Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade Out (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 106 Guests

Slade Out (merged)

This thread currently has 12,154 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
November 11, 2017, 5:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Sladeball has always been boring but last time we had a striker and other players who could score, this time I believe the budget has seen what sladeball can afford, bottom end with a few lazy clueless players. I don't think we'll go down but I might invest in a neck brace and some sun glasses, we are more likely to knock a seagull out of the air than score at the minute. He'll get another season because someone at the club seems to like lack of ambition and drive.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 73
marinernige
November 11, 2017, 5:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Bigdog
Anyone else get the feeling that we're not safe from the drop this season?

Totally agree , but this time i don't think the fans will rally round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 73
Grimal
November 11, 2017, 5:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from friskneymariner
If only they would say what redeeming features they see in Slade instead of hiding  behnid red cross.

Ok Friskneymariner ,i'm not going to hide behind a red cross , the redeeming features I see in Slade is, When we are both at  GTFC matches It makes me realise I'm not the most stubbon, useless ,pigheaded tw@t there. I've never called for a managers head previously but if he stays I can only see us going in one direction and that doesn't bear thinking about.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 73
Gaffer58
November 11, 2017, 7:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Fenty will not sack Slade at least before the end of the season because he appointed him, he's his mate and it would cost paying his contract up as it seems to be a state secret as to what his contract length is, a bit like Herts police stating they cannot comment on bra gate using terrorism laws. When the club accounts came out earlier you can see why Fenty is happy with mid table as he is looking at getting his money back a bit each year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 73
davmariner
November 11, 2017, 7:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,912
Gold Stars: 79
I'm done with going to games for the foreseeable. Completely fed up with the club from the rude club shop/ticket office, to the non-chairman to the playing squad and manager. Don't deserve my money.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 73
TAGG
November 11, 2017, 7:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from davmariner
I'm done with going to games for the foreseeable. Completely fed up with the club from the rude club shop/ticket office, to the non-chairman to the playing squad and manager. Don't deserve my money.

If I didnt have a ST I would be the same.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 73
ginnywings
November 11, 2017, 7:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
My brother is a season ticket holder and he hasn't been since the Lincoln game. Has no plans to return any time soon, so i said to him, "why don't you sell your season ticket then"? He gave me a knowing look and laughed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 73
Gaffer58
November 11, 2017, 8:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
I have a scuny mate, as punishment I could buy it and make him go!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 73
TheCodfather1966
November 11, 2017, 8:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
This club don't deserve any support at all at the moment.  Time for Slade and Fenty to go, if only there was another financial backer out there. I will having a few games off I think............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 73
headingly_mariner
November 11, 2017, 10:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,341
Gold Stars: 113
Sacking the manager is not the answer. People should be looking for changes in the boardroom. Sack the board and drop the debt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade Out (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.