Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are we going down the same path as Stockport \york
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 378 Guests

Are we going down the same path as Stockport \york

This thread currently has 5,969 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
November 12, 2017, 12:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
I think it would be more pertinent to ask if we are going down the same path as York or Stockport?

Despite his tenure being on the whole forgettable, the owner still hasn't grasped you need to spend money wisely, enough of it, and do your homework and due diligence when choosing managers. I was happy enough with Slade, mainly because I didn't trust the owner to choose the best candidate who he didn't already know, and that he would be a safe pair of hands.

All the owner is bothered about really is the new stadium for all sorts of reasons. A change of manager would give us a short term boost no doubt, but until the owner goes it will just be the same club with all the failings that are so obvious. I suppose all owners are egotistical to a degree, but ours has got the club in a stranglehold which is basically an imprint of himself.

The future could be really good if we could find a way of having a new start.

I agree reference Stockport York thread header changed  in terms of were we might end up but original point was will our fans end up like Blackpool fans are with oyston
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
TheCodfather1966
November 12, 2017, 12:47pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Paris Mariner................  are you serious, are you actually watching these games.  We are 100% atrocious this season and the entertainment value is Nil as per the goal tally.  If you think we will end up mid table playing like this you are kidding yourself.  This team is in REAL danger of relegation this season, and I would be surprised if we take any more than 1 point from our next two home games.  Stop kidding yourself people, this club is rotten from top to bottom and Fenty is as popular as the Oyston family in Blackpool, make no bones about that.  I would estimate that at least 80% of supporters would be pleased to see the back of Fenty and Slade.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
KingstonMariner
November 12, 2017, 1:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Paris Mariner
There are some right drama queens on here. We may not be playing the best football at the moment and the chairman has made some right gaffs of late but from the 8/9 matches I have seen this season we certainly don't look like relegation fodder. We look like a mid-table side and we basically are. All things considered - second season back in the league after a long time out of it, 3 managerial changes in 6 months and a squad overhaul - we are not actually doing that bad.

Yes, JF needs to hire a PR consultant, yes we need a striker (who doesn't?!) and yes we'd like to be higher up the league but we are hardly a club in crisis. Far from it.

He'd probably just ignore him/her

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
KingstonMariner
November 12, 2017, 1:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
What a nonsense of a thread
Blackpool funds were raided by a joint owner when they had huge premier league parachute payments in their bank
Gtfc don't have funds to raid
Keep forum topics to something sensible please

Can we have a list of approved topics please, just to make sure we don't get it wrong in future?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
mariner91
November 12, 2017, 1:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Throughout our tenure in the barren wilderness that is non-league, there was always some on here who stood up for Fenty. There was the usual cluster of people who were vehemently anti-Fenty but the vast majority of people on here and social media didn't offer much of an opinion either for or against our beloved leader (Stockholm syndrome?). That seems to have changed. There are still some who defend Fenty and his actions but they're certainly fewer in number. And a lot of the ones who were silent on the matter seem to have been sparked into life and it certainly appears as though the majority would be quite happy to see him gone.

For my part, I've always been silent on the subject. But the comments from the club this week which no doubt emanated from Fenty showed what utter disdain he has for the fanbase. He has no idea what we want but even worse he doesn't care what we want. We are irrelevant to him, the only thing we're good for is to keep the club afloat by blindly handing over our money every two weeks. Doesn't matter what facilities he lays out such as the dirty toilets and crap catering, doesn't matter that he's allowed us to assemble a squad devoid of any attacking intent, we don't deserve value for money. He leaches off our loyalty to the club like the parasite that he is. And woe betide anyone who makes a stand such as boycotting EFL trophy matches, you're nothing more than a bully stopping thousands of would be attenders. Possibly the most ironic statement ever made given his behaviour and actions since he gained a controlling stake.

He bullied the trust in to handing over the MP shares with threats of selling Hearn and to rub salt in to the wounds he now makes them pay for a place on the board. Well I'm sorry John but the Trust does far more good for the club than you ever have and the handing over of the shares which you forced through should be more than enough to earn their place at the top table. Your brother was on here the other day claiming you'd not stand in the way of anyone who could take the club forward and that you'd happily write your loans off. If that money is so benign then why were you repaid £200K from last year's Bogle profit? That money could quite easily have got us 3 or 4 good players for this level who might have meant we weren't looking over our shoulder at the trapdoor once again. Over the last 15 years or so you have made poor decision after poor decision, your PR is so bad it's beyond a joke, you bully anyone who expresses disagreement with you or does anything which threatens your control over the club and you have shown nothing but contempt for the only good thing left about the club; the fans.

It's clear you can't take this club further, at best under you we have treaded water at a level which historically would have been considered below us. It's also clear that nobody wants to work with you or with your "benign" loans looming ominously in the background should you not get your way. So if you really care about the club, it's time you actually wrote off those loans and let someone else have a go.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
headingly_mariner
November 12, 2017, 1:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
I wasn't happy he was in charge when we were in league 1. I just hope when he does leave he doesn't screw us over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
TheRealJohnLewis
November 12, 2017, 1:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from mariner91
Throughout our tenure in the barren wilderness that is non-league, there was always some on here who stood up for Fenty. There was the usual cluster of people who were vehemently anti-Fenty but the vast majority of people on here and social media didn't offer much of an opinion either for or against our beloved leader (Stockholm syndrome?). That seems to have changed. There are still some who defend Fenty and his actions but they're certainly fewer in number. And a lot of the ones who were silent on the matter seem to have been sparked into life and it certainly appears as though the majority would be quite happy to see him gone.

For my part, I've always been silent on the subject. But the comments from the club this week which no doubt emanated from Fenty showed what utter disdain he has for the fanbase. He has no idea what we want but even worse he doesn't care what we want. We are irrelevant to him, the only thing we're good for is to keep the club afloat by blindly handing over our money every two weeks. Doesn't matter what facilities he lays out such as the dirty toilets and crap catering, doesn't matter that he's allowed us to assemble a squad devoid of any attacking intent, we don't deserve value for money. He leaches off our loyalty to the club like the parasite that he is. And woe betide anyone who makes a stand such as boycotting EFL trophy matches, you're nothing more than a bully stopping thousands of would be attenders. Possibly the most ironic statement ever made given his behaviour and actions since he gained a controlling stake.

He bullied the trust in to handing over the MP shares with threats of selling Hearn and to rub salt in to the wounds he now makes them pay for a place on the board. Well I'm sorry John but the Trust does far more good for the club than you ever have and the handing over of the shares which you forced through should be more than enough to earn their place at the top table. Your brother was on here the other day claiming you'd not stand in the way of anyone who could take the club forward and that you'd happily write your loans off. If that money is so benign then why were you repaid £200K from last year's Bogle profit? That money could quite easily have got us 3 or 4 good players for this level who might have meant we weren't looking over our shoulder at the trapdoor once again. Over the last 15 years or so you have made poor decision after poor decision, your PR is so bad it's beyond a joke, you bully anyone who expresses disagreement with you or does anything which threatens your control over the club and you have shown nothing but contempt for the only good thing left about the club; the fans.

It's clear you can't take this club further, at best under you we have treaded water at a level which historically would have been considered below us. It's also clear that nobody wants to work with you or with your "benign" loans looming ominously in the background should you not get your way. So if you really care about the club, it's time you actually wrote off those loans and let someone else have a go.

Excellent post.

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
Abdul19
November 12, 2017, 1:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Fenty is as popular as the Oyston family in Blackpool, make no bones about that.
UTM

I don't think he's anywhere near. Fenty's been pretty lucky in that regard, given his role over the last 15 years or so. You hear the odd shout and moan, but that's about it. That may change in the near future though, as M91 said in his excellent post.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
November 12, 2017, 1:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from bradzmilne
The path to non-league , something we promised as supporters would never happen again.

Where on earth did it all go so wrong? A day that sticks in my head is away at Woking (wigs at Woking) and in all my time I've never felt a fan/club connection like that - it was fantastic.

Get rid of players that cared , replace them with not only players that don't understand but are genuinely on the whole are weaker in terms of ability.

I'd say you can't script it... But it's GTFC so of course you can.

I always find this "get rid of players" who care argument a little dodgy at best. Pearson was a great part of the side, BUT he decided to take a contract at Wrexham, before he was offered something here. The year before it was Amond and Arnold, who according to PH didnt get in touch to negotiate. Toto was basically hounded out by the fans who took nearly every opportunity to boo him and get on his back.

As for replacing them with players who dont understand, put yourself in their shoes- if every time you lose a game you re booed and called useless on forums and twitter I wonder quite how much of a Sh1t you would give about the club.

The saddest thing about being a Grimsby fan, for me, is the offensive and overly dramatic reactions that happen so regularly when we lose or draw.
Reply: 18 - 44
grimsby pete
November 12, 2017, 1:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Agree with all of that what Paddy said,

Never mind all will be well next week after we beat Carlisle 3-1.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are we going down the same path as Stockport \york

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.