get to games. But we are also not at the brink of collapse. It's mid-table fodder and it's a bit dull.

As for John Fenty, whilst I don't profess to be a huge fan myself, they stuff I've heard pinned on him on here recently is absurd. And if you challenge it you're a "happy clapper" or alleged to be related to the Fenty family as though they are some far-reaching mafioso.

What the Fishy faithful need is to look up 'nuance' in the dictionary and probably get a bit of a healthier balance in their lives, perhaps a hobby to alongside following GTFC, something less partisan, perhaps?
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
Badger57
November 12, 2017, 5:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from mariner91
Throughout our tenure in the barren wilderness that is non-league, there was always some on here who stood up for Fenty. There was the usual cluster of people who were vehemently anti-Fenty but the vast majority of people on here and social media didn't offer much of an opinion either for or against our beloved leader (Stockholm syndrome?). That seems to have changed. There are still some who defend Fenty and his actions but they're certainly fewer in number. And a lot of the ones who were silent on the matter seem to have been sparked into life and it certainly appears as though the majority would be quite happy to see him gone.

For my part, I've always been silent on the subject. But the comments from the club this week which no doubt emanated from Fenty showed what utter disdain he has for the fanbase. He has no idea what we want but even worse he doesn't care what we want. We are irrelevant to him, the only thing we're good for is to keep the club afloat by blindly handing over our money every two weeks. Doesn't matter what facilities he lays out such as the dirty toilets and crap catering, doesn't matter that he's allowed us to assemble a squad devoid of any attacking intent, we don't deserve value for money. He leaches off our loyalty to the club like the parasite that he is. And woe betide anyone who makes a stand such as boycotting EFL trophy matches, you're nothing more than a bully stopping thousands of would be attenders. Possibly the most ironic statement ever made given his behaviour and actions since he gained a controlling stake.

He bullied the trust in to handing over the MP shares with threats of selling Hearn and to rub salt in to the wounds he now makes them pay for a place on the board. Well I'm sorry John but the Trust does far more good for the club than you ever have and the handing over of the shares which you forced through should be more than enough to earn their place at the top table. Your brother was on here the other day claiming you'd not stand in the way of anyone who could take the club forward and that you'd happily write your loans off. If that money is so benign then why were you repaid £200K from last year's Bogle profit? That money could quite easily have got us 3 or 4 good players for this level who might have meant we weren't looking over our shoulder at the trapdoor once again. Over the last 15 years or so you have made poor decision after poor decision, your PR is so bad it's beyond a joke, you bully anyone who expresses disagreement with you or does anything which threatens your control over the club and you have shown nothing but contempt for the only good thing left about the club; the fans.

It's clear you can't take this club further, at best under you we have treaded water at a level which historically would have been considered below us. It's also clear that nobody wants to work with you or with your "benign" loans looming ominously in the background should you not get your way. So if you really care about the club, it's time you actually wrote off those loans and let someone else have a go.

Post of the year!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
friskneymariner
November 12, 2017, 5:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Garth
Pearson did not want to leave, lets put that one to bed straight a way

Doesn't matter to Paddythebadger he doesn't let the truth get in the way one iota.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
TAGG
November 12, 2017, 6:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from HertsGTFC

The big problem is who is that "someone else" ?

FFS

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
diehardmariner
November 12, 2017, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,424
Gold Stars: 532
Only question that needs asking is "how much to buy you out, shareholdings and benign loans included?"

Then we, as a fan base, know what is required.

Sadly, I don't think Fenty has any interest in giving a figure as he doesn't want to relinquish power.

I don't doubt Fenty is a decent bloke. He probably thinks he's doing things for the best. However he's the architect of  the sheer incompetence and nepotism that is not only threatening the future prospects of the club but also creating an atmosphere of apathy amongst the fans, myself included.

I've always regarded myself as quite neutral in opinions on Fenty and probably gone down the "who else is there?" path. Recent events have proven too much though. Now I would rather watch GTFC, or a version of, on Bradley Pitches than continue in this fashion.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
HertsGTFC
November 12, 2017, 6:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
TAGG -  “FFS” does not answer the question really does it?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
Mariner_09
November 12, 2017, 6:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Sure Mr Fenty’s made some poor managerial appointments and he’s not a good public speaker and his loans mean he is essential to the club’s survival but I would not want a change as if he walks away, takes his £2m loans with him and there’s no money then we really are in big trouble. He didn’t have to put his money in but he did and he’s kept the club viable. It’s not perfect but better the devil you know.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
TAGG
November 12, 2017, 7:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
TAGG -  “FFS” does not answer the question really does it?

Does in this case.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
TAGG
November 12, 2017, 7:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09
Sure Mr Fenty’s made some poor managerial appointments and he’s not a good public speaker and his loans mean he is essential to the club’s survival but I would not want a change as if he walks away, takes his £2m loans with him and there’s no money then we really are in big trouble. He didn’t have to put his money in but he did and he’s kept the club viable. It’s not perfect but better the devil you know.

Yes he did have to put his money in to paper over all the intercourse ups he made that cost our club that money.
This is why he should never get it back.
He should pay for his intercourse ups.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are we going down the same path as Stockport \york

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.