8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
November 11, 2017, 4:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from grimsby pete
The thing about Tom is he does not know what he is going to do next so the defenders have no chance .

He is better suited to non league where he will be a success,

He did score one of the best goals seen at the Park last season though.

yeah there hasn't been many mate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 75
Swansea_Mariner
November 11, 2017, 9:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
With his attributes you can see why Hurst took a chance, he must have thought he could coach structure into his game. No doubt in my mind if it could have been done then there would be one hell of a player in there so it was probably worth a punt.

Some things just don't work out, fine lines and all that. I don't think he's the worst winger on our books but as others have said maybe he's the only one that someone wants at this present time.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 75
Stranger in the Park
November 11, 2017, 2:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -189
Gold Stars: 7
I think Hurst thought he'd found another LJL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 75
toontown
November 11, 2017, 3:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
People saying he has no end product but used in the right way he did - doesn't need to make a cross or pass, If he kept goin the defenders were so afraid of his pace they would bring him down and he'd win a pen. Scored the odd goal too. Even if that didn't happen he would win corners and throws near the box or at least get us up the pitch with his running.
Way more end product than Kelly, no contest whatsoever. If a goal was needed who would u rather be able to bring on Tombola or kelly?
Not necessarily a starter but decent option from the bench. I don't doubt that we couldn't get rid of kelly on loan anyway tho, who would want him? Sixth tier just maybe. Chambers went to the sixth tier didn't he and he was noticeably better than kelly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 75
toontown
November 11, 2017, 3:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Kelly doesn't have a beginning product never mind an end one!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 75
SUFC
November 11, 2017, 11:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +39
Quoted from forza ivano
Thanks for your thoughts sufc Can you keep us up to date as to how he gets on please? IMHO he's a typical national league player, with league 2 being a step too far, but I'd love to be proved wrong

Of course I will, he played today, put in a good cross on 8 mins for a goal that was chalked off. One attribute not mentioned here is that his pace can be bloody helpful getting back and saving the day, one great saving tackle today when the fwd was in on goal.

Video in the morning...      
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tombola back to sutton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.