bax
November 6, 2017, 4:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Do the Trust get a vote on any proposed agenda points & motions?

On the club's board? Yes, of course.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 93
Gaffer58
November 6, 2017, 4:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
So if myself and 6 mates all agreed to put in this £30k each could we then get onto the board, then could we have the majority vote on issues?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 93
Southwark Mariner
November 6, 2017, 5:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 80
Just a thought...is there any mention in the GTFC accounts acknowledging the Trust's contribution? Perhaps it's something that is mentioned in the GTFC boardroom or perhaps it will be at the AGM....but it would be nice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 93
Bigdog
November 6, 2017, 5:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
It may be about time for the Trust to set out a longer term aim to help the club change permanently for the better rather than feeding a pretty stale status quo.

For the lack of influence the Trust has within the club other than giving money to spend (and there's a question of how effectively it's spent), surely by continuing to gift money to the incumbents it's not helping to effect any significant change for the better, merely helping those that seemingly hold us back.

With more than £250k from the Trust, £200k in shares, £100k in OP money, £500k in shares by MP, that's more than half the benign loan amount without imparting any influence at all. Yet all are treated with indifference, disdain and taken for granted or ignored on so many occasions.

I admire the efforts of everyone at the Trust 1000%, but I think looking long term it maybe better for the money to be pigeon holed for a greater cause than feeding as Moosey put it, "a one way street."

I've said it before, there is a question of morality around all of this and it needs addressing. I'm sick and tired of the inequity which has only been effected by the dark arts of securing a single position..

I don't want another fifteen years of Fentyball for myself and I don't want another fifteen years of Fentyball for all our long suffering fans. I'm sick to the back teeth of it..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 93
MuddyWaters
November 6, 2017, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Bigdog
It may be about time for the Trust to set out a longer term aim to help the club change permanently for the better rather than feeding a pretty stale status quo.

For the lack of influence the Trust has within the club other than giving money to spend (and there's a question of how effectively it's spent), surely by continuing to gift money to the incumbents it's not helping to effect any significant change for the better, merely helping those that seemingly hold us back.

With more than £250k from the trust, £200k in shares, £100k in OP money, £500k in shares by MP, that's more than half the benign loan amount without imparting any influence at all. Yet all are treated with indifference, disdain and taken for granted or ignored on so many occasions.

I admire the efforts of everyone at the Trust 1000%, but I think looking long term it maybe better for the money to be pigeon holed for a greater cause than feeding as Moosey put it, "a one way street."

I've said it before, there is a question morality around all of this and it needs addressing. I'm sick and tired of the inequity which has only been effected by the dark arts of securing a single position..

I don't want another fifteen years of Fentyball for myself and I don't want another fifteen years of Fentyball for all our long suffering fans. I'm sick to the back teeth of it..

Totally with you Bigdog. Perhaps naively, I had no idea that on top of everything else, the Trust had to pay for a seat at the big table. I have massive respect for all of you guys who put so much effort into what the Trust do but I feel compelled to ask whether you feel your efforts are worth the outcomes you get?
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 93
HertsGTFC
November 6, 2017, 5:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,630
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Gaffer58
So if myself and 6 mates all agreed to put in this £30k each could we then get onto the board, then could we have the majority vote on issues?

You would have to be co-opted on I assume, I was wondering if the Trust are putting £30K PA in are the other directors still stumping up £30K of their own money a year for the "privilege" of a seat?  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 93
bax
November 6, 2017, 5:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

With more than £250k from the trust, £200k in shares, £100k in OP money, £500k in shares by MP, that's more than half the benign loan amount without imparting any influence at all. Yet all are treated with indifference, disdain and taken for granted or ignored on so many occasions.

I've said it before, there is a question morality around all of this and it needs addressing. I'm sick and tired of the inequity which has only been effected by the dark arts of securing a single position..

If members tell us this, we can act upon it. It's easy to sit behind the anonymity of a computer screen, it's much more difficult to put your head above the parapet and to get involved. And I speak from experience as I did the latter and I wanted to do something about it, so joined the Trust and ended up on the board. But the Trust has to be member-led. The more people get involved, the more we can collectively do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 93
bax
November 6, 2017, 5:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Totally with you Bigdog. Perhaps naively, I had no idea that on top of everything else, the Trust had to pay for a seat at the big table. I have massive respect for all of you guys who put so much effort into what the Trust do but I feel compelled to ask whether you feel your efforts are worth the outcomes you get?

I can only speak personally, but that feeling of Nathan Arnold's goal at Wembley was worth every single second I put in voluntarily during Operation Promotion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 93
oldun
November 6, 2017, 5:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I thought that the Trust contribution to the club was to be used for specific expenditure, e.g youth development/expenses, rather than just disappear into the general club income. Can the Trust not say how it wants the money spent each year. Improving toilet facilities would be a good start. Something tangible because at the moment the Trust don't seem to know what has happened to their hard earned money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 93
Bigdog
November 6, 2017, 5:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from bax

If members tell us this, we can act upon it. It's easy to sit behind the anonymity of a computer screen, it's much more difficult to put your head above the parapet and to get involved. And I speak from experience as I did the latter and I wanted to do something about it, so joined the Trust and ended up on the board. But the Trust has to be member-led. The more people get involved, the more we can collectively do.

Sent you a PM Bax..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust AGM

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.