Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Future of Europe after Brexit.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 55 Guests

Future of Europe after Brexit.

This thread currently has 6,863 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
November 11, 2017, 1:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Future of Europe - European Parliament sets out it's vision.

Have a read and post your views.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/resources/library/media/20171023RES86651/20171023RES86651.pdf

EU Army, no thanks.

[youtube]hBezWPpAdYM[/youtube]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
grimsby pete
November 11, 2017, 3:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Good job we are leaving why do we want a EU Army ?

We have our own, UN and NATO another waste of money,

Lord Digby Jones talks a lot of sense,

I listen to all that talk Q+A  and urge the remainers to do the same.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 60
KingstonMariner
November 11, 2017, 9:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Shakes head.Do you really have to ask why they need a united army?

Today of all days.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 60
KingstonMariner
November 11, 2017, 9:17pm
Meths Drinker
Of course if you're happy to be the tools of the Americans, or see Europe under the Russian jackboot again, you will be saddened by a united, free Europe.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 60
grimsby pete
November 11, 2017, 10:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Today of all days.

Are you really saying we need our own army , UN, NATO AND A  EU ARMY,?

Who the hell are we going to fight ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 60
Marinerz93
November 12, 2017, 11:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Today of all days.

NATO YES, EU Army governed by Brussels NO.

If we stayed in the EU the plan is that as it becomes federal we would concede control of our forces and they will take control and do what they like, as they have already stated they need an EU Army as a show of force to Russia, also they would be able to deploy our forces under Other EU generals.

I've seen this first hand in Afghanistan both in Kabul and Kandahar where other EU countries put in a higher officer rank to dictate operations take overall control. Also whilst serving the EU service personnel are paid an extra £70 a day, the British government refused this payment but other countries took it. Anyone who knows about military spending will know how much it spirals out of control especially if you have a government that wants to prove itself.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 60
LH
November 12, 2017, 11:51pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 167
Without checking aren’t a huge majority of NATO countries also members of the EU?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 60
Marinerz93
November 13, 2017, 9:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH
Without checking aren’t a huge majority of NATO countries also members of the EU?

Let me google that for you  

The NATO countries are: Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Norway, Canada, Iceland, United Kingdom for now, United States. (In bold EU countries in NATO)

In EU but not NATO; Austria, Republic of Cyprus, Finland, Malta, Sweden

Although Trump states that a lot of these countries are not contributing enough and haven't done so for years. So if Trump is saying they aren't paying their way are they not taking security seriously or are they doing it deliberately so NATO breaks up giving the justification of an EU Federal Army.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 60
KingstonMariner
November 14, 2017, 9:53am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

NATO YES, EU Army governed by Brussels NO.

If we stayed in the EU the plan is that as it becomes federal we would concede control of our forces and they will take control and do what they like, as they have already stated they need an EU Army as a show of force to Russia, also they would be able to deploy our forces under Other EU generals.

I've seen this first hand in Afghanistan both in Kabul and Kandahar where other EU countries put in a higher officer rank to dictate operations take overall control. Also whilst serving the EU service personnel are paid an extra £70 a day, the British government refused this payment but other countries took it. Anyone who knows about military spending will know how much it spirals out of control especially if you have a government that wants to prove itself.

So you're saying this extra £70 a day is wrong, or not justified?

You think we have real freedom of action under NATO? Ultimately, yes, a federal Europe would mean loss of sovereignty. The reality is we have no real say and are the Americans poodle. I'd rather be part of something where we have a say, that is closer to home. But as it is we're going to be out of the EU so I don't know why people are worried about the EU getting on with it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 60
KingstonMariner
November 14, 2017, 9:59am
Meths Drinker
PS, the fact there are EU countries not part of NATO shows that there is justification for an EU army. For example, what's caused more tension with Russia, the Baltic states join NATO or Finland remaining out of NATO?

I suspect that the countries not spending enough on defence are doing so not to deliberately undermine NATO which I assume they freely joined, than simple economic choice about where they spend their money. Might not be the right choice but ....

PPS on the one hand you're complaining about NATO members not spending enough and in the other breath complain about them spending too much (the extra £70 a day pay). Sounds like you're just a Europhobe who likes to complain.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 60
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Future of Europe after Brexit.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.