1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
November 11, 2017, 7:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
With our style are we getting the best out of Dembele, I feel that at the moment even his future transfer value is now starting to decrease.
Logged Offline
Private Message
lukeo
November 11, 2017, 7:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Obviously don't know if he is told to but he goes far to in field. I'm only 29 but I'm old fashioned and think wingers should have pace and 'get white on their boots' so to speak. Get out wide, use the whole width of the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
sonofmadeleymariner
November 11, 2017, 8:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
He has to come too deep to get the ball like Lord Buckley says, so by the time he's got going he's only made it as far as the half way line. He needs to be our outlet on coners and freekicks as well, no more of this pulling every man back to defend set pieces as the ball just ends up coming straight back in putting us under more pressure again. Maybe even playing him in a more central role as well would give him more options going forward he'll be able to cut left and right, inside and out instead of just inside every time.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Grantham_Mariner
November 11, 2017, 8:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
JT on Humberside nailed it today when he questioned that we were pulling everybody back for corners, but if we left Dembele on the half way line they would need two players back to defend, and there would be a player to attack the ball when we clear.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
chaos33
November 11, 2017, 8:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Just one of a few glaring basic things that everyone can see, but Russ and Wilko can't apparently.

Still, we can just blindly plod on playing no football and doing no attacking and endlessly picking the same 11 every game despite the perpetual 0 goal return, and see if we can fluke our way to tedious, marginal safety. F***s sake.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Croxton
November 11, 2017, 10:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
JT and Chris Parker noted all the familiar failings within the first 10 minutes. Hints that some players are getting frustrated with lack of support in attack. Only positive is DJ must be getting nearer to a start. Why does Clarke take throws?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
HertsGTFC
November 11, 2017, 10:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
I'm not as savvy as the likes of Tommy when it comes to understanding the structure of a game, tactics etc.. but since he returned I know enough to understand that there is no substance, style or structure to the way we play.

The reason we are not scoring to me appears two fold,

1 The mid field player don't play as a unit and he has put Summerfiield as the holding player in recent games when actually he can add more going forward, The sooner Osborne comes back the better, providing Slade has the brain power to get the best from him.    

2 The movement off the ball is garbage, I actually think we had better movement with a team of non league players. This "movement" includes strikers dropping off & moving into space in the penalty area.

I'm sure there is more technical reasons but to me this is all about coaching, maybe there was a reason both Slade & Wilco had been out of the game for a bit, maybe we are a product of that?  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
denni266
November 11, 2017, 11:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
It wont get better while we have our non chairman and slade at the club.. not going again untill things change
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.