HertsGTFC
November 9, 2017, 12:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Civvy at last

Of course it's a freedom of choice.  Just as attending the Checkatwat trophy is a freedom of choice.  No-one should be ridiculed or given grief for attending.  But there is nothing wrong with trying to organise some form of protest over what happened.  I was there for the last two seasons and will not be going that's for sure.
Lets see how many actually attend next seasons game there (obviously if we are both in same league) and then you will have a rough estimate of those who actually attended this season but will boycott next.
My guess is it will be quite a few.  But for those who wish to go, I genuinely hope you see us romp to victory and that it is a pleasant experience.  Whatever happens, I would wager there is a severe change in attitude towards our fans for the better from the Stewards etc.

Your optimism is quite refreshing Civvy, from Stevenage's behavior in response to this issue I would not bet on any improvement,  

Clearly GTFC don't feel it's appropriate to openly comment or back a boycott but they could take action to support people who did not want to go by opening the bars on the day and showing the game on i follow or something similar.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 58
LondonMariner43
November 9, 2017, 9:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Richard Cranium
I will not boycott any Grimsby Town game under any circumstances and will not be dictated to.

Shame you get so many red crosses for wanting to support your team.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 58
LondonMariner43
November 9, 2017, 9:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
The fans on their messageboard (Borochat) seem just as arrogant. Must be a local attitude I guess. !!

Whereas posters on The Fishy are full of selfless humility and never arrogant...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 58
Ipswin
November 9, 2017, 10:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Grimsby must be knee deep in noses cut off to spite faces.

Boycotting the game will not hurt Stevenage one iota. Far better to turn up in even larger numbers than this season. Stick up two fingers, if you must then take the p!ss by the men wearing bras and the ladies not wearing any just in case the stewards haven't learned their lesson - but I suspect strongly that they will have.
Stevenage can deny it happened as much as they like but they aren't going to risk it happening again that's for sure so I think stewarding will be very low key so explosives, Uzis, anti-personnel mines and AK47s can be carried openly in Lidl, Aldi or Pound Shop carrier bags or down the legs of shell suits with impunity.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 58
Ipswin
November 9, 2017, 10:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
The fans on their messageboard (Borochat) seem just as arrogant. Must be a local attitude I guess. !!

Only because some sillycunt called Ancient Mariner keeps winding them up. He's still at it otherwise they would have forgotten it by now - in fact perhaps we should do the same

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 58
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2017, 10:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
In answer to herts' question. I went last season and this and won't be going unless there's an about turn by Stevenage. And neither will the other 3 people who went with me.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2017, 10:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

[/b]

Your optimism is quite refreshing Civvy, from Stevenage's behavior in response to this issue I would not bet on any improvement,  

Clearly GTFC don't feel it's appropriate to openly comment or back a boycott but they could take action to support people who did not want to go by opening the bars on the day and showing the game on i follow or something similar.   

That's a damned good idea.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 58
GrimRob
November 10, 2017, 12:57pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Let people boycott it if they want to and go if they want to. Both sides have their points. In reality, everyone who wants to go should be free to go and not bullied into boycotting a game if they don't feel it appropriate.

Personally, I think away fans are too often treated as an inconvenience and a security problem (Mansfield was a joke). A lot of clubs would be delighted just to get rid of them entirely like Luton tried in the 80s. So I think it's playing into their hands by not going at all.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 58
grimsby pete
November 10, 2017, 4:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
If you do not go they will be thousands of pounds down on the day.

Just saying,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › #Stevenage Boycott

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.