Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 342 Guests

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 7,067 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
marinernige
November 11, 2017, 5:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
To the hotel

good job 254 fans turned up , because the team certainly didn't .

Slades tactics are sucking the life out of the team , totally clueless .

time for another beer ,
Logged Offline
Private Message
dicko995
November 11, 2017, 5:31pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -249
Gold Stars: 21
Well, not back in Grimsby, but visiting friends in Plymouth,so a took my mate to the match,and what a big mistake. First and foremost,i notice Lincoln were well in command at Crewe,and Hursty commands Division 1. My point?, its what we could of had, or kept. Now, to the game, ha! I applaud the Town fans for travelling down, solely to watch the game, and if I was them, I would be knocking on Blundell Park doors tomorrow for their money back, plus expenses. From the kick off until the final whistle, we were abysmal, not a worthy mention of anything. Slade hasn't got a clue on tactics or subs, we just didn't turn up. Do the players want to play for their manager?, I think not. I am so enraged that this clown was appointed after walking out on us when we played Cheltenham and went to Yeovil. The guy hasn't a clue, and even looking at him in the dugout reminds me of a tramp. Its got to come to a halt Mr.Fenty this Xmas, get rid and admit you was wrong. I'm sorry to the readers of this, I gave Slade the chance to turn us into a team that I would be proud of, this aint gonna happen.For me the season is more or less over. Drab after drab, the players don't know what they are supposed to do, no inventiveness,and no attack, you would think they were told to hold out for 0-0, and after 1-0 down, nothing changed. I am sure there will be late additions on here when the supporters who travelled hundreds of miles to watch this debacle arrive home. It wont be pretty to read, all I can say is, Get rid of the Clown, end of !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
Marinerz93
November 11, 2017, 5:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
When you say "Get rid of the clown" do you mean Fenty or Sladeball, maybe both that would be a great Christmas present.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2017, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Marinerz93
When you say "Get rid of the clown" do you mean Fenty or Sladeball, maybe both that would be a great Christmas present.

Both, we're a fuckingshambles from the top down.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
dapperz fun pub
November 11, 2017, 5:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Feel for the fans who turned up BUT sadly slade is a dinosaur in tactical terms and clearly hasn’t got the know how to change things.  The players he’s brought in are no better than we already had and in some cases much worse. I always thought bringing slade in would at least guarantee our safety but I’m not convinced fully now about that.  Ultimately the buck stops with fenty employing his mate and not searching the market place properly.

Slade out fenty out we need complete change  the club is stale
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
Marinerz93
November 11, 2017, 5:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Both, we're a fuckingshambles from the top down.

Agreed.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
lukeo
November 11, 2017, 5:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Just back home. I wish I'd kept to my original plan and not bothered.
No effort in getting the ball forward until DJ came on, even then it was painful to watch. Same old hoof to no one, no width at all. No pace going forward. Why do we have 2 similar players upfront? You need some pace.
Fans summed it up, at only 1 0 down Luke had the ball around 5 or 6 yards from outside the penalty box and literally no one in the stand battered an eye lid, just Sat still watching. Sounds strange but usually if you have the ball around the area people are standing or shouting etc. Nothing from any of us. It felt drained. Even the moans and shouts at Slade sounded half arsed. No positives today at all if I am honest. Dj looked at but looked shattered after 10mins of being on.
Anyway, hope the lads in Aalst atleast get to watch a decent game later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
fleabag1970
November 11, 2017, 6:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Ffs ... the fans gave  over 100k in cash . 3k sEason tickets sold ... fenty must think we love him .... if you don't like it just stop moaning and stop going to the games . It's the only thing that will force change

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
lukeo
November 11, 2017, 6:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Agree flea bag. My next game will be Swindon away, only because I've never been before and I'd like to see it. Last 4 games I've attended I've gone out of shir love of football and Grimsby town fc, never been 'excited' or up for it because I know I'm going to be disappointed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
mariner91
November 11, 2017, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,248
Gold Stars: 253
I was going to go to Barnet away in a few weeks as its near me. But at £23 a ticket and the fact we're garbage, I'd rather watch Netflix all afternoon.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.