Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NEW STADIUM
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 77 Guests

NEW STADIUM

This thread currently has 26,140 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
October 20, 2017, 2:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from crusty ole pie
It would not hurt for thevoiveofreason just to pop up on here and say things are still on stream moving a little slowly than hoped or something similar 6 months without mentioning it is too long

Getyourfactsright.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 176
MuddyWaters
October 20, 2017, 2:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ginnywings

Getyourfactsnamesright.  

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 176
moosey_club
October 20, 2017, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
It does appear to be not being mentioned a lot apart from on here. As mentioned, other clubs get theirs sorted, only with this council de fruityarse drags his heels.
!

As much of  a pantomime villain he is, the club havn't put any solid plans or applications forward yet have they? ..so he or any opposition cant actually block, drag or obstruct anything !!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 176
golfer
October 20, 2017, 4:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Who on earth is going to invest in this town-there is that much building land not used already so why would anybody want to buy land for building houses never mind shopping centres. We don't even need a cinema-the council had one earmarked for the white elephant Macauley street/Cromwell Road site-then there is going to be one at the Riverhead-NOT. Ramsdens has shut down and intend to build a shopping centre nearby-NOT    The Precinct shopping centre is struggling--both markets have more empty stalls than those in use.Un employment is down every street-who are these developers hoping to get their profits from-can't see it being in my lifetime.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 176
crusty ole pie
October 20, 2017, 4:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,310
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Laugh out loud o yes him too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 176
HertsGTFC
October 20, 2017, 5:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
It never ceases to amaze me how fukin stupid people are we spend all that time debating and arguing about PP when it's not even the best site, of we can't choose the most appropriate site how will we ever get the thing built?

Extreme lesuire ? Why would we get into bed with a company that just appears to be a web site and has never built anything like this before?

This "proposal" as it is in reality only that at this stage is essential for GTFC to move forward without a doubt but a number of questions cause me concern,

1 How much debt will it land is in?
2 Have the accountants identified the break even point to service that debt?
3 In reality how many home supporters do the club truly believe they can attract each week that make this work?
4 How much commercial income will need to be generated annually?
5 Who will be taking the commercial units at the site?

The whole thing from start to finish feels very scruffy.

Update definitely required from fetyourfactsstraigt I reckon

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 176
gaz57
October 20, 2017, 5:31pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Vote this dogshit council out we might have a better chance.

There going to be to busy looking through your bin to raise more cash with fines to go with the money they are always fleecing off the motorists to keep the country going, while the Tories cut even more money from the tax payers to pay for a train for the rich and a bunch of missiles to rust away in a bunker somewhere. Sorry for the rant but I do feel better. UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 176
MuddyWaters
October 20, 2017, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from HertsGTFC
It never ceases to amaze me how fukin stupid people are we spend all that time debating and arguing about PP when it's not even the best site, of we can't choose the most appropriate site how will we ever get the thing built?

Extreme lesuire ? Why would we get into bed with a company that just appears to be a web site and has never built anything like this before?

This "proposal" as it is in reality only that at this stage is essential for GTFC to move forward without a doubt but a number of questions cause me concern,

1 How much debt will it land is in?
2 Have the accountants identified the break even point to service that debt?
3 In reality how many home supporters do the club truly believe they can attract each week that make this work?
4 How much commercial income will need to be generated annually?
5 Who will be taking the commercial units at the site?

The whole thing from start to finish feels very scruffy.

Update definitely required from fetyourfactsstraigt I reckon

Like it or not, the current product, both on and off the pitch, needs to be a hell of a lot better than it is currently in order to attract the kind of attendances that will justify a new stadium. Much as I would like to see us in a shiny new arena, loads of work still needs to be done to achieve it.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 176
HertsGTFC
October 20, 2017, 5:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
I would agree on all counts Codger!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 176
dapperz fun pub
October 20, 2017, 5:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I would agree on all counts Codger!

Other clubs not doing particularly well have built new stadia and some done ok some not so , but if we don’t do it what will come of the club long term ? We’ve got to do it simple as ... just prey it happens
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 176
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NEW STADIUM

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.