13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
November 5, 2017, 7:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Match highlights          http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41872919

Don't know about Dixon but WTF was Berret? (no.7) doing just stood there and let him waltz into the box ffs he should have at least made a challenge even a foul from outside the box at that angle they would have to do something special to score.

No.7 to blame all day long for me.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 120
MuddyWaters
November 5, 2017, 7:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from TAGG

Im to old to be in the FIFA generation.
Our left side is as bad as we have had in the last 10 seasons.
Dixon is a bad defender and hopeless going forward.
Woolford has a good football brain but not the body to go with it thats why I call him the slug.
These two get in the side because they drop into the manager negative footballing ethos.
Im not scapegoating them its just that they are not good enough, we seem to be getting hammed defensively and have no threat offensively down that side.

Whilst I agree with the comments about our left side, you aren't going to win many games if you fail to score on such a regular basis. When you look at Slade's 5 attacking signings (Hooper, Matt, DJ, Dembele and Cardwell), the latter three have not played in the league before coming here and the other 2 have got a scoring record of approximately 1 goal in every 5 games. I'm not saying we should break the bank but it's no good making a million quid and then losing it again because no-one wants to watch 'Grimsby nil' every week.
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 120
TAGG
November 5, 2017, 7:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,964
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Whilst I agree with the comments about our left side, you aren't going to win many games if you fail to score on such a regular basis. When you look at Slade's 5 attacking signings (Hooper, Matt, DJ, Dembele and Cardwell), the latter three have not played in the league before coming here and the other 2 have got a scoring record of approximately 1 goal in every 5 games. I'm not saying we should break the bank but it's no good making a million quid and then losing it again because no-one wants to watch 'Grimsby nil' every week.

Its like im always saying on here that if the front men dont get any service or support the strikers will never never have a chance to prove themselves.
As for not playing before Dembelis doing okay👍

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 120
MuddyWaters
November 5, 2017, 7:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

Its like im always saying on here that if the front men dont get any service or support the strikers will never never have a chance to prove themselves.
As for not playing before Dembelis doing okay👍

I know Dembele is doing OK but how much better would he be doing with a decent striker who moves into threatening areas to play with?
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 120
ginnywings
November 5, 2017, 10:02am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from TAGG

Im to old to be in the FIFA generation.
Our left side is as bad as we have had in the last 10 seasons.
Dixon is a bad defender and hopeless going forward.
Woolford has a good football brain but not the body to go with it thats why I call him the slug.
These two get in the side because they drop into the manager negative footballing ethos.
Im not scapegoating them its just that they are not good enough, we seem to be getting hammed defensively and have no threat offensively down that side.

Do we? 3 goals conceded in the last 6 league games and they were in away victories.

Not scoring is the problem but somehow that seems to be Dixon's fault. He's not nearly as bad as people are claiming.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 120
MuddyWaters
November 5, 2017, 10:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Do we? 3 goals conceded in the last 6 league games and they were in away victories.

Not scoring is the problem but somehow that seems to be Dixon's fault. He's not nearly as bad as people are claiming.

Problem is that he's not Danny Andrew.
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 120
ginnywings
November 5, 2017, 10:39am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Problem is that he's not Danny Andrew.

'Tis true, but i seem to recall Andrew got better as the season wore on, after he had been out of the game for a while.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 120
HertsGTFC
November 5, 2017, 11:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,878
Gold Stars: 227
If we got the ball down and worked harder at moving into space to receive it I reckon that most of our players would look better.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 120
MuddyWaters
November 5, 2017, 11:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
If we got the ball down and worked harder at moving into space to receive it I reckon that most of our players would look better.

Very true - it's hard to make passes to players who are marked and don't try to lose their markers.
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 120
KingstonMariner
November 5, 2017, 11:57am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Civvy at last

Yup. Purely Grimsby. No other player at any other team has had stick.  Fans of every other team in the country are always 100% behind all their players and management whatever happens !!

Whether or not the criticism is justified (personally I think he is the weak link) is one thing.  But calling it a ‘Grimsby’ or a ‘fishy’ trait is total bollox.  It happens at nearly every team worldwide.

That's a bit like saying celebrating Christmas isn't a British tradition because they do it worldwide.

I don't know if fans of other clubs do it (I tend not to be that interested) but we do have a habit of over-criticising one individual at a time. Bit of a mob mentality.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 120
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plymouth Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.