Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Town's last ever programme in Division 1 1947-8
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 245 Guests

Town's last ever programme in Division 1 1947-8

This thread currently has 2,611 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
October 25, 2017, 8:33pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Caveman
I remember listening to the commentary of the game which was broadcast
on the radio. Towards the end of the match Arsenal were awarded a penalty
and the commentator said " Tweedy, the Grimsby goalkeeper didn't even
try to save it "

Little did I think at the time I would never see my club again in the top division.

I can't remember what I did yesterday  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
cannylad68
October 26, 2017, 8:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
I also have a copy.
I posted on here some time ago, that one of the inside forwards in the programme for Town, was a school teacher at Immingham secondary school.
He didn't play though.

How football has changed since then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Town's last ever programme in Division 1 1947-8

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.