This thread currently has 10,911 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
November 9, 2017, 7:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Another player who seems to have turned into a very good player whilst not in the team.

Not a league footballer imo and at 27 (?) he ain't gonna improve much either

Good luck to him
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 75
Mrs Doyle
November 9, 2017, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
He's better than some of the dross we seem lumbered with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 75
Maringer
November 9, 2017, 7:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,394
Gold Stars: 184
A bloke we work with is a big Sutton fan (goes to most games home and away) and he couldn't speak highly enough of Bolarinwa and was very surprised he wasn't getting even in our squad. I'd imagine he'll be delighted that he's returning.

You might say that this looks to be the last we'll see of him, but then the same thing was said about Berrett and Summerfield last season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 75
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2017, 8:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Maringer
A bloke we work with is a big Sutton fan (goes to most games home and away) and he couldn't speak highly enough of Bolarinwa and was very surprised he wasn't getting even in our squad. I'd imagine he'll be delighted that he's returning.

You might say that this looks to be the last we'll see of him, but then the same thing was said about Berrett and Summerfield last season!

So Tom will be back when we change manager again  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 75
moosey_club
November 9, 2017, 8:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,197
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Maringer

Well unless Slade leaves then i cant see it....Summers and Bez were brought back into the fold by Slade not shipped out by Slade.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 75
jonnyboy82
November 9, 2017, 9:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Only at gtfc.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 75
HistonMariner
November 9, 2017, 10:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 13
Whether or not Tombola would ever have cemented a regular plaice(!) in the team is debatable.
What I think is undebatable is 1) He provided more impact from the bench than anyone else in the current squad
(a case forJaiyesimi could be argued ) 2) The lack of proper regular reserve team football vis-a-vis the old Central
League, is surely missed.
Such an environment under Town’s watchful eye and control would help more than just Tombola (McAllister ?) - a proper competitive league where youngsters play and learn alongside those fighting for a plaice(!),those returning from injury and those dropped to recover their form.
The Central League as was or the farce of a trophy that attracts 248 fans?
Good Luck to Tom.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 26 - 75
chaos33
November 9, 2017, 10:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Bit of a shame he hasn't had more of a chance, but, in the interests of accuracy - he was signed by Hurst, who promptly seemed reluctant to start him, as did Bignot, who also used him as an occasional sub, and the same goes for Slade. To make out that Slade has failed to coach him into an asset is just daft. Seems to me that all of the last 3 managers haven't really rated him enough to command a starting place in a middling L2 team, and therefore that the player himself probably isn't good enough at 27 years old, despite, IMO, looking quite an effective impact sub. Makes his 3 year contract look a a farce, and it wasn't Mr Slade who gave him that. It was your ear cupping Yorkshire jester Mr Hurst.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 75
denni266
November 9, 2017, 10:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
Not sure what to make of this one.. imo he is better than some in the team , but slade seems to be having a mini clear out, could be saving on wages ready for someone lined up in the next window, or maby they just dont like gardening  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 75
louth_in_the_south
November 9, 2017, 10:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,646
Gold Stars: 94
Never really saw what a lot of others saw in him tbh . A player who knocked around a lot of very moderate southern non league teams to the age of 25 and never looked more than an average non league player with pace but not enough else to really trouble half decent L2 defences .
Good luck in the future but can’t think he’ll really be missed .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tombola back to sutton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.