This thread currently has 3,062 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
devon mariner
November 3, 2017, 10:32pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +111
Bristol City FC statement - Bailey Wright Bristol City FC has released a statement, following news that

https://search.app.goo.gl/w7fB

Shared from my Google feed

Shiws that they have no idea

Forever Black and White
Logged Offline
Private Message
TAGG
November 3, 2017, 11:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,974
Gold Stars: 123
Was the panel made up of the Three blind mice????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
KingstonMariner
November 3, 2017, 11:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Sorry Devon but the decision was taken by the FA not the EFL.

And can we stop calling it the frigging 'EFL'? Don't comply with their bloody rebranding initiatives. The Football League. No need to distinguish it from the French Ligue or the Bundesliga or the Veikausliiga (or whatever it's called these days), because it is the Football League, the original. It only needs the tag 'English' if you're trying to sell it abroad along with its soul like a cutprice Premier League (or whatever 'brand' name it is this week).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
moosey_club
November 3, 2017, 11:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,193
Gold Stars: 224
Was he pushed over ?  Yes

Did he exaggerate the fall/contact ? Yes

Does that equal simulation by the points to be considered....Probably not.

However...in my book...anyone who clutches a part of the body that hasnt physically been touched/harmed/injured and rolls around or plays dead deserves everything he gets.

From what i see...he was pushed in the chest....but flew back and put his hands to his face as if he was KO'd...man up mofo.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
LH
November 3, 2017, 11:36pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Sorry Devon but the decision was taken by the FA not the EFL.

And can we stop calling it the frigging 'EFL'? Don't comply with their bloody rebranding initiatives. The Football League. No need to distinguish it from the French Ligue or the Bundesliga or the Veikausliiga (or whatever it's called these days), because it is the Football League, the original. It only needs the tag 'English' if you're trying to sell it abroad along with its soul like a cutprice Premier League (or whatever 'brand' name it is this week).

Hear hear. Was just thinking this myself when I saw that Talksport had “The EFL Show” on while I was driving home. If I remember right it was changed to make it more saleable abroad as it was a better brand. A better brand than being the original football league? The basis for the majority of domestic club leagues worldwide? Really? Why do we need to sell it to foreigners when the grounds aren’t filled for the majority of the games?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
KingstonMariner
November 4, 2017, 12:37am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Next 'they' will want us to call the FA Cup the English Cup (EFA Cup?). intercourse that. The other national associations are known by their country name but not the FA or the League.

It's never been known as the English Football League so how do you jump to EFL as an abbreviation. It's the Football League. Never been any need to qualify it by the national adjective. Ships are not known as HMBS Ark Royal or whatever, but are known as the USS Maryland, even the HMAS Kevin Bloody Wilson. It's not the BRN or the BRAF (though strangely it is the British Army). Not even to Americans. That's not nationalistic arrogance. It's just factual.

intercourse Caribou or whatever Thai drink they want us to pour down our throats (Singha excepted   ).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
Mrs Doyle
November 4, 2017, 8:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from moosey_club
Was he pushed over ?  Yes

Did he exaggerate the fall/contact ? Yes

Does that equal simulation by the points to be considered....Probably not.

However...in my book...anyone who clutches a part of the body that hasnt physically been touched/harmed/injured and rolls around or plays dead deserves everything he gets.

From what i see...he was pushed in the chest....but flew back and put his hands to his face as if he was KO'd...man up mofo.

Spot on the player as faked a assault to get the player sent off he was merely fended away to prevent colliding what's all the fuss about it happens in most games. The difference is most honest players would get up and be determined to beat their opponent at the next opportunity the player was probably to good against him.

Remember Michael Owen and Sherar commenting conning the ref to get a defender booked or sent off was all part of a strikers armoury my respect for them dropped instantly after hearing that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
Cloudy
November 4, 2017, 8:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I get just as angry when I see this over exaggeration as the simulation and makes my blood boil when all the ex pro's on TV & radio trot out the line 'there was contact so he is entitled to go down'.

NO it is cheating, always has been always will be in my book.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
promotion plaice
November 4, 2017, 9:09am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Definitely cheating in my book.........I hear Barcelona are after him after that      (allegedly)

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
ginnywings
November 4, 2017, 9:39am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
I'd be embarrassed if i'd gone down like that after what is essentially a bit of a shove. Does my head in all this holding of the face business. The other one that galls is when they put their hand to their face/head whatever, then desperately look at their hand for some blood to justify their fakery. Just get on with the game you fanny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another own goal by EFL

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.