1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
psgmariner
October 31, 2017, 2:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Another reminder from me that if you are about to buy something online then please go through easy fundraising. It won't cost you a penny but will make money for the Trust. If you haven't signed up yet do it NOW by clicking on this link:

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/

This initiative has raised over £6,800 already. Dead easy and costs you nowt. Only 107 folk are using it though, so would be great if we could all start using it for the dreaded Black Friday, Christmas shopping period....

UTM.

Private Message
barralad
October 31, 2017, 3:55pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from psgmariner
Another reminder from me that if you are about to buy something online then please go through easy fundraising. It won't cost you a penny but will make money for the Trust. If you haven't signed up yet do it NOW by clicking on this link:

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/

This initiative has raised over £6,800 already. Dead easy and costs you nowt. Only 107 folk are using it though, so would be great if we could all start using it for the dreaded Black Friday, Christmas shopping period....

UTM.

A timely reminder mate with Christmas coming up. Thanks for your support..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
realist
November 1, 2017, 1:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
I thought easyfundraising was to raise money for good causes?  Raising money to support a for profit business appears a bit unethical to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
1mickylyons
November 1, 2017, 2:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from realist
I thought easyfundraising was to raise money for good causes?  Raising money to support a for profit business appears a bit unethical to me.

A bit like putting taxpayers money into Icelandic banks Andrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
psgmariner
November 1, 2017, 3:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from realist

You can pick a different cause if you wish. As long as the additional free cashback goes somewhere that's better than nothing. My choice would be the Trust but yeah it's up to you.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
KingstonMariner
November 1, 2017, 3:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from realist

The Trust is a not for profit public interest company. If it eventually takes over control of the football club, that will in effect be a subsidiary of a NFP company. It'd be out of the hands of your nemesis John Fenty. Surely you'd support that?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
Helgy
November 1, 2017, 7:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
That's a great total had mine running for over 6 years but only raised just over £2,000 can't seem to get people to engage in it.
Looks like you have to great effect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
1mickylyons
November 2, 2017, 10:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Helgy
That's a great total had mine running for over 6 years but only raised just over £2,000 can't seem to get people to engage in it.
Looks like you have to great effect.

Not a p1sstake Helgy but with your increased support you should probably push this again mate and cash in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
Helgy
November 2, 2017, 2:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Not a p1sstake Helgy but with your increased support you should probably push this again mate and cash in.

I did try but will again, might try a different angle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
psgmariner
November 2, 2017, 3:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
One idea we did was to pick out a few easy ones like free SIM cards etc that didn't even require fans to part with any money. I haven't looked for a while but think last time there was about £8 worth of donations like this.

It's more about getting fans to routinely use it every time they shop online. I have a chrome add on that alerts me every time I'm on a website that gives donations. Sadly neither this site or x hamster are affiliates which accounts for 95% of my browsing....

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Easy Fundraising for the Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.