Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NEW STADIUM
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 151 Guests

NEW STADIUM

This thread currently has 26,147 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
October 25, 2017, 7:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from SteffiMariner

I have been in loads of 10k + games at BP.If and as should be the aim we ever get back to the Championship you need an away end that holds a minimum 3k IMHO. I think you have between 10-15k GTFC supporters with a hard core of around 4k like others have said a new ground will see a lot of those floating supporters return even if it`s a one off. Most people are the same ie the cinema example if they come to a new ground and enjoy the day,facilities and better still the actual game they will return.This area is crying out for investment and whatever gets built needs to be standout something to be proud of that will stand the test of time building a shoe box ala Glanford Park should not be an option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 176
HertsGTFC
October 25, 2017, 8:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
I think managing expectations as ever with GTFC will be a challenge. I would be happy with 4 stands like the new away end at Barnet good view, good capacity, enough turnstiles and a good sized bar and facilities underneath. If we had that it would be a quantum leap from where we are now.

I can't see us opening a Donny style "stadium" but you never know. What I do expect is that  it opens it won't be quite finished in terms of the overall development. I would also like to see some 4G pitches at the sides that can be used for kids tournaments on a Saturday morning with the participants sticking around for the game in the afternoon. In egg chasing Saracens do this and it works wonders to get th community feel going and put bums on seats

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 176
grimsby pete
October 25, 2017, 11:11am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
You just have to look at the match day experience to see why a lot more fans will attend the new stadium.

Blundell Park,

No car parking,

Not enough toilets,

Poor viewing in a lot of seats,

Not enough food outlets

All these things will be rectified in the new stadium plus there will be an opportunity for the club to earn more money by hiring facilities out which means more money to get better players in,

Which will enable the manager to win more games,

Win more games = Bigger crowds.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 176
1mickylyons
October 25, 2017, 12:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
You just have to look at the match day experience to see why a lot more fans will attend the new stadium.

Blundell Park,

No car parking,

Not enough toilets,

Poor viewing in a lot of seats,

Not enough food outlets

All these things will be rectified in the new stadium plus there will be an opportunity for the club to earn more money by hiring facilities out which means more money to get better players in,

Which will enable the manager to win more games,

Win more games = Bigger crowds.

Quite right people are looking at this as just a football stadium and that is wrong.The Club will hopefully make money 7 days a week by having facilities to host corporate events etc.BP was great 25-30 years ago now it`s 25-30 years out of date and we need to move on it`s not just for GTFC the area needs this for a flagship new build.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 176
HertsGTFC
October 25, 2017, 12:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Remember when the Grimsby leasuire centre opened? That generated loads of interest and a new stadium would do similar, whether or not the club have the savvy to keep a feelgood factor going is a big question for me especially with the current regime.

I am not sure we'll get state of the art but I am sure it will be worth having and have enough added on to make money away from game days. Lots of opportunity providing we can be commercially brave enough.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 176
1mickylyons
October 25, 2017, 1:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Remember when the Grimsby leasuire centre opened? That generated loads of interest and a new stadium would do similar, whether or not the club have the savvy to keep a feelgood factor going is a big question for me especially with the current regime.

I am not sure we'll get state of the art but I am sure it will be worth having and have enough added on to make money away from game days. Lots of opportunity providing we can be commercially brave enough.

You get out what you put in. When I first visited the Parkway Cinema it had the wow factor and for years previous I had traipsed to Hull so bad was the fayre on offer down Freeman St.Not sure when Parkway opened but it`s still good enough.Each of the 92 Clubs are unique and I know all biased to there own Club but I would have been pretty embarrassed if I were a Scunny fan and got dealt GP whilst it may well have been or be classed as adequate for them it`s a bloody eyesore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 176
realist
October 25, 2017, 4:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,686
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Ah the liesure centre. A facility built completly in the wrong location leading to its early demise. Not a good example really.
Shouldnt we wait to see if the stadium is going to be built before we start a wish list?  As for some of the poor facilities at bp, the toilets and catering could easily be improved if fenty had enough brain cells to think about looking after the fans. He seemed engaged in a constant battle against his paying customers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 176
HertsGTFC
October 25, 2017, 4:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Realist are you familiar with the term "mood hoover"? Read the post the point I was making about the lesuire centre was that it generated initial interest not what happened 15 years or so later.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 176
realist
October 25, 2017, 6:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,686
Gold Stars: 41
Herts, I might have misunderstood what you meant but thought you were in favour of a short short term boost?  The project needs to be sustainable for the long term.
Keep your hair on, dont be a fun sponge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 176
lew chaterleys lover
October 25, 2017, 6:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I think managing expectations as ever with GTFC will be a challenge. I would be happy with 4 stands like the new away end at Barnet good view, good capacity, enough turnstiles and a good sized bar and facilities underneath. If we had that it would be a quantum leap from where we are now.

I can't see us opening a Donny style "stadium" but you never know. What I do expect is that  it opens it won't be quite finished in terms of the overall development. I would also like to see some 4G pitches at the sides that can be used for kids tournaments on a Saturday morning with the participants sticking around for the game in the afternoon. In egg chasing Saracens do this and it works wonders to get th community feel going and put bums on seats

I have never been to the Hive but have looked at photos on line. Surely we are aiming higher than that aren't we, in theory at least? It needs to be a flagship development, with a definite style (not 4 new stands per se) showcasing the latest in design and a real advantage to the town. If they are not planning that I wouldn't bother.
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 176
18 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NEW STADIUM

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.