Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back-on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 366 Guests

Just Back-on the bus.

This thread currently has 8,973 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
mariner83
October 18, 2017, 8:07am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Cloudy

Didnt Mills come on around 50 mins to replace Dixon?

[tweet]920378441681301504[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
Jarmo.Is.God
October 18, 2017, 8:31am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
I think Woolford deserves a mention for his Corners alone.

We are so use to seeing the keeper just catch it, or it hit the first man.

But 9 times out of 10, he gets it right in the mix where the keeper cant come for it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
HertsGTFC
October 18, 2017, 8:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,635
Gold Stars: 217
We have definitely improved on corners this season under Bignot all we had was a near post flick which if scouted before a game can be easily dealt with and under Hurst we appeared to just get it in the box for opposing keepers to claim. This term the delivery and movement from the taller players is much better.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
chicaneuk
October 18, 2017, 8:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Nothing more to add to what has been said really... not been following the team as closely in the last 6-8 months so I'm really out of the loop on our players, etc. That said, Dembele was a real standout - fantastic player!

But it was a pretty enjoyable game last night.  I thought town looked good, certainly in the first half. We started extremely brightly and really kept pressure on them.

I guess my only disappointment was how deeply we were defending towards the end.. we were playing so deep that in the last 10 minutes or so, their players could pick up the ball in their half completely unchallenged and just start lobbing it in towards the box as it seemed like all our players were hanging around in the box just WAITING for their players to flood in. It just meant we were backs to the wall the whole time, making for a very nervy last few minutes.

Overall I think the scoreline was a fair reflection of the game.  And all that matters though really is the three points and a good result for the traveling fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
barralad
October 18, 2017, 11:07am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from arryarryarry

Looked a bog standard cross into the box for me, just behind Jones but Dembele made it by running onto the ball.

Well I was a long way from it..but having seen it on the highlights you are correct!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
Maringer
October 18, 2017, 11:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Any cross which the opposition defence don't clear and which your player scores from when not under challenge is surely, by definition, a good one?

Admittedly, we got a bit of luck with the ball bouncing back to Dembele, but it's about time we had one drop for us in the box!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
Mendonca1995
October 18, 2017, 11:59am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Dixon very close to man of the match had his best game in a town shirt for me they all played very well for me as a team and well worth my of the win getting better steadily and as I keep saying it's a marathon not a sprint Lon way to go yet but the biggest problem we face is keeping our little gem (dembele) he's a cut above

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
Kris2
October 18, 2017, 3:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Dembele seems to be gaining more and more confidence with each game. Once he scored one the floodgates have opened now and he's going for it after being close a couple of times before finally scoring. I remember last season watching Portsmouth and they had a player with a similar build and style who was running everything for them and thought "If we could get a player like that it'd be great" and now we have our own nippy midfielder with a trick or two up his sleeve.

Collins goal is funny to watch, it's probably the slowest shot on goal he's ever made but it just seems to have the right placement in the corner so the keeper can't get it at full stretch.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
Maringer
October 18, 2017, 3:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I think Collins is celebrating long before it actually trickles into the net which is quite funny to see.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
Paris Mariner
October 21, 2017, 6:48pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809

Its dull boring football with an occasional win I don't see how anyone could carry on watching it. The fact we are 3 points off the playoffs has nothing to do with it I'm just bored of the constant excrement football I am offered I want football like today. I can understand an occasional boring excrement match but, 4 good games out of 14. I had forgotten about the game today thats how invested I am at the moment because of the way we are playing. UTM Slade Out.

I think you are being a tad unfair. I am definitely not a Slade fan but we played some really good stuff on Tuesday. Some of the interlinking play between midfielders and forwards on the wings was excellent. Further to that I think we have played some good football in a lot of games this season. In the original Derby match we started well and we are certainly play better football than under his previous tenure.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back-on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.