8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
November 10, 2017, 9:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Slade in his first stint he pulled off a masterstroke converting a raw pacey forward with little end product into arguably the best attacking fullback/wingback in the division in Gary Cohen.Buckley had done the same with Macca and Croft I am amazed RS hasn`t gone down this route to get some pace in the side on the flanks unless he has tried it in training but Tombola not upto it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 75
sam gy
November 10, 2017, 9:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,386
Gold Stars: 53
Gotta love The Fishy.

Bolly is OK. He’s raw, and unpredictable but lacks end product and ultimately, whilst useful, is probably not good enough for this level. This has pretty much been the unanimous opinion of him on here. Until yesterday when Slade decided to loan him out.

Slade gets bashed if he ever take off Dembele. He gets bashed for not playing DJ enough. Last time I checked we can only really play two wingers at a time. I’m pretty sure Bolly is a right winger and has barely played on the left ever? Fair enough wingers often swap these days and I know Woolford hasn’t exactly set the world alight, but I still think he’s a better option than Bolly, and even then, people want DJ to play so..

“Slade doesn’t like fast wingers”
See Dembele and DJ

“I’d rather get rid of Dixon”
Dixon is a left back, Bolly is a right footed winger…

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 75
forza ivano
November 10, 2017, 10:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from sam gy
Gotta love The Fishy.

Bolly is OK. He’s raw, and unpredictable but lacks end product and ultimately, whilst useful, is probably not good enough for this level. This has pretty much been the unanimous opinion of him on here. Until yesterday when Slade decided to loan him out.

Slade gets bashed if he ever take off Dembele. He gets bashed for not playing DJ enough. Last time I checked we can only really play two wingers at a time. I’m pretty sure Bolly is a right winger and has barely played on the left ever? Fair enough wingers often swap these days and I know Woolford hasn’t exactly set the world alight, but I still think he’s a better option than Bolly, and even then, people want DJ to play so..

“Slade doesn’t like fast wingers”
See Dembele and DJ

“I’d rather get rid of Dixon”
Dixon is a left back, Bolly is a right footed winger…

for christ's sake sam, i think i've warned you before about bringing facts into an argument. you're going to upset people like Tagg, who know that a 27 year old who's only ever played a handful of league games is a good player and that Slade, who's managed hundreds of pro matches knows fook all (see post 8 of the thread).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 75
Kris2
November 10, 2017, 10:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
I think this would have been inevitable even if Slade wasn't the manager. I do like Tombola because you never know what will happen when he gets the ball and he does have some use in scaring defences that it can cause them to make mistakes. The problem is that something useful happens when he gets the ball maybe 25% of the time and the rest he kinda lumbers around with clumsy legs and loses the ball somehow.

Had he adjusted to this level things would have probably been different and he'd be a regular starter but he's not managed that under any manager. Hurst said early on that he didn't feel he had the fitness levels to see out a full game after seeing him get blown up after 15 minutes. I don't think he's really improved as a footballer since signing for us and while entertaining in short bursts he's probably just not good enough for league football.

At least he'll be able to play and will probably be happier. He's probably better off dropping down a league where pace and raw power can be successful.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 75
Jarmo.Is.God
November 10, 2017, 10:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Zmariner
Personally, I am losing a bit of patience with Slade. Seeing Woolford amble down the line with not a chance of beating his man Is a waste of a place. Kelly, well who knows but the signs are not good. I would have kept Bolly in preference to Kelly Dixon and Woolford and so I guess this speaks volumes about how I feel about slades recruitment policy UTM

Personally, Woolford, Dembele, DJ & Osborne when he returns are ahead of Bolly in the pecking order.

And with Osborne close to returning, this makes sense...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 75
Zmariner
November 10, 2017, 10:47am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
All about opinions, for me we are very poor going forward as it is borne out by Goal scored. I would Try to off load Woolford and Kelly and given Bolly a run as We create next to nothing utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 75
Abdul19
November 10, 2017, 10:55am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
I suspect the reason it's Bolarinwa leaving and not Kelly is because a club actually wanted to sign him.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 75
arryarryarry
November 10, 2017, 11:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from forza ivano

for christ's sake sam, i think i've warned you before about bringing facts into an argument. you're going to upset people like Tagg, who know that a 27 year old who's only ever played a handful of league games is a good player and that Slade, who's managed hundreds of pro matches knows fook all (see post 8 of the thread).

I take it that you and Sam gy don't get to many games.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 75
sam gy
November 10, 2017, 11:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,386
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from arryarryarry

I take it that you and Sam gy don't get to many games.

I’ve been to enough games to form the opinion that whilst Tom is an OK player, he’s ultimately probably never going to be a regular starter, so I won’t be losing sleep over a 3 month loan deal whilst he’s not in the frame. Hurst, Bignot and Slade have all watched him in training every day and it would seem that they all would agree on this.

I’ve also seen enough games to form the opinion that whilst Dixon isn’t the best left back we’ve ever had, I wouldn’t see getting rid of him instead of Bolarinwa as a very wise move.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 75
arryarryarry
November 10, 2017, 12:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from sam gy

I’ve been to enough games to form the opinion that whilst Tom is an OK player, he’s ultimately probably never going to be a regular starter, so I won’t be losing sleep over a 3 month loan deal whilst he’s not in the frame. Hurst, Bignot and Slade have all watched him in training every day and it would seem that they all would agree on this.

I’ve also seen enough games to form the opinion that whilst Dixon isn’t the best left back we’ve ever had, I wouldn’t see getting rid of him instead of Bolarinwa as a very wise move.

Which games have you seen Bolarinwa play in?

As for Dixon, who has suggested that we should get rid of him instead of TB?

Are you happy that Woolford starts every game?
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tombola back to sutton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.