KingstonMariner
October 16, 2017, 10:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grimbiggs
Some good points already made, but how many decent sides have we actually beaten yet?
At home we've beaten Crewe and Yeovil, both very poor teams, we've drawn with Colchester, Lincoln and Crawley, again pretty poor teams. Away we've beaten the relegation sides Chesterfield and Port Vale, and also Accrington, who are probably in a false position. Our performances and style of play on the whole, particularly at home, have been pretty mediocre. So whilst it is still early days, BASED on our performances to date, and the quality of opposition we've yet to face, realistically it pains me to say, but we're as high in the table now as we're likely to be this season.    

Why? They're about where they were last season, and the season before - narrowly missed out on 3rd to Bristol Rovers and lost in the play offs.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
1mickylyons
October 17, 2017, 7:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from gtfc98
We’re not bad but we’re also not great. Can see why there’s frustration because the football is sometimes dull. I think the hoof ball thing is a bit of a myth though and Slade is tarnished with it. I heard someone shout “HOOF” when McKeown kicked the ball out from a back pass on Saturday!

Sorry about that....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
moosey_club
October 17, 2017, 10:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from GrimRob

For BP to fill up most of the crowd will not have seen many of the earlier games. By and large those who have attended the existing games will remain and any extra fans will be non-regular attendees. I know crowds have dropped off, but primarily it is league position which is going to drive people through the turnstyles for the first time. The whole reason for the play-off system is to give something to play for and try and keep the crowds up. Not many people will choose to watch months of meaningless football, no matter how entertaining it is.

Disagree.
The fans most likely to come back if results improve are those floating supporters that already came in the first place...as they already hold an interest for the club...to recruit full new support to boost the gate to capacity takes prolonged success over a season and the buzz around the place...ala Lincoln and their excellent season last year.
A few dodgy 1-0 wins wont give us that.
There needs to be a happy medium of excitement and results IMO.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
GrimRob
October 17, 2017, 2:37pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from moosey_club

Disagree.
The fans most likely to come back if results improve are those floating supporters that already came in the first place...as they already hold an interest for the club...to recruit full new support to boost the gate to capacity takes prolonged success over a season and the buzz around the place...ala Lincoln and their excellent season last year.
A few dodgy 1-0 wins wont give us that.
There needs to be a happy medium of excitement and results IMO.

The thing is the figures don't add up. We have lost maybe a few hundred regular supporters at most (season ticket renewals next season is another matter). For the ground to fill up we need a few thousand. The most likely thing to draw them to BP is the league table, it's unlikely many people will see more of the games than a few clips if they are not already going to them.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 24
moosey_club
October 17, 2017, 4:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from GrimRob

The thing is the figures don't add up. We have lost maybe a few hundred regular supporters at most (season ticket renewals next season is another matter). For the ground to fill up we need a few thousand. The most likely thing to draw them to BP is the league table, it's unlikely many people will see more of the games than a few clips if they are not already going to them.

Season ticket holders that i know...myself included...are doubting our own sanity right now and i am pretty much assured i WILL NOT be renewing next season based on ...

dire levels of excitement, entertainment and skill
the already promised price increase for next season ( regardless of where we finish )

i was only pulled into getting an ST this season to assure myself i could get tickets for the higher profile away games....wont be making that mistake next season UNLESS something drastically improves

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2 Ways of looking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.