Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thug alert.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 150 Guests

Thug alert.

This thread currently has 8,188 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
October 15, 2017, 9:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Thanks all for your concern. The cctv idea is worth a call to local police. Sadly I was too angry to think straight at the time or I could have followed them to get a view of the number plate. Did anyone else think that police had a low profile after the game yesterday? No traffic management  at Macdonalds junction/ bus stops?
For what it's worth, my take on the crowd mood in the upper Youngs was that booing was directed at directors and management for the turgid tactics and that there is still support for players who put in the effort.
There were several lively exchanges between fans around row G without matters getting physical. I am still enjoying being back in the league and plan a few more away trips. If I did not have lots of family in North Lincs I would attend fewer games at BP. Like many exiles on this board, attending games is about achieving a GTFC/ Life balance. Do I help with the young grandkids or drive to Morecombe or try another route up Snowdon?
The product at BP is stale. I am hooked for life but tomorrows fans?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
chaos33
October 15, 2017, 9:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
At least there's some joy in the grandkids and the mountains Croxton.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
Marinerz93
October 15, 2017, 9:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Gauging the tone of someones conversation before inviting yourself into their conversation at any instance is a must because you don't know how anyone will react to a stranger joining in. Generally talking to Town fans I've never had any bother although I've had disagreements it never turned physical.

Just the other day I was talking to a Muslim colleague about North Korea about and their missile tests and he flew into a rage about the US and Western forces in Muslim countries. I could see where he was coming from but he almost burst a blood vessel and diverted from the main issue.

Obviously it's dependent on the individual, and like you say you've had plenty of chats to Town fans, mark this down as a one off and carry on as usual.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
Croxton
October 15, 2017, 9:54am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Chose a bad example there. Saturday is totally the wrong time to brave the crowds on Snowdon!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
chaos33
October 15, 2017, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
It is! You'd be ok in Eskdale or Duddon Valley though  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
GYinScuntland
October 15, 2017, 10:30am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Reporting it is a must, a duty even.
You could possibly save someone a future  hiding if they are caught.
These are the same sort who would attack any perceived victim anytime, anywhere.
The comments about possible CCTV are spot on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
October 15, 2017, 10:31am
Guest User
Really sorry this happened to you mate, an absolute disgrace. I hope they are caught and shamed. Sometimes I worry about this world we live in, I hope you are okay and it hasn't affected your confidence too much. They are coward and a disgrace.
Reply: 16 - 40
Zmariner
October 15, 2017, 10:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from livosnose
At the end of the day there is a large proportion of Town fans who are complete morons. Case example the ones at Chester away who stood up and danced right in front of our wheelchair bound disabled supporters. Half the top boys on here are down right ignorant 50 something racists as well. Utm

Mathis is not your thing define a large proportion. For sure there are idiots and these morons in this example are clearly dumb, cowardly and need a new hobby
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
KingstonMariner
October 15, 2017, 10:40am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Sorry to hear that Croxton. As an intelligent person you're clearly questioning yourself for getting involved in the conversation, but there was no excuse for what they did.

You hit the nail on the head about getting the balance right between Town/family/work/hobbies (in no particular order).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
dapperz fun pub
October 15, 2017, 11:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Fuckiin disgraceful that but sadly not surprised.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thug alert.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.