Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russ post match...
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 409 Guests

Russ post match...

This thread currently has 7,441 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
November 11, 2017, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Well Russell....obviously you were disappointed that we didnt turn up ....obviously you can point out Exeter are up there so was never going to be easy..... however i have a pretty big issue with one of your other points when challenged over our recent scoring record...

You feel we need to take the chances we create...well today i am not sure we actually created one....in recent weeks we have hardly been spoilt regards goal scoring opportunities either....
if you expect to win football games by creating 1 or 2 chances in a game then you need one hell of a strike force to convert those into goals, in fact i am pretty sure there isnt a striker at any level in world football who has a 100% conversion rate, never mind one at League 2 level so if your plan is to keep it tight and convert the minimal chances we have to win the game then it is fundamentally flawed !!

Our leading scorer has a 24% conversion rate so you have to give him at least 4/5 chances to get the goal you need...not 1 chance every 2 or 3 games.

Sort it.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
November 11, 2017, 5:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Factually correct moosey_club, but it will fall on deaf ears at the club, plodding along unaware they are constantly stepping in excrement, then every now and then a puddle to clean off the excrement then everything is rosy.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
gtfcmd
November 11, 2017, 5:48pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
time to say bye bye to clueless idiot need somebody with a plan b or c unlike mr hoof ball
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
Hagrid
November 11, 2017, 5:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Wilko needs a share of the blame too. Clueless all of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
jonnyboy82
November 11, 2017, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Fenty won't sack him because it will make him look like an idiot for appointing a man whos career was in freefall.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
sonofmadeleymariner
November 11, 2017, 6:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
I was always surprised Slade got as far as he actually did. He never really won anything, he made the playoff final a few times and lost everytime I do believe and he kept a few clubs up when they were relegation candidates thats about it.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
Badger57
November 11, 2017, 6:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Hey Russ, not listening, not interested. Just bore off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
November 11, 2017, 6:24pm
Guest User
He really does need to leave, and fast!!
Clueless, Toothless, Dull tactics!! Keeps his best players on the bench or sends them out on loan.

What I hate most is how you have destroyed what this club spent the last 6 years rebuilding!!

Please leave!!! And we will start again because, unlike you, we actually give a Sh1te about this club!!!
Reply: 7 - 52
ginnywings
November 11, 2017, 6:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
What's the point of a new manager? The board get it wrong 90% of the time anyway and we are stuck with godawful players in the main. It will just be different manager, same shite.

May as well put the names of all the managers we could realistically hope to attract into a hat and let a random fan pick one out. The chances of success would be about the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
Mariner93er
November 11, 2017, 6:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
The group of players we have isn't terrible, and I think they'd do ok with a manager who has one ounce of positivity. I'm a positive fan in general, but I'm so relieved at the minute that I live in Birmingham so I don't have to go to Blundell park. I don't even listen on the radio anymore, because there's nothing to listen to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
Madeleymariner
November 11, 2017, 6:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from ginnywings
What's the point of a new manager? The board get it wrong 90% of the time anyway and we are stuck with godawful players in the main. It will just be different manager, same shite.

May as well put the names of all the managers we could realistically hope to attract into a hat and let a random fan pick one out. The chances of success would be about the same.

Managers do make a difference look at Hurst at Shrews and Port Fail since Aspin took charge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
RichMariner
November 11, 2017, 6:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Yep, I'm not someone who usually demands we sack a manager because, like ginnywigs says, history shows we're more than likely to appoint another manager who'll ultimately fall short.

Sackings very rarely work.

But what does work is looking a little further than just the manager. Have we got a strong and sustainable infrastructure? What's our youth set-up like? What's our policy in bringing them through?

Then, if we need a new manager, we get one that's suitable for our situation.

I hate raking over old ground but MB was the right sort of appointment at the time. He built Solihull and Birmingham Ladies from nothing. He had ideas, ambitions and potential.

He did, of course, have flaws - and I don't think the way he flooded our squad with loads of new signings and upset everyone helped in the short term - but he was young and he was looking to build something here too.

Slade isn't a manager who's thinking of tomorrow. He's only thinking today, this season. Look at his track record - no promotions. Decent at keeping teams up, granted. That, to me, says survival and nothing beyond.

What we need is a young, up-and-coming manager who already has a promotion or two on his CV at a lower level who can see what we've got and work with it.

We got it half right with MB. I think he went into it like a bull in a china shop. A bit more patience from someone else looking to prove himself as a FL manager, and who knows which talent to bring up through the leagues with him, is the best way to go.

But for now we have Slade. In terms of records, Bignot was sacked for less (Slade has a worse points-per-game record) so it'll be interesting to see how Fenty plays it if we continue struggling for goals and finish 19th.,

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
ginnywings
November 11, 2017, 6:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Managers do make a difference look at Hurst at Shrews and Port Fail since Aspin took charge

Agreed, but we keep picking the wrong one time and again. Who on our board has any footballing knowledge to speak of?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
grimsby pete
November 11, 2017, 6:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I have no confidence in Fenty finding the right man for the job.

So it makes no difference if Slade stays or goes.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
Mrs Doyle
November 11, 2017, 7:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Don't know what was worse Bigclots team getting hamered playing lop sided systems or Slades lingering death driving fans away through bordom.

Coventry fans did warn us if any where needed. Someone once said defence starts from the front Slade seems to have taken that as gospel but forgot about everyting else.

Seen him from behind the dugout screaming at our attackers to hold it in the corner late on even when we are drawing.

His definition of attack is something you use to hold the carpet in place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
moosey_club
Barley Wine Drinker
oh and the other little nugget when asked for positives to take...

"i thought Summers was again steady"

sorry....saying you thought the naturally more attacking of the centre mid duo having "a steady" game is a positive is shameful.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
TAGG

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Slade must go and take Wilko with him.
He should have never been re employed.
Ive been angry about loads of Fentys decisions but never so more than when he brought that clown back and insisted on bringing another dinosaur in Wilko just to appease some fans.

Fenty just intercourse off before you kill our club.
If you were a true fan like you say you would go for the good of the club you say you love.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
HertsGTFC
November 11, 2017, 7:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from RichMariner
Yep, I'm not someone who usually demands we sack a manager because, like ginnywigs says, history shows we're more than likely to appoint another manager who'll ultimately fall short.

Sackings very rarely work.

But what does work is looking a little further than just the manager. Have we got a strong and sustainable infrastructure? What's our youth set-up like? What's our policy in bringing them through?

Then, if we need a new manager, we get one that's suitable for our situation.

I hate raking over old ground but MB was the right sort of appointment at the time. He built Solihull and Birmingham Ladies from nothing. He had ideas, ambitions and potential.

He did, of course, have flaws - and I don't think the way he flooded our squad with loads of new signings and upset everyone helped in the short term - but he was young and he was looking to build something here too.

Slade isn't a manager who's thinking of tomorrow. He's only thinking today, this season. Look at his track record - no promotions. Decent at keeping teams up, granted. That, to me, says survival and nothing beyond.

What we need is a young, up-and-coming manager who already has a promotion or two on his CV at a lower level who can see what we've got and work with it.

We got it half right with MB. I think he went into it like a bull in a china shop. A bit more patience from someone else looking to prove himself as a FL manager, and who knows which talent to bring up through the leagues with him, is the best way to go.

But for now we have Slade. In terms of records, Bignot was sacked for less (Slade has a worse points-per-game record) so it'll be interesting to see how Fenty plays it if we continue struggling for goals and finish 19th.,

MB was the right "sort" of appointment but just the wrong man, yes he did well at a much lower level than league 2 but only had 3 months experience in the NL never mind the EFL so for me that debacle sits clearly with JF.

We had a "up and coming manager" with 2 promotions on his CV when he arrived and one more on there when he left, problem was that JF and many fans didn't value & appreciate what we actually had.

Slade does have one thing in common with MB and that is they get an easy time from JT in interviews, talk a lot but actually says nothing.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
Meza
November 11, 2017, 7:25pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
There isn't really anyone unless you go lower than national league.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
HertsGTFC
November 11, 2017, 7:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Meza
There isn't really anyone unless you go lower than national league.

Or a coach/assistant manager from the EFL

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
Bigdog
November 11, 2017, 7:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Or a coach/assistant manager from the EFL

A better bet I reckon, a young and hungry assistant from higher up waiting for his chance out of the shadows. Already would be able to measure the playing standards a club like ours should be aspiring to..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
Swansea_Mariner
November 11, 2017, 7:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
I don't think we should be scared to go below the national league to get a new manager, everyone at every level is pretty much a gamble.

Slade is like a death of a thousand cuts, slow and agonising. Frankly I'm just waiting it out until it's over, hopefully it's sooner rather than later, but I think it will take crowd levels to dwindle further to force fenty to sack his mate. Maybe a gate in the 2k level for a league game will set the alarm bells ringing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
FishOutOfWater
November 11, 2017, 7:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings

Agreed, but we keep picking the wrong one time and again. Who on our board has any footballing knowledge to speak of?

I thought the board were just hoping for footballing fortune.... footballing knowledge is something they're not looking for at this time as far as I can tell
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 52
Bigdog
November 11, 2017, 7:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from moosey_club
oh and the other little nugget when asked for positives to take...

"i thought Summers was again steady"

sorry....saying you thought the naturally more attacking of the centre mid duo having "a steady" game is a positive is shameful.

Credit to Luke Summerfield, at least he's having a go.

But let's be honest about it. There isn't going to be a queue of clubs from the top half of this league knocking on our door in the January transfer window for him to be their lynchpin in a promotion push.

If he's our star performer, it shows how far our standards have dropped under Slade..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
November 11, 2017, 7:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

The Board get it wrong?  Are you suggesting that the board, including the highly influential trust member got it wrong.....again?  Or is it the case that the person who in the words of his brother 'keeps putting his head above the parapet', or in my words, displays less football knowledge than can be written on a rizla paper, in 40p pt font, has got it wrong YET AGAIN.

Fenty, you're killing our club, stick to recruiting £5 an hour fish processors because recruiting successful football managers is way beyond you.  You are an utter joke.
Reply: 24 - 52
Grantham_Mariner
November 11, 2017, 8:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Look Russ, Your PLAN A is not working, and when we go behind you have no PLAN B that works either.

Two up front today, two goals down and you make a substitution, push Jones wide and leave one up front. I would suggest that this is not the way to score goals!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
chaos33
November 11, 2017, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
We've got a squad absolutely stuffed with average to below average players. The decent few we have were signed by someone else, bar Dembele.
We don't play any football. We don't create chances. We really don't bother with attacking at all that much and we rarely score a goal. The manager selects the same starting eleven, week after week, snubbing his own signings, that everyone can see are so below par that he dare not pick them, and he has one way of playing, and that's it. He knows his stuff does Slade but he's making a f***ing state of it and the fans will be turning in large numbers. There is absolutely no buzz, or ambition or excitement, or togetherness about the club.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
friskneymariner
November 11, 2017, 9:08pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
We have a squad of has been journeyman who have not allegiance to G.T.F.C. for many of them it will be their last league club.
Some must have felt it was Christmas when they were offered contracts,

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
ginnywings
November 11, 2017, 9:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
The standard of player Slade has attracted this time is way way down on the standard last time. Is there a reason for this? Is it down to budget or the way the game has gone?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2017, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ginnywings
The standard of player Slade has attracted this time is way way down on the standard last time. Is there a reason for this? Is it down to budget or the way the game has gone?

All of the above plus a budget set by someone who doesn't understand the meaning of the word benign.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
chaos33
November 11, 2017, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
I don't think we should be scared to go below the national league to get a new manager, everyone at every level is pretty much a gamble.

Slade is like a death of a thousand cuts, slow and agonising. Frankly I'm just waiting it out until it's over, hopefully it's sooner rather than later, but I think it will take crowd levels to dwindle further to force fenty to sack his mate. Maybe a gate in the 2k level for a league game will set the alarm bells ringing.

I think there'll be barely 3000 there next Saturday. If we lose, play terrible or get 0, we'll fall to sub 3000, and then things will get very difficult. I really hope it doesn't happen, but something has got to change. The system, a few players, I don't know. Russ will have to work it out because it can't continue. Not if they want people to support and turn up and pay home and away. What a crying shame it is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
chaos33
November 11, 2017, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

I strongly suspect that this is a case of 'you get what you pay for'.
Don't you?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
HertsGTFC
November 11, 2017, 9:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Looking at what he inherited I would imagine the payroll budget is an issue I would imagine we won’t be seeing Clements, Asante and Tombola again as I suspect they have been loaned out as an opportunity to garner some interest.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
Gaffer58
November 11, 2017, 9:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Well I've just whatched Republic of Ireland and they were dire, it seems Martin O'Neil and Slade went on the same coaching course, hoof it from the back, hope to get a throw near the opponents area, big throw into the box and hope to win the second ball.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
GrimRob
November 11, 2017, 9:40pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have no confidence in Fenty finding the right man for the job.

So it makes no difference if Slade stays or goes.

PH was a good appointment so he doesn't always get it wrong!

And people say our managers are negative.....

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 52
HertsGTFC
November 11, 2017, 9:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
“Well I've just whatched Republic of Ireland and they were dire, it seems Martin O'Neil and Slade went on the same coaching course, hoof it from the back, hope to get a throw near the opponents area, big throw into the box and hope to win the second ball”.

The difference being that “avoiding defeat” away is essential in a 2 legged tie. At some point in a 46 game season you have to be a bit more adventurous.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2017, 9:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

PH wasn't the appointment though. He got left here because of another.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
friskneymariner
November 11, 2017, 9:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from GrimRob

By the law of average if you make a enough bad decision you are bound to make one that is not so bad,however Scott was one half of that decision,that worked out well didn't it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
Mariner93er
November 11, 2017, 9:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
I'm not so sure we can blame it on the budget. Woolford, Clarke and Dixon have all played at a decent level, and must be on a decent wage. Add them to the other 30 odd players we have and I imagine our wage bill is a lot bigger than people expect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
HertsGTFC
November 11, 2017, 9:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Did he appoint Hurst or “Hurst & Scott”? Did he appoint Hurst when Scott was binned or just “left Hurst to do the job”? Let’s face it at club level joint managers don’t usually work so it could be argued getting H&S in was not a great decision in reality. We only came good when Scott got binned.

Not only is his recruiting record mixed but did he really need to sack Sir Alan 3 when he did ?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
HertsGTFC
November 11, 2017, 9:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
“ I'm not so sure we can blame it on the budget. Woolford, Clarke and Dixon have all played at a decent level, and must be on a decent wage. Add them to the other 30 odd players we have and I imagine our wage bill is a lot bigger than people expect”

I think at our level when you refer to “budget” it’s more wage budget than transfer funds.

We could possibly afford the odd one off decent fee but we hit trouble if the outgoings are bigger than what we have coming in cash wise.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2017, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Dixon was after a deal somewhere else and Woolford wasn't wanted anywhere, just desperate signings by a man devoid of a plan.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
grimsby pete
November 11, 2017, 10:00pm

Exile
Reading all the posts I think the fishy 5 has turned into the fishy 50  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2017, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
Reading all the posts I think the fishy 5 has turned into the fishy 50  

As you have Fenty's mobile Pete, send him a quick text asking him if he regrets replacing Bignot with a clueless never-was!
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
grimsby pete
November 11, 2017, 10:04pm

Exile
Signing so many players over 30 when we already had a  few speaks for itself,

You are not going to play fast flowing football,

Slow it down mate I can not run that fast.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
promotion plaice
November 11, 2017, 10:10pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from MuddyWaters

As you have Fenty's mobile Pete, send him a quick text asking him if he regrets replacing Bignot with a clueless never-was!

And while you're at it Pete can you ask if the Fentydome has any chance of happening......I'm pushing 60 now.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
chaos33
November 11, 2017, 10:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Going back to the original point of thread, why can't Slade just say 'it's not good enough. We can all see that. There need to be some changes and I will sort it'.
At least then it's less of an insult to your intelligence.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
grimsby pete
November 11, 2017, 10:13pm

Exile
Quoted from promotion plaice

And while you're at it Pete can you ask if the Fentydome has any chance of happening......I'm pushing 60 now.

I am pushing 70 mate so I have no chance of seeing my team play in a new stadium imo.

Fenty is as popular in the Labour run council as he is on here.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
moosey_club
November 11, 2017, 11:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
Going back to the original point of thread, why can't Slade just say 'it's not good enough. We can all see that. There need to be some changes and I will sort it'.
At least then it's less of an insult to your intelligence.

thats my worry...he said we werent bright enough or didnt turn them round for the first 18 mins.....well admittedly i was only listening but for the first 40 mins, not 18,  all i heard was..."cross comes into the box from Exeter" ..he was at least quick enough to dig Dixon out as losing his man for the first....
hardly an attempt on goal mustered again, crap defending for their goals and from those who went who have commented an all round pretty inept display.....but listening to him if we had taken our chances we would have won !?!?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
Mrs Doyle
November 12, 2017, 8:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
SLADE QUOTE: “Look, you have to keep it context. We played a good side today and a team that are pushing for an automatic slot right now.”

Sorry Slade i don't want to hear this excrement anymore. We should be conentrating on beating sides not looking for excuses.

They are no bloody Man city full of millionare stars they are NO BIGGER THAN US.

Stop talking the opposition up all the time "oh they got a new manager,they won the last three away games, they are on a decent run of form"

FFS I am sick of hearing it, Truth is we are just treading water and struggling to do that even.

Just parking the bus is not enough Slade yeah you have stuck by this team for weeks but it as no attack to score you need to make chances at least five or six we don't make any.

We need a change of mind set at least Hurst got us to create goals our away form was spot on.

Now even at home first thoughts is defending what the feck imput does Wilkinson have if any?????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
lukeo
November 12, 2017, 8:18am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
I think our team has the making for mid to top half side of league 2, it's just the way we set up and play is dreadful.
Macca
Davies Collins Clarke mills
Dembele Luke berret/osborne/rose tom/anyone with pace.
Jones dj/Asante

The players mentioned above are all half decent for this level, plus some more I haven't named Ie Cardwell. It's the way they have to play that is making us so bad. Most of those play better with the ball at their feet or 2 yards in front of them in space ON THE FLOOR
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
MuddyWaters
November 12, 2017, 8:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
If I remember correctly, JF announced that Slade had been appointed to take us to the next level. Is that down? Why are we filling our starting 11 with old pros? At least 6 of yesterday's team are in their 30's, there's no wonder we play with so little pace.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
The Grim Reaper
November 12, 2017, 1:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
#fickle

Can anyone remember Exeter's start to last season and the calls for him to go??

Can anyone remember where Exeter finished last season and see where they are in league 2 right now?

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russ post match...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.